What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL Season V Announced

morningstar

Juniors
http://www.usarl.com/2015/01/usa-rugby-league-season-v-announced-with-14-teams/ History was in the making when the USARL board unanimously approved bids put forth by 4 new teams that will see NY Knights, Connecticut Wildcats, Bucks County Sharks and newcomers join the USA Rugby League in 2015.

The first unified rugby league season in the United States, under the auspices of the USARL, will have fourteen teams, split into three divisions over two conferences, North and South.

The competition, which sees three clubs from the former AMNRL included, will see sides participate from Boston in the north to Daytona in the south.

USA Rugby League chairman Peter Illfield, commenting on the new competition format, noted; “Today is a significant one for rugby league in America. “On the heels of becoming a member of the Rugby League International Federation, this season will see a record number of new clubs take the field exposing even more players and fans to the game.” Four sides – NY Knights, Connecticut Wildcats, Bucks County Sharks and Wilmington Black Foxes – have joined from the former AMNRL competition and the winners of the respective conferences, after the respective champions in the Northern divisions have played-off, will meet in the Grand Final for the National Championship.

Illfield confirmed, “The USARL board voted in 10 clubs from our 2014 season, with all agreeing to improve standards by recruiting participants for match officials and coach education training, youth development and multi-level grades of participation.

“The Baltimore Blues were unsuccessful with their bid and their survival depends on the viability of a proposed second-grade competition in the mid-Atlantic region.”

North – Division A – North-east:

Boston 13s
Brooklyn Kings
Connecticut Wildcats
New York Knights
Rhode Island Rebellion
North – Division B – Mid-atlantic:

Bucks County Sharks
DC Slayers
Northern Virginia Eagles
Philadelphia Fight
Delaware Black Foxes
South

Jacksonville Axemen
Central Florida Warriors
Atlanta Rhinos
Tampa Mayhem One match-up expected to draw plenty of attention is the battle of New York City, with Brooklyn Kings taking on the New York Knights in what many expect to be the two teams to watch in the North-East division.

In the Mid-Atlantic division, last year’s USARL champions, Philadelphia Fight, will face even stronger opposition in their quest to win three (3) titles in a row with the addition of Bucks County and Wilmington Black Foxes.

The Black Foxes have already signed former Fight star Kevin Wiggins to their roster

joshie

Live Update Team
Awesome news. Keen to see how it goes and hopefully the games are closer, if not, teams are working toward that in a few seasons time.

Good luck guys! In 15 years I hope to be watching these matches from Australia :)

What is the go with the USA national side? Is it Tomahawks or ?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Great to see the Knights, Wildcats and Sharks in there. A shame about the Blues and hopefully something can be sorted for them. What happened to the Southampton Dragons, and Charlotte team that was rumored to be joining?

winnyason

Juniors
Great news and strengthens eastern usa.
it would be great to get some scope on Development in areas such as
Texas, the mid west, Utah future, Hawaii, West coast. I hope Baltimore stays on board not drop off like Pittsburgh.
maybe spinner can shed light on develop areas.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Great to see the former AMNRL teams come in! Onwards and upwards from here for the game in the US!

The Baltimore Blues were unsuccessful with their bid and their survival depends on the viability of a proposed second-grade competition in the mid-Atlantic region.”
Can anyone shed some light on this proposed second-grade comp, who will be participating, will there be reserve grade sides from the premier comp? I think eventually they will have to go this way and create a strong and competitive premier grade comp.

joshreading

Staff member
The New York Raiders say they are still keen on RL (& 7s) so they could be another team for a second teir. Even if the second teir was played as 9's that would be a great win.

Hellray

Juniors
I also would love to hear what was the fate of South Hampton and the Charlotte team, did they both apply and not make the cut thereby will they play a second tier comp. did they just fold up?

I have noticed the FB page for the Lions has vanished did they hit a roadblock and decide not to continue.

It would be much appreciated if anyone inside has any info.

But am very excited for this season, Welcome to the 4 teams that did make it, bring it on boys

Chicago Saints

Juniors
Great news and strengthens eastern usa.
it would be great to get some scope on Development in areas such as
Texas, the mid west, Utah future, Hawaii, West coast. I hope Baltimore stays on board not drop off like Pittsburgh.
maybe spinner can shed light on develop areas.

We plan on repeating our local Chicago spring comp again and will have more details released soon.

T to the T

Juniors
The New York Raiders say they are still keen on RL (& 7s) so they could be another team for a second teir. Even if the second teir was played as 9's that would be a great win.

That's good to hear, I am just wondering the fate of the Aston Bulls? Be good if Raiders, Bulls and the Blues are able to sort themselves out for the sake of US RL:)

deluded pom?

Coach
That's good to hear, I am just wondering the fate of the Aston Bulls? Be good if Raiders, Bulls and the Blues are able to sort themselves out for the sake of US RL:)

I'd be very surprised if Aston join the USARL as Aston Bulls seeing as they were David Niu's team. Some of their players may end up elsewhere though.

T to the T

Juniors
I'd be very surprised if Aston join the USARL as Aston Bulls seeing as they were David Niu's team. Some of their players may end up elsewhere though.

You learn something new every day, cheers. Be a shame to lose players/teams to the sport where it's just showing the green shoots of growth nevertheless

photomarv

Juniors

Pom, exactly. Some have been and are playing with Philly, and wouldn't be surprised if some show up with the new team out of Wilmington Delaware, (really not that far from the Aston area).

deal.with.it

Juniors
I would say most bulls players will join philly and delaware, as Andrew Kneisley & co did last season with the fight.
Strange that Wiggins has joined Delaware. It must be closer to home?

Choo Choo

Juniors
I would say most bulls players will join philly and delaware, as Andrew Kneisley & co did last season with the fight.
Strange that Wiggins has joined Delaware. It must be closer to home?

Yes, Wilmington is closer to home for Wiggins. He and I talked a lot after the Pioneers match. Seems like the Black Foxes have good funding and support in their area. Looking forward to seeing them in action.