What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on ex-players.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The TV crew were there bro so I guess so, I saw Krystal Rota but that is not unusual since she is a Sea Eagles girl.

Nah I see you're talking about the game a couple of months ago, which was livestreamed for Youtube.

The game where he got injured was more recently and was against Marist. That was a Wednesday night game at Mt Smart #2 and they played it live on Sky. Coincidentally Krystal Rota would've been there because she does the commentary with Steve McIvor.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Manu is playing? That's cool, I have absolutely no issue with him being involved back in the game and it seems like he is still an inspiration to those who saw him play.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Ok here’s my contribution:

David Bhana - former U20s captain, Junior Kiwi, played first grade for Newcastle

I saw him at indoor cricket last night and he’s a freak of nature, he’s easy 140kg but moves like quicksilver in the field and bowls awesome in swinging left arm pace with the ball

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
People forget bro. He was incredible.
Not me, his consistency was incredible. And was Jonah-esque (not quite but in the same ball park) as a guy with pure pace but was also big, able to brush off defenders. I still remember where I was after that 07 Eels shocker, and he worked so damn hard to come back from that. In fact, his woes under the high ball that night became what he was renowned for - the bomb to Manu.

Taukeiaho is often spoken about as one of the ones that got away. Yes, he did amazing things at the Roosters, but I never liked his attitude. I think it was his attitude that made us not re-sign him. Then the Roosters snagged him, he matured a bit, and the rest is history.