What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL 9's

Fatwing15

Juniors
This tournament was a great idea. I was really excited that the Sharks had the opportunity to play some of our old rivals and have a chance to play some new teams like the RIR, especially after the good natured back and forth banter between me and the guys from the Fight and RIR. I especially thought this could lead the way in improving relations between the leagues.

I now see it is clear that the organizers of this tournament still have some sort of animosity towards the Sharks or the teams in the AMNRL and have no interest treating all teams equally. Just take a look at the bull shit re-organizing of the pool structure of this tournament. The political nature of the USARL , at least in regards to the Sharks, is a joke. The guy organizing this tournament for the Sharks really sold everyone on the chance to play teams like the RIR, The Slayers and the Fight, I personally am extremely disappointed in the fact we are now in a pool with out any of USARL teams.

I think that everyone on this board felt that it was an exciting prospect to have an AMNRL team join an USARL tournament and be scheduled to PLAY USARL teams

Now is it a just a coincidence that The Sharks, (the only team extending the olive branch and playing a tournament to support rugby league in America regardless of affiliation) are now the only American team in a Pool with out a fellow American team? I admittedly do not have very detailed info regarding the Sharks communications with whoever organized this, but it just smells fishy to me.

Now, I know a lot of guys on the team are PISSED about this restructuring and the fact that if we lose to a couple very tough touring sides, we may lose the chance to play the teams that we really signed up to play.

Unless I hear some really good reasoning behind the restructure from our guy that is representing the Sharks you guys wont be seeing my fat ass running up and down the side line and trying to track down kicks. The only reason I wanted to play in this was to play against either the RIR or the Fight.

I was told that the Sharks turned down an invite to join the USARL, when the Warriors and Oneida had to drop out (again 3rd hand info). I really hope us turning down an invite to join that league is not bringing on this BS.

Craigo

Juniors
This tournament was a great idea. I was really excited that the Sharks had the opportunity to play some of our old rivals and have a chance to play some new teams like the RIR, especially after the good natured back and forth banter between me and the guys from the Fight and RIR. I especially thought this could lead the way in improving relations between the leagues.

I now see it is clear that the organizers of this tournament still have some sort of animosity towards the Sharks or the teams in the AMNRL and have no interest treating all teams equally. Just take a look at the bull shit re-organizing of the pool structure of this tournament. The political nature of the USARL , at least in regards to the Sharks, is a joke. The guy organizing this tournament for the Sharks really sold everyone on the chance to play teams like the RIR, The Slayers and the Fight, I personally am extremely disappointed in the fact we are now in a pool with out any of USARL teams.

I think that everyone on this board felt that it was an exciting prospect to have an AMNRL team join an USARL tournament and be scheduled to PLAY USARL teams

Now is it a just a coincidence that The Sharks, (the only team extending the olive branch and playing a tournament to support rugby league in America regardless of affiliation) are now the only American team in a Pool with out a fellow American team? I admittedly do not have very detailed info regarding the Sharks communications with whoever organized this, but it just smells fishy to me.

Now, I know a lot of guys on the team are PISSED about this restructuring and the fact that if we lose to a couple very tough touring sides, we may lose the chance to play the teams that we really signed up to play.

Unless I hear some really good reasoning behind the restructure from our guy that is representing the Sharks you guys wont be seeing my fat ass running up and down the side line and trying to track down kicks. The only reason I wanted to play in this was to play against either the RIR or the Fight.

I was told that the Sharks turned down an invite to join the USARL, when the Warriors and Oneida had to drop out (again 3rd hand info). I really hope us turning down an invite to join that league is not bringing on this BS.

Craigo

Juniors
Mate I can't recall the original draw and dont know much about the standard of the Duhaney Park Red Sharks, but I would think you guys would be in it for sure against those fellas. If they had put you against the 2 Aussie sides or an Aussie plus NZ Police side I would say fair call.
Maybe ask if you can swap with the RIR or Slayers, see what response you get.... feel sorry for the U/23 rep side because that WILL be a baptism of fire!!

Good luck BTW...

Fatwing15

Juniors
Mate I can't recall the original draw and dont know much about the standard of the Duhaney Park Red Sharks, but I would think you guys would be in it for sure against those fellas. If they had put you against the 2 Aussie sides or an Aussie plus NZ Police side I would say fair call.
Maybe ask if you can swap with the RIR or Slayers, see what response you get.... feel sorry for the U/23 rep side because that WILL be a baptism of fire!!

Good luck BTW...

Eh sorry it came off as whining about the competition, U23 def have the toughest draw assuming the Fight have all of their imports. i meant to come off as whining about the structure and organizers.

Our guys were really just looking forward to playing American teams, and apparently we told we would be doing so before the draws even came out.

I really wanted to play American teams like Philly and RIR because we haven't had a chance to for years

Lone Ranger

Juniors

Wow, they sound like real tears. I sure hope you don't come last and miss the chance to play other teams. It does sound like the organizers have gone out their way so you guys can fix everything simply by playing a USARL side.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I don't know how or why the draw was made, but if they are having to rig the draw to stop people from getting upset and taking their ball home then that's pretty pathetic. Like I said in another thread, it's a 9's tournament FFS, the fact that you are claiming some sort of conspiracy because you don't like the group you were drawn in is just embarrassing for yourself more than anything.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
If it was a USARL team saying this, Evil Homer would of started a commission to investigate by now :D

TBP - you're dead on, LMAO! Unfortunately it would require the AMNRL be open to the idea of playing USARL teams.

Regarding the draw, it seems the Sharks would need to win at least one game to advance higher on the ladder and secure a chance of playing USARL teams. My guess is Sharks will play the Fight in the quarter finals.

Evil Homer

Staff member
If it was a USARL team saying this, Evil Homer would of started a commission to investigate by now :D
Really? I think the likelihood is that anyone with attitude that they will refuse to participate because they don't like the teams they've been drawn against would probably receive the same criticism from all parties. Of course, it suits your agenda to try and paint me as some sort of biased or partisan individual because you're embarrassed about the injustice that has been pointed out by myself and others in the past, the reality is that all I've ever done is look at things objectively and you know it.

If you want to claim some great injustice in a team being draw in a certain pool for a 9's tournament and in the same breath try and brush over a blatant blackmail attempt by the AMNRL (that thankfully appears to have now ended), then go ahead. Just don't expect anyone to take you or any of your posts or opinions seriously, on any issue.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Wow, the conspiracy theorists are out in large numbers on this one. Hey guys, it's a 9's tournament. The draw is the draw.

We have to drive almost three hours for this and we have the first match; not complaining. We'll play anybody anywhere, anytime.

As for winning/losing, if you're pissed, that should be good motivation to get out of pool play. I for one want to see the Sharks do well. I've really missed playing those guys the past few seasons and look forward to meeting them in the playoffs.

deluded pom?

Coach
Tomahawks selection.

It appears USARL players will be picked. Or should i say, current tomahawks will be allowed to play for USARL clubs. I doubt anyone new will be included in any squads.

Thanks dwi. I thought he was alluding to something that had been used in the alleged unification talks.

Wow, the conspiracy theorists are out in large numbers on this one. Hey guys, it's a 9's tournament. The draw is the draw.

We have to drive almost three hours for this and we have the first match; not complaining. We'll play anybody anywhere, anytime.

As for winning/losing, if you're pissed, that should be good motivation to get out of pool play. I for one want to see the Sharks do well. I've really missed playing those guys the past few seasons and look forward to meeting them in the playoffs.

We are driving 4.5 hrs some of the U23 Kids are driving from northern New Hampshire and Maine areas so thats like 6 hours.....

Latest posts