What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on the Raiders from the Origin 19s

Paullyboy

Coach
I figured none of you blokes would have seen any of it, so ill see what I can remmeber.

Firstly Queensland absolutely belted the cockies 42-12. :D .

Zillman set up a brilliant try for someone in the first half with a perfect chip and chase from about the half way line, then regathering, drawing the fullback and setting up a try.

Carney offered very little in attack which worries me. Considering the raps you lot give this bloke - I expected 1000 times better. He was predictable at best, you knew when it got near the try line, he'd dummy, try and step inside and burrow through. Didnt work once. He did kick 2/2 goals though.

Milne (I think it was him, #2 for NSW) had a barry crocker which set up the first QLD try. He just dissapeared under the high ball, making no attempt to catch it, the queenslanders then scooped it up for a relatively easy try in the end - that was a worrying sight. I didnt notice much else from him in the game.

I think there was another raider in the game but couldnt remember who, all in all Zillman is the only one (as the scoreline suggests) who could be happy with their performance.

woodgers

Bench
Beside the result I am not unhappy. Guys this age coping a Lang Park crowd and QLD performance were always going to stuggle. The more experience in these arena's the better.

Let's see what the 2nd game brings.

thickos

First Grade
Are there three curtain raisers or just a one-off?

Carney did carve them in the corresponding game at Telstra last season.

He seems to be in a bit of a rut.

roopy

Referee
Blake Ayshford-Sydney Roosters
Kurt Beaham-Narromine (AIS)
Michael Brophy-Canberra Raiders
Ryan Carr-Cronulla Sharks
Josh Cochrane-Illawarra Steelers
Bill Collins-Sydney Roosters
Scott Dobbins-Newcastle Knights
Blake Gallan-Boggabri (AIS)
Tim Grant-Penrith Panthers
Matthew Hall-Sydney Roosters
Jarryd Hayne-Parramatta Eels
Jay Hemming-Manly Sea Eagles
Trent Hodkinson-Parramatta Eels
Michael Jennings-Penrith Panthers
Robert Jones-Boggabri (AIS)
Kris Keating-Parramatta Eels
Shaun Kenny-Dowall-Sydney Roosters
Chris Lawrence-Western Suburbs Magpies
Blake Lazurus-Canterbury Bulldogs
Martin Lewis-Curlewis (AIS)
Karl McNichol-Canterbury Bulldogs
Lucas Miller-Newcastle Knights
Luke Muttdon-Illawarra Steelers
Eddie Paea-South Sydney Rabbitohs
Eddy Pettybourne-South Sydney Rabbitohs
Calleeb Reedy-Illawarra Steelers
Callan Richardson-Newcastle Knights
Arthur Scott-South Sydney Rabbitohs
Alex Switzer-Eden (AIS)
Sene Tala-St George Dragons
Nathan Tannous-Parramatta Eels
Inoke Tapaatouta-Manly Sea Eagles
Joel Thompson-Forbes (AIS)
Junior Tia Kilifi -Penrith Panthers
Aiden Tolman-Hat Head (AIS)
Jordan Tau'au-Parramatta Eels
Stanley Waqa-Sydney Roosters
Craig Woodland-Canberra Raiders

roopy

Referee
It is great to see so many AIS kids getting a run in the trial game.

For those that don't know about the AIS programme - it is for kids from the country who have no way of playing a high standard of junior games except by leaving home. They basically stay in their country towns, but do regular 'residentials' at the AIS in Canberra to develop their skills and fitness etc.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Edwahu said:
Is the under 17's game Origin now as well?

I dont believe so as rep qualification is from age 16 so there would be none to pick from. U19's became origin for the same reason seniors did - NSW clubs pillaging Queensland talent and then picking them to wear a Blue jersey.

Qld trial is on tomorrow as a curtain raiser at Dolphin Oval. Southern Qld v Northern Qld U17's.

It is U17's for Origin II and then Residents for Origin III.

I reckon you'll win the 17's. Your junior rep program is better than getting picked from Qld Junior footy.

roopy

Referee
The Newcastle players are;
Scott Dobbins - he played prop in Harold Mathews last season (u16s) and played second row in SG Ball this season. He was a starting second rower despite the Knights having guys like Ling and Barton who represented NSW u17s last season in the same position.

Callan Richardson is a tall lanky centre who was the top tryscorer for the Knights in Harold Mathews last season and scored 7 tries from only four games in SG Ball this season. He spent most of the Ball season out injured.

Lucas Miller is a halfback who only got limited game time this year because Luke Walsh was the main halfback in SG Ball - and probably the best player in the Knights team.

Big Mick

Referee
Would someone be able to tell me how Junior Moors went in that game.

I heard he had a really good game, but I would like an impartial judgment.