What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL & AMNRL have REUNIFIED!!!

deal.with.it

Juniors
The board are all tathams people, but the rest of the staff are the same as the amnrl had before.
Phil shipos is with the sharks.

Fighter

Juniors
Obviously delusional self promotion from a bloke who has led both AMNRL and USARL up the proverbial garden path.
Best thing union can do is boot him out and best thing league can is ignore him and he will go away.

What path did he lead us down? We didn't make any deals with him.

IowaRL

Juniors
I got no idea who most of them are, and am getting to the point Im not sure I want my teams logo on that website

deal.with.it

Juniors
Rob Irwin was always refs boss. Damien Flint and Steven Johnson got on board during the WC qualifier process. It was well documented on the amnrl website.
Johnson is the CEO of the Ipswich Jets and he got a few USA players a gig with the Jets, mostly playing in the local Ipswich comp but also a few games with the FOGS team.
Damien Flint is an aussie who is in the college sport system in the USA, New York i think.
Both were part of the USA qualfying process and I know that at least Johnson will be in the management for the WC.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Rob Irwin was always refs boss. Damien Flint and Steven Johnson got on board during the WC qualifier process. It was well documented on the amnrl website.
Johnson is the CEO of the Ipswich Jets and he got a few USA players a gig with the Jets, mostly playing in the local Ipswich comp but also a few games with the FOGS team.
Damien Flint is an aussie who is in the college sport system in the USA, New York i think.
Both were part of the USA qualfying process and I know that at least Johnson will be in the management for the WC.

All of those guys have been in their respective positions for a while now but I know a few, Adam Nable is the brother of Matt Nable the actor, used to play for Tigers and Manly but not sure if he's in the states or not.

Lee Addison coaches here at Ipswich High near Brisbane, he's from Manchester area, only spoke to him a couple of months ago not realising he was Coaching Director for the US.

I just question how proficient they could be at their roles while residing here or are they just pseudo roles, if I see Lee again soon I will ask him.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Its like having dane campbell on the board for vanuatu or jamaica.
They get over there to help out when they can out of their own pocket. They provide advice, provide supplies, contacts and sometimes gigs in australia

deal.with.it

Juniors
He's just deleted David Niu's name and put his in, leaving the below title.
He's kept everything from the old website.

Well done David Niu and co.

On a side note, it seems that the AMNRL logo was part of the 'assets' sold to Tatham.
The AMNRL has reverted to its old logo on its website and twitter page.
Yet the World Cup website, merchandise etc. still uses the newer logo.
Could this result in a legal fight?
Is anyone from the AMNRL able to answer this?

druzik

Juniors
He's just deleted David Niu's name and put his in, leaving the below title.
He's kept everything from the old website.

Well done David Niu and co.

On a side note, it seems that the AMNRL logo was part of the 'assets' sold to Tatham.
The AMNRL has reverted to its old logo on its website and twitter page.
Yet the World Cup website, merchandise etc. still uses the newer logo.
Could this result in a legal fight?
Is anyone from the AMNRL able to answer this?

That is an interesting point... this could end up being a problem between the RLIF and RFU/USARugby no?

deal.with.it

Juniors
Yes, but that logo would have been supplied back in 2011.
Since then, David Niu has gone and Tatham has apparently purchased the name, website, logo.
I suppose worst case scenario is the logo to be used will be stuck on over the top, which is very easy to do, particularly with the current jersey having the sublimated or screen printed logo.

Fingers crossed they haven't started to mass produce merchandise yet...