What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL 9's

USA 2013 Pre-Season Power Rankings

1a. NY Knights
1b. Jax Axemen
3. Boston 13's
4. Connecticut Wildcats
5. Philly Fight
6. Bucks County Sharks
7. Rhode Island Rebellion
8. Aston Bulls
9. Northern Raiders
10. DC Slayers
11. Northern Virginia Eagles
12. Baltimore Blues
13. Southampton Dragons (?)

:cool:

Thoughts?

1a. NY Knights
1b. Fight
3. Jax
4. Rebellion
5. Ct. Wildcats
6. Boston
7. DC Syayers
8. Bucks County
9. Aston
10. Radiers
12. Baltimore Blues

Fighter

Juniors
Here are the final tallies from the USARL 9's.

Qualifying Rounds:

• Australia Echidnas 26 | Dc Slayers -8
  • Duhaney Park Red Sharks 14 | Bucks County Sharks 6
  • NZ Police Fencibles 22 | VFC Philadelphia Fight 8
  • Rhode Island Rebellion 18 | DC Slayers 12
  • Duhaney Park Red Sharks 18 | Northern Barbarians 4
  • NZ Police Fencibles 26 | AYRLA Under 23 Americans 0
  • New England Australia Echidnas 20 | Rhode Island Rebellion 4
  • Bucks County Sharks 26 | Northern Barbarians 4
  • VFC Philadelphia Fight 26 | AYRLA Under 23 Americans 4
USARL 9s Finals:

• QF1: NZ Police Fencibles 28 | Northern Barbarians 0
  • QF2: New England Australia Echidnas 32 | DC Slayers 8
  • QF3: Rhode Island Rebellion 16 | Duhaney Park Red Sharks 14
  • QF4: VFC Philadelphia Fight 20 | the Bucks County Sharks 0
  • SF1: NZ Police Fencibles 30 | Rhode Island Rebellion 0
  • SF2: New England Australia Echidnas 12 | VFC Philadelphia Fight 16
  • Championship: NZ Police Fencibles 26 | VFC Philadelphia Fight – 0

Fighter

Juniors
The 3rd Annual USARL International 9′s were held this past Saturday May 18 and it was a great day of Rugby League despite the weather.

One man Kieran Goodhew stood out above all the rest and has been named the 2013 USARL International 9′s Player of the Tournament and he played for the 3 time champions the New Zealand Police Fencibles.

Visit this link for the full story:

http://www.fightrugby.com/2013-usa-rugby-league-9s-player-of-the-tournament/

usarlfan69

Juniors
1a. NY Knights
1b. Fight
3. Jax
4. Rebellion
5. Ct. Wildcats
6. Boston
7. DC Syayers
8. Bucks County
9. Aston
10. Radiers
12. Baltimore Blues

You are insane if you think the Knights or the Fight should be ranked above the Axemen. Seriously, have you guys seen what these guys have been doing since 2010.

Fighter

Juniors
You are insane if you think the Knights or the Fight should be ranked above the Axemen. Seriously, have you guys seen what these guys have been doing since 2010.

In the Fight's defense, we beat the Axemen in 2010 & 2011,the only team to do so by the way. Last year they thrashed us but we have gotten better and solidified our pack. New players Matt Clark, Casey Clark, and Kevin Wiggins surely won't hurt our chances. Should be our usual good matchup again and not a blowout.

The Axemen Have some losses this year... there a solid team but not unbeatable...Especially on the Road... @ Home there very tough.. with the travel and their home crowd but I would look to see them stumble on the road this season.

romeocbarsharks

Juniors
I'll go ahead and eat some crow (I attended and had a great time) And here are my thoughts/experiences:

I went and had a blast. Drank all day, weather stayed decent up until the later games.
Crowd was what I expected. Announcer was terrible lol.
Tournament pretty much ran on time and was well organized.
Lawrence should stick to running his team :lol: .
I would of liked to see the Under 23 team play the Fight's B side (they took the place of the no show Aussie team I think instead of taking a beating against Fight A and NZ police.

The fight had a ton of guys out, they were really able to rotate fresh legs in and out and played really tough. The Fight also had the ugliest uniforms . I am going to go a head and say they will be number 2 behind the Axemen this year in the USARL.(Wish JAX could of been there)

Overall a really fun event. I am kind of interested to see how the tournament made out financially, especially after Fighter listing all of the costs that went into this thing.

On an unrelated note, My preseason top 5 teams this year are 1 - NY Knights 2 - Jacksonville Axemen 3 - Aston Bulls 4 - Conn WildCats 5 Philly Fight

(I'll keep boston out of my top 5, as I would need to see their imports play before putting them ahead of anyone in the top 5.

Fatwing, what were your thoughts on the Jamaican team, skill level, attitude etc? How do you think they would go against american teams in a full 13s game? I am still shocked we lost to the Rebellion in that quarter Finals game, definitely want play them again and rued missing out on facing the Aussies or Kiwis.

We are hoping to see some American teams come down to Jamaica and test themselves, we will also work hard on bringing Jamaican outfits to the States to play. These exchanges are important to building the sport in the region, bring Canada and Trinidad in the mix..and things will get amazing in the future.

Last edited:

Fatwing15

Juniors
Fatwing, what were your thoughts on the Jamaican team, skill level, attitude etc? How do you think they would go against american teams in a full 13s game? I am still shocked we lost to the Rebellion in that quarter Finals game, definitely want play them again and rued missing out on facing the Aussies or Kiwis.

We are hoping to see some American teams come down to Jamaica and test themselves, we will also work hard on bringing Jamaican outfits to the States to play. These exchanges are important to building the sport in the region, bring Canada and Trinidad in the mix..and things will get amazing in the future.

You guys are right there with the American teams. Toss a couple seasoned Aussies on your squad and it's a whole different game. I was impressed by your physical play and size.

for some reason im not shocked you boys lost to the Rebellion :D:D

romeocbarsharks

Juniors
I would love to see a full on duhaney park red sharks vs bucks county sharks. Yea mon!

Contact me Sharkies (Romeo Monteith- hit me on facebook) so we can have a chat, the Philly Fight is planning a trip to Jamaica next year, maybe we could get the Bucks down at the same time for a couple of games or tournament. The Red Sharks/Jamaica will want to play in the USARL 9s next year as well as some 13s games against American teams. I am sure we can arrange a return game in Buck County if you guys come down.

Fighter

Juniors
Ryan are you making a comeback against the jamaicans? We may need to see if they have an old boys side.

Ha! Not a chance. I have gotten my last surgery to fix all my rugby woes. I like teaching my kid and don't want to mess that up. Watching from a beach chair and sipping rum will be fine with me.

Latest posts