What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update

franklin2323

Immortal
I just met up with my source with the club. Sanyo: Will stay as sponsor as the front will be Sanyo Solar. The back will be Sanyo's imaging/photograghy both start after the sanyo brand retail side of things ceases in March Stadium sponsor: Centrebet should get it. The offer is $500k per season for 4 years. Should be a done deal but a couple of councilors have reservations about a gambling company as sponsor. Sleeve sponsor: $500k per season deals in from Westpac, Bank of Queensland & a HR Company. Membership numbers: This stage last year 1,500. This year 2,800 generally we have a late rush we are on target for 6000. There will 2 Blackhole 3 & 4 in the Eastern Terrace. Recruitment: Fortunately we front ended Coote & McKendry. Pritchard's offer was made on the back of heavy backending 2011 $100k so it maybe good he isnt here. Training: Seliuni is ranked 1st in the beep test with 14. Given his rival Masada is 8. Puts him in line to get the bench spot. Towney is now the fastest at the club. Taumata is volunteering for every job off-field as possible. Yileen has dropped 5kgs. Given we need all 3 firing this is good news. Also Noble has been at training whilst on a holiday. If finances hold up the successful late 90's early 2000's partnership will b reunited

Last edited:

Spitty

Juniors
Great update Franklin, thanks for the imfo.

14 on the beep test is hard work. A bit of a worry that Iosefa can only get 8. I mean when I left the police academy I got 8.6 and I stopped early because I'd already passed and I'm certainly no super fit man. In fact these days I look like I swollowed a sheep.

Good to hear Taumata going well. I've said on PI I think if he keeps his head right and keeps fit, few players at our club could keep him out of the top 17. He's super freak talented.

Wonder how we'll fit "Westpac" on a sleeve?

franklin2323

Immortal
Great update Franklin, thanks for the imfo.

14 on the beep test is hard work. A bit of a worry that Iosefa can only get 8. I mean when I left the police academy I got 8.6 and I stopped early because I'd already passed and I'm certainly no super fit man. In fact these days I look like I swollowed a sheep.

Good to hear Taumata going well. I've said on PI I think if he keeps his head right and keeps fit, few players at our club could keep him out of the top 17. He's super freak talented.

Wonder how we'll fit "Westpac" on a sleeve?
My top 17 has Taumata in the 6 & Seliuni in the 14 so thats good to hear from my point of view. They may just put the W for Westpac rather then the whole word

Claws Panther

Juniors
Sorry to burst your bubble Franklin but i would check your insider for more accurate info. I can confirm your membership number and suggestion of a 2nd Blackhole are both incorrect. Sanyo will also remain on the front of the jersey as is with no change in 2011 and the target for members in 2011 is 7000. Nice rumours though maybe your source is a little mis-informed or creative with their ideas??

franklin2323

Immortal
Well my mates dad is pretty well connected without saying too much. Most of his info is on the mark. I guess we will see as the season gets closer how close to the mark he is. He has a good strike rate

murraymob

Coach
Sorry to burst your bubble Franklin but i would check your insider for more accurate info. I can confirm your membership number and suggestion of a 2nd Blackhole are both incorrect. Sanyo will also remain on the front of the jersey as is with no change in 2011 and the target for members in 2011 is 7000. Nice rumours though maybe your source is a little mis-informed or creative with their ideas??

so is the current membership higher and lower.As for the 2nd black hole he may be partly right as it may be expanded not a full section but partially

Spitty

Juniors
In the Canberra home semi, the black hole took up half of bay 7 aswell as all of bay 6. The stadium map on the "Panthers Den" also shows this.

http://www.pantherden.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=Article&ItemID=35629

I doubt bay 4 would become a black hole, that'd upset a heap of current members who sit there. Plus all the membership advertising indicates that the black hole is bay 6 and half of 7 and bay 4 is for eastern terrace members. Surely they can't advertise membership to people on this priviso and then change the bays around at the 11th hour.

Also bays 3 and 4 are alcohol free. Unless they're gonna move the alcohol free zones having the black hole their doesn't make a lot of sense.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I just met up with my source with the club.

Well my mates dad is pretty well connected without saying too much. Most of his info is on the mark. I guess we will see as the season gets closer how close to the mark he is. He has a good strike rate

So your source is your mates dad then, not a a guy from the actual club??

Yileen has dropped 5kgs. Given we need all 3 firing this is good news.

Drop by training one day and take a look at Yileen - you won't miss him. He needs to drop another 15kgs (possibly more) to get any where near 1st grade. There is a reason he is doing extra training sessions with the out of shape guys.

franklin2323

Immortal
So your source is your mates dad then, not a a guy from the actual club??

Drop by training one day and take a look at Yileen - you won't miss him. He needs to drop another 15kgs (possibly more) to get any where near 1st grade. There is a reason he is doing extra training sessions with the out of shape guys.
My mates dad works for the club & is my source. Did you not see McKendry 1st day last off-season he was a good 12kgs over weight the same program is being done for Gordon. Whether he sticks to it is anyones guess. Spitty now I come to think about it the blackhole is bay 6. Maybe the setup like it was for the Canberra game is the permenant setup. Either way good to see the blackhole expand to a 2nd bay

greenfins

Juniors
I just met up with my source with the club. Sanyo: Will stay as sponsor as the front will be Sanyo Solar. The back will be Sanyo's imaging/photograghy both start after the sanyo brand retail side of things ceases in March Stadium sponsor: Centrebet should get it. The offer is $500k per season for 4 years. Should be a done deal but a couple of councilors have reservations about a gambling company as sponsor. Sleeve sponsor: $500k per season deals in from Westpac, Bank of Queensland & a HR Company. Membership numbers: This stage last year 1,500. This year 2,800 generally we have a late rush we are on target for 6000. There will 2 Blackhole 3 & 4 in the Eastern Terrace. Recruitment: Fortunately we front ended Coote & McKendry. Pritchard's offer was made on the back of heavy backending 2011 $100k so it maybe good he isnt here. Training: Seliuni is ranked 1st in the beep test with 14. Given his rival Masada is 8. Puts him in line to get the bench spot. Towney is now the fastest at the club. Taumata is volunteering for every job off-field as possible. Yileen has dropped 5kgs. Given we need all 3 firing this is good news. Also Noble has been at training whilst on a holiday. If finances hold up the successful late 90's early 2000's partnership will b reunited

Great post, just what we like to read, good information. There is usually just negitive crap and whinging from alot of the members.
Well done, keep them coming.

murraymob

Coach
i would back franklins info on the players as it has been spot on for the last 2 years.
The off field info will always be hard to be accurate as member numbers change every day.The black hole is expanding just not by a whole bay.
As others have said Franklin keep the info coming i enjoy hearing it.Especially anything on Windsor as penrith dont put anything o Windsor

Claws Panther

Juniors
I dont doubt that your mates Dad works for the club at a high level. Chinese wispers can kill any good story along the way though. I can just confirm your incorrect information of Sanyo Solar being on the front of the jersey, Membership numbers and 2nd Blackhole are all incorrect. If you dont belive me send me a PM and i can put your mind as ease that your information is incorrect.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont doubt that your mates Dad works for the club at a high level. Chinese wispers can kill any good story along the way though. I can just confirm your incorrect information of Sanyo Solar being on the front of the jersey, Membership numbers and 2nd Blackhole are all incorrect. If you dont belive me send me a PM and i can put your mind as ease that your information is incorrect.

No Sanyo is staying as is on the front the trade off was the imaging/photography arm on the back.

I don't really care what you say about membership we should just announce it and stop the 'chinese whispers'. The member numbers will come out eventually he may have old figures. So when the Balckhole sells out it won't be expanding well that's good for the fans that sit there and may want mates to join them.

I hear stuff and post it given the club gives us no information. Other fans may want to know. Look around through the old threads. This site had except for Wakeman and Winitana EVERY signing we made. The squad was just confirmation. So the rumour mill is accurate most times then not

franklin2323

Immortal
i would back franklins info on the players as it has been spot on for the last 2 years.
The off field info will always be hard to be accurate as member numbers change every day.The black hole is expanding just not by a whole bay.
As others have said Franklin keep the info coming i enjoy hearing it.Especially anything on Windsor as penrith dont put anything o Windsor

Thanks Murray. Unfortunately I need to rely on the inside secret info as the club treats us like mushrooms. I will keep it coming

Claws Panther

Juniors
Sorry i apologise for mis interpreting "Will stay as sponsor as the front will be Sanyo Solar" I thought you were saying that the front would change to Sanyo Solar not remain as Sanyo.
As you can obviously tell I am very close to this information and just want to make sure that any information that is out there is accurate. The Blackhole has already expanded by another half a bay by taking 1/2 bay 7. I just wanted to clarify that there will not be a 2nd Blackhole just a bigger and better one.
I didnt wish to offend you and your valuable "source" and personally I dont feel like the club treats us as "mushrooms" rather the opposite when it comes to how much information the Panthers members receive compared to the members of other clubs. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Kilkenny

Coach
The lack of information from PI about new recruits for 2011 has largely been diabolical and I for one simply do not understand it.

The announcement of new recruits is a key component of the clubs marketing strategy for increasing memberships, or should be anyway.

How many of our new recruits did our club actually confirm. The first confirmation in most cases came when the top squads were officially announced and even then we got it wrong when we announced a certain back rower who eventually signed with the Dragons.

The disappointing end to 2010 was largely thru bad luck with injury and suspension, the lack of communication with the clubs fans in the off season has been appalling in my opinion.

franklin2323

Immortal
I didnt wish to offend you and your valuable "source" and personally I dont feel like the club treats us as "mushrooms" rather the opposite when it comes to how much information the Panthers members receive compared to the members of other clubs. But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Everyone has their opinion I respect that but I don't agree.

Us and Manly are the only 2 sydney clubs not to inform us on how the membership numbers are going.

These players we eventually got confirmation about 1 month ago yet these are the dates we knew of them coming our way:

Seliuni: 25 Sept,
Weston: 2 Nov,
Towney: Still yet too be announced yet is in training picture so he must be signed. However GF week whilist at the Aboriginal KO tournament he was announced as a signing.
Gibb: 26 Oct.
Gordon 20 Sept.

And Finally I want to buy a heritage jersey but not until ALL the sponsors are on it. Imagine my surprise when I can't find a date for this I was even told may not be before the Round 4 heritage game.

But hey we are kept in the loop

Last edited: