What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA Tomahawks

Will League Grow in USA

• It will take off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will improve slowly

• Little Improvment

• No Change

• Get Worse

• Total voters

carlnz

Bench
There is so much debate going on the match againt Australia asking if it was worth it, and/or the game will not grow....

What do you guys think??

IMO they have started a 6-8 League themselves, been touring other nations...all with out much help or promotion on the game.....now they have been on TV against the best sporting team in the world and they did bloody well......

I think it will take off..

alexisUK

Juniors
As an outsider it does seem pretty impressive, but I've no idea what it's like 'on the ground' out there. I reckon RL could carve out a nice niche market there and at least be self sustaining and stable in the medium/long term. Sadly I doubt we'll ever see the day the USA becomes a 'big' rugby playing nation. But with the amount of money floating around in the US, who knows...

roopy

Referee
I voted it will grow slowly - but by slowly I mean it will continue to grow at 20% or better a year - which is an amazing growth rate really.

The thing that could really give it a kick along is if one of the many muted new comps kicks off due to the recent publicity - Utah, Georgia, California etc etc etc could all kick off next season and see an explosion in the code.

thuganomics

Coach
It wont take off really fast. I think it will build up slowly and in the next few years or so be a rugby league nation as well.

t-ba

Post Whore
Slowly.

*Gulp*...We can't underestimate the Benefit of News Limited.

I feel sick :|

roopy

Referee
In-goal said:
Georgia is a former soviet state, probably not the Atlanta Georgia your thinking of.
I was thinking of Savanah Georgia where they played the ST Pats game last season and where there is a bit of interest - the 'other' Georgia looks good too.

wittyfan

Referee
I think the Aussies need to make a appearance on NBC Today before league can really take off.