What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL Championship Final - Prediction?

Footyhead2

Juniors
My prediction is Axemen 36, Fight 24.

Half-time: Axemen 14, Fight 12.

What's your prediction?

See you in the crowd on Saturday! Should be great weather and a great afternoon of football.

MattyCLark

Juniors
My prediction is Axemen 36, Fight 24.

Half-time: Axemen 14, Fight 12.

What's your prediction?

See you in the crowd on Saturday! Should be great weather and a great afternoon of football.

That's a fare guess. If you think that Shorto makes all his kicks. He does have a dodgy kicking knee ya know. But I'm gonna say

Fight 28
Axemen 22

GO FIGHT

druzik

Juniors
Can I call that it will go into extra time?

22-22 at the end of the 80 with Fight wining it with golden point.

Should be a cracker game, Am heading down for it. Both games will make it into an excellent day of Rugby League.

Its tough going against the fight at home. Having faced both teams twice I think its too close to call. At the end of the day its going to come down to penalties.

Fatwing15

Juniors
Its tough going against the fight at home. Having faced both teams twice I think its too close to call. At the end of the day its going to come down to penalties.

I'm going 44-38 Axemen. MattyClarke, you've played with and practiced with both teams, what would you say are the key match ups? If there is no roster limit or a large one like 22 man roster, then I think the fight have an edge. Will we be seeing Apple, Dawn and Britt suit up? Do the fight have a domestic hooker, center and fullback to match with them?

Can anyone post the line ups for each team?

I'm really looking forward to this game!

Fighter

Juniors
I'm going 44-38 Axemen. MattyClarke, you've played with and practiced with both teams, what would you say are the key match ups? If there is no roster limit or a large one like 22 man roster, then I think the fight have an edge. Will we be seeing Apple, Dawn and Britt suit up? Do the fight have a domestic hooker, center and fullback to match with them?

Can anyone post the line ups for each team?

I'm really looking forward to this game!

19 man rosters
Apple and Akirika are playing, Kenny Britt got a new job and can't make it. Fight have domestic hooker and 5/8, Australian halfback, prop and center and fullback (1 is green card)
Rosters will be out tomorrow night

79 Degrees, no rain and sunny. Best forecast I have ever seen for a Fight game because we have no luck with the weather! GO FIGHT!!!

Last edited:

Fatwing15

Juniors
19 man rosters
Apple and Akirika are playing, Kenny Britt got a new job and can't make it. Fight have domestic hooker and 5/8, Australian halfback, prop and center and fullback (1 is green card)
Rosters will be out tomorrow night

79 Degrees, no rain and sunny. Best forecast I have ever seen for a Fight game because we have no luck with the weather! GO FIGHT!!!

Rule is 3 imports, unlimited green card holders? (There are a handful of islanders floating around both leagues that I assume are green card holders.)

I think having an experienced import prop, half back and full back is the best combo, but an import 9 goes a long way as well. Fighter, who is your American hooker?

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Axemen Roster

1. Jay Mombu - fullback - PNG
2. Matt Thornton - Winger - USA
14. Taylor Alley - Center - USA
4. Akarika Dawn - Center - USA
5. Nick Shea - Winger - USA
6. Brent Shorten - Five Eight (Exempt Import due to 6 years in the league)
7. Rich Alleger - Halfback - USA
13. Brenden Beedle - Prop - USA
9. Apple Pope - Hooker - USA
10. Bart Longchamp - Prop - USA
19. Jay Defau - 2nd Row - USA
12. Josh c**k - 2nd Row - Australia
17. Gaz Walker - Lock - UK

3. Mao Lamoli - Utility - American Samoa
8. Craig Howitt - Prop - Green Card - lived in the states since the age of 8
11. Jaime Uyttewaal - Prop - USA
15. Taylor Youngling - 2nd Row - USA
16. Kevin Wathen - Utility - USA
18. Stephen Hill - Prop - USA

MattyCLark

Juniors
Both of the teams have a lot going for them. As well as a lot against them. Casey and I have played for both teams and have our opinions of this game that aren't appropriate for public forums. I truely think and want the Fight will win. But it's not gonna be an eazy match up.

Jacksonville training sessions are intense. And very skilled. Their fitness is outstanding. Most of the players are physical trainers, ex football players and surfers. Shorto brings a level of skill that everyone on the team trusts. And the imports that they select are always top shelf. Their local player pool is huge. With 4 feeder teams to choose from. But they are traveling Saturday morning. After training Friday night. And they have a chink in their armor. Every team does. Just have to find it.

Philly is at home. Know the field and get to sleep in their own beds, wake fresh or sleep in. I'm traveling today so that I don't have to worry about those type of issues.
The Fight is like a family. And unlike the feeling I had in Jacksonville where your a product. I'm treated as a needed key to the team. They have welcomed Casey and my family into the orginization with open arms. They make you want to "FIGHT" for eachother. Like brothers in the school yard. Everyone kept worrying about Casey and Wiggins getting selected. They got asked. But they chose us. Cause we are a loyal team. And we will put our body and career on the line for the brother playing next to us. When Joel weeks or Casey Clark score try's. I jokingly tell them. That's my try. And they know. We work for the team.

My true prediction. The team that doesn't let the ref affect their game and completes there sets. Will win.

I just pray I'm on the winning team.

Fighter

Juniors
Rule is 3 imports, unlimited green card holders? (There are a handful of islanders floating around both leagues that I assume are green card holders.)

I think having an experienced import prop, half back and full back is the best combo, but an import 9 goes a long way as well. Fighter, who is your American hooker?

Hooker is Cesare Coscia, Rich Henson 5/8 is captain both US. We have 3 imports, and 1 green card. Allowed 3 of each.

Fighter

Juniors
Axemen Roster

1. Jay Mombu - fullback - PNG
2. Matt Thornton - Winger - USA
14. Taylor Alley - Center - USA
4. Akarika Dawn - Center - USA
5. Nick Shea - Winger - USA
6. Brent Shorten - Five Eight (Exempt Import due to 6 years in the league)
7. Rich Alleger - Halfback - USA
13. Brenden Beedle - Prop - USA
9. Apple Pope - Hooker - USA
10. Bart Longchamp - Prop - USA
19. Jay Defau - 2nd Row - USA
12. Josh c**k - 2nd Row - Australia
17. Gaz Walker - Lock - UK

3. Mao Lamoli - Utility - American Samoa
8. Craig Howitt - Prop - Green Card - lived in the states since the age of 8
11. Jaime Uyttewaal - Prop - USA
15. Taylor Youngling - 2nd Row - USA
16. Kevin Wathen - Utility - USA
18. Stephen Hill - Prop - USA

Fight Roster:

1. Patrick Quirk
  2. Jared Frymoyer
  3. Ben Russell -import
  4. Joel Beasley -green card
  5. Mike Timpano
  6. Rich Henson
  7. Joel Weeks - import
  8. James Colman
  9. Cesare Coscia
  10. Matt Webster -import
  11. Larry Madden
  12. Casey Clark
  13. Kevin Wiggins
  14. Matt Clark
  15. John Lyons
  16. Ian Ferguson
  17. Andrew Tully
  18. Thomas Madden
  19. Matt Scherr

Last edited:

Fatwing15

Juniors
Both of the teams have a lot going for them. As well as a lot against them. Casey and I have played for both teams and have our opinions of this game that aren't appropriate for public forums. I truely think and want the Fight will win. But it's not gonna be an eazy match up.

Jacksonville training sessions are intense. And very skilled. Their fitness is outstanding. Most of the players are physical trainers, ex football players and surfers. Shorto brings a level of skill that everyone on the team trusts. And the imports that they select are always top shelf. Their local player pool is huge. With 4 feeder teams to choose from. But they are traveling Saturday morning. After training Friday night. And they have a chink in their armor. Every team does. Just have to find it.

Philly is at home. Know the field and get to sleep in their own beds, wake fresh or sleep in. I'm traveling today so that I don't have to worry about those type of issues.
The Fight is like a family. And unlike the feeling I had in Jacksonville where your a product. I'm treated as a needed key to the team. They have welcomed Casey and my family into the orginization with open arms. They make you want to "FIGHT" for eachother. Like brothers in the school yard. Everyone kept worrying about Casey and Wiggins getting selected. They got asked. But they chose us. Cause we are a loyal team. And we will put our body and career on the line for the brother playing next to us. When Joel weeks or Casey Clark score try's. I jokingly tell them. That's my try. And they know. We work for the team.

My true prediction. The team that doesn't let the ref affect their game and completes there sets. Will win.

I just pray I'm on the winning team.

Great breakdown. I wonder if that family type of feeling is a Philly trait... I definitely get the same vibe on the Sharks and even sense it when partying with the Bulls. Every team has comradary, don't get me wrong. But it just seems different with some teams.

Poul

Juniors
Rugby league will be the winner!

^
+

It's hard for me to predict who'll win, not having seen the teams play (will there be live streaming of the match?), but from all reports, the best two teams are there.

Jacksonville seem to have the momentum, but maybe the home ground advantage for Philly shouldn't be underestimated.

I would have loved to have come over for the game, but I've just booked my trip for the World Cup, so I'll have to leave it for another year, maybe when it is being hosted in Jacksonville.

I just hope it's a great game which showcases the skills of the most talented players in the USARL.

And let's hope that the game is not decided by the referee :whistle

druzik

Juniors
Apparently the game will have a live stream on http://www.jaxaxe.com/jaxaxe-tv/ . I am being told that about 50 fans are flying up from Florida fro the game... Ohhh this will be a fantastic atmosphere! I can't wait for tomorrow! Challenge Cup on TV and then two live games of RL... a Grand Final and an International... Hell Yeah what a weekend!!