What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated rankings I think!

DINGb@T

Juniors
Actually, that's not a bad system. Rewards teams that are active and probably gives a fair indicator of just how far teams have to go to be competitive with the top two. Poms might not like it but they probably are that far from Aus and NZ.

I expect Jamaica and Canada to be the big movers on the list in the next few years, although the team that qualifies for the North American qualifier spot for the WC will no doubt get the biggest boost.

roughyedspud

Coach
Actually, that's not a bad system. Rewards teams that are active and probably gives a fair indicator of just how far teams have to go to be competitive with the top two. Poms might not like it but they probably are that far from Aus and NZ..

that far behind australia yeah...not NZ though...as i keep pointing out the kiwis have'nt beaten us in england since 2005...and only twice since the 2000 world cup

what the kiwis have over us is they've lost the fear of the aussies and keep getting bonus points for stuffing them in finals......but games against us tend to be 50/50 games where the biggest factor being where the game is played...

No South Africa on the list?
they haven't really been participating in full internationals since they played in the 2000 world cup. Only a couple of games between touring UK teams, hope to see them perform well in the wc qualifiers though but due to them being isolated in the rugby league world it will be hard for them to play more quality matches

yakstorm

First Grade
that far behind australia yeah...not NZ though...as i keep pointing out the kiwis have'nt beaten us in england since 2005...and only twice since the 2000 world cup

what the kiwis have over us is they've lost the fear of the aussies and keep getting bonus points for stuffing them in finals......but games against us tend to be 50/50 games where the biggest factor being where the game is played...

And to be honest where the games are played would be where a lot of the point differential has come from. Considering this is done on a 3 year cycle, this would be based upon the 2008, 2009 and 2010 International seasons.

In those years, two of them were played in the Southern Hemisphere, with England's only victory in those two tours being against PNG.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Can you point out to me the last time England or GB beat the Kiwis in the Southern Hemisphere.

TBH The Kiwis sh*t all over England GB whatever they want to call themselves. The Kiwis now have depth and competition in all key positions where England dont. England have a long way to catch up to Kiwis and this is reflected accurately in the world ranking points.

40/20

Juniors
Can you point out to me the last time England or GB beat the Kiwis in the Southern Hemisphere.

TBH The Kiwis sh*t all over England GB whatever they want to call themselves. The Kiwis now have depth and competition in all key positions where England dont. England have a long way to catch up to Kiwis and this is reflected accurately in the world ranking points.
he said in the nh,and they have been on par with us if you remember the sf of the wc was close and they swept us on the all golds tour
nz doesnt have a problem standing up to aus never has [now we have the talent/depth] to back it up but we tend to struggle against teams we should beat and games between gb/eng-nz are always good

roughyedspud

Coach

i think ECT is wrong...we've not beaten the kiwis down under since 1990 when we won the series 2-1

the 1996 tour we lost 3-0...and lost to the moaris

so since 1990 we've played the kiwis 14 times down under...2 in OZ & 11 in NZ

if you look at the last 12 games you've played against us here,which takes us back to the 2002 series the kiwis only have 2 wins to their name,in the 2002 series & 2005 tri nations (1 draw & 9 loses) during which period the kiwis have been tri,4n & world champions...yet they have'nt managed to beat us at home while holding those titles.....quite poor really

but games against us tend to be 50/50 games where the biggest factor being where the game is played...

now read what i wrote above and this quote and tell me it ain't true!

are the kiwis the 2nd best team in the world....absolutely....but i'll be hitting the bookies when eng play nz in the 4nations when the bookies will have us at $3+ to win

RHCP

Bench
if you look at the last 12 games you've played against us here,which takes us back to the 2002 series the kiwis only have 2 wins to their name,in the 2002 series & 2005 tri nations (1 draw & 9 loses) during which period the kiwis have been tri,4n & world champions...yet they have'nt managed to beat us at home while holding those titles.....quite poor really
:lol:

Keep clinging to those straws.

This is the ignorant pillock who was spouting shit about NZ never having beaten Ingerlund/GB in a series in Ingerlund EVER only to be told they have done so not once not twice but three times. Doesn't even know anything about his own poxy country. But he does have a "black" mate.