What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on Fatty

eelandia

Juniors
I've liked the guy as a commentator and character since his debut as a sideline eye. His debut was a classic and I remember it changing my view of him from that day on - after all he is Manly and that alone puts himon the back foot.

Here's hoping he recovers fully and comes back soon - the footy show isn't the same without him.

j_tig

Juniors
get well soon fatty!

eelavation said:
I think he'll eventually be ok.

But does anyone get the feeling that it was much more serious than what's reported in the media?...I can't help feeling that at 1 stage his life actually hung in the balance.

im getting the same feeling too. i mean a footy player gets concussed and a week later comes back to footy, yet fatty cant be on tv for how long now? must be very serious!

Kiwi

First Grade
I feel sorry for the guy, and wish him a speedy recovery, but I ain't gonna make out like he ain't one of the worst commentators in the game.

Never liked the guy but no-one deserves this. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery (and then decides to give the TV game away).

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I have mixed feelings about the guy in general but I hope he makes a full recovery. I have heard that the injuries sustained were similar but not as bad (obviously) as David Hookes. Get well soon Fatty..

forward pass

Coach
nqboy said:
I dislike him because he sold his arse to the big end of town years ago and is now only a Queenslander when it suits him.
QUOTE]

One of the Dumbest posts ever.....Are you talking about the same Fatty????

Boing Boing

Juniors
O'Meley said:
I guess you don't care if the commentary is a sh*t standard then.

That is pretty inappropriate mate. I'm not a big fan of Fatty at all, but I wouldn't wish anything like that on him. Imagine what his family if going through right now.

hrundi99 said:
He used to bug me but in the last few years I've come around to liking him. I hope everything works out alright.

His jocular way of approaching his support for Manly is something Gould could learn from.

Surely it's Gould's fault Fatty fell off the truck?!