What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Useless Useless Useless

Banjo2014

Juniors
NO NO NO NO NO - WE HAVE GREAT NEWS AS PER NRL.COM

Dragons (11th, 12 points)
Best/worst case: 8th to 14th

Realistically they had to beat the Cowboys to keep their season alive but mathematically that extra-time loss wasn't quite the final nail in their 2020 coffin – they just need to win all three and have the Sharks lose all three (while neither the Tigers nor Warriors win more than two) to sneak into eighth.

possm

Coach
Massive clean out of players 2 new props with mongrel. Norman has to go give sailor the 6 next year.
For the rest of the season, I'd like to see:
Ramsey at Fullback
The Feagai brother at left centre and left wing
Dufty at five-eighth
Blacker on the bench

Soo Aitken and Frizell are already singed elsewhere for 2021. We need a quality backrow forward to replace Frizell and a couple of quality props to bolster our prop rotation.

grouch

First Grade
Since McGregor was dumped I've started tipping the Dragons more regularly again, and they just cost me a perfect round and the outright lead in my work tipping comp. Bastards

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
For the rest of the season, I'd like to see:
Ramsey at Fullback
The Feagai brother at left centre and left wing
Dufty at five-eighth
Blacker on the bench

Soo Aitken and Frizell are already singed elsewhere for 2021. We need a quality backrow forward to replace Frizell and a couple of quality props to bolster our prop rotation.

Apart from us, many clubs are having difficulty settling on a full-back (eg Sharks, Bulldogs, Souths, Wests) as this position is emerging as the most demanding position on the field- with the possible exception of the halves. The modern full-back needs speed, endurance, courage, strength, sureness under the high ball, bilateral passing skills, great defensive technique, strong anticipation and positional sense and an ability to communicate with and move the attacking and defensive lines into position. Dufty, as of now, fails more than half of those criteria and his recent performances against the Titans and Cowboys were abysmal. Moreover, there don't appear to be any quality full-backs on the market at present.

The Johns brothers seem to be plying their wares to emerging halves like Mitchell Moses so I would chase the best (retired) full-back of the current era- Billy Slater- and throw the cheque book at him to work with our next generation of full-back hopefuls- ie Ramsey, Schiller and perhaps even one of the Feagai twins. Otherwise, this could be a problem position for us for years to come.

Dragon David

First Grade
Apart from us, many clubs are having difficulty settling on a full-back (eg Sharks, Bulldogs, Souths, Wests) as this position is emerging as the most demanding position on the field- with the possible exception of the halves. The modern full-back needs speed, endurance, courage, strength, sureness under the high ball, bilateral passing skills, great defensive technique, strong anticipation and positional sense and an ability to communicate with and move the attacking and defensive lines into position. Dufty, as of now, fails more than half of those criteria and his recent performances against the Titans and Cowboys were abysmal. Moreover, there don't appear to be any quality full-backs on the market at present.

The Johns brothers seem to be plying their wares to emerging halves like Mitchell Moses so I would chase the best (retired) full-back of the current era- Billy Slater- and throw the cheque book at him to work with our next generation of full-back hopefuls- ie Ramsey, Schiller and perhaps even one of the Feagai twins. Otherwise, this could be a problem position for us for years to come.
I don't think that Dufty is on any significant pay. You are right with your description of the modern full-back and the ones that have these skills are paid handsomely.

I agree that Dufty lacks a lot of the skills and whether guys like Ramsey and Schiller etc. have those skills is yet to be determined. If Ramsey/Schiller are robust enough and "fearless" then they could be our answer starting next year and Griffin will be able to decide on the best option.

dino1

Juniors
we will see if her young will stick to the same or try a different squad. If he sticks to the same he shouldn't coach again.

Mjab

Juniors
NO NO NO NO NO - WE HAVE GREAT NEWS AS PER NRL.COM

Dragons (11th, 12 points)
Best/worst case: 8th to 14th

Realistically they had to beat the Cowboys to keep their season alive but mathematically that extra-time loss wasn't quite the final nail in their 2020 coffin – they just need to win all three and have the Sharks lose all three (while neither the Tigers nor Warriors win more than two) to sneak into eighth.
Good , so there is hope after all

I dont think so

Time to experiment for next year now we have a new coach

F off Deano and have Hook take over now

Mjab

Juniors

Or even someone like Mick Potter if Slater is not available