What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Manly

Meth

Staff member
Don't really rate us a chance. I think it's fair to say that just about every game from here is a must win, and every loss is a nail in the coffin.

1- Locke
2- Tupou (sigh)
3- Mannering (it will be Henry though...sigh)
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Friend
10- Lillyman
11- Mateo (play more minutes)
12- Brown (will be Mannering)
13- Taylor (play less minutes)

Res- Packer, Lousi, Lousi, Ta'ai (will be Brown)

hitman82

Bench
1 Locke
2 Tupou
3 Henry (he can try and help Tupou defend...)
4 Hurrell (stack our two monsters together and see what they can do. At least Hurrell can pass and kick - we may get some tries out of Manu with Hurrell supplying the ball)
5 Vatuvei (I'm still keen on the centre experiment but not with our season borderline over)
6 Maloney (f**k I'd love another realistic halves option)
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Martel (play him for AT LEAST 60 minutes)
13 Taylor

14 Package
15 Sione Lousi (front row)
16 Sam Lousi (looked comfortable in the big time)
17 Ukuma Ta'ai (Brown's leaving too - at least Ukuma will bring some aggression)

*I'm assuming Mannering and Manu will be healthy... and Luck, Rapira 1, Rapira 2, Fish, and Ropati are unavailable.

Meth

Staff member
Mannering and Manu are fit. Steve Rapira the only one unavailable.

hitman82

Bench
Mannering and Manu are fit. Steve Rapira the only one unavailable.

Yeah that's what they said on 40/20 - hopefully it proves to be correct. We lose SFA with Rapira out, but we desperately need Manu and Mannering. I was pretty concerned by the way Simon hobbled off, but he's a pretty hardy guy and I am sure he'll pull through.

Brando

Juniors
I am as diehard Warriors as all you blokes here and I have been let down before (lost count since 1995 TBH) but that loss from 18 nil up has gutted me, so I am not ready to think about Manly yet. I hope I will be ready by the weekend but I just don't know? Gutted!!!

Izz

Bench
I want Packer and Matulino to start, but i also want them both to play 60 minutes. If BluesClues was willing to give them more time on the field, then i think he could manage having them both start and having at least one of them on the field at all times. TBH, i wouldn't mind seeing Sam Lousi get another game at Sione Lousi's expense (or at Brown's expense).

If Brown plays, i'd like to see him on the field at the same time as Mateo. We could make a lot of yards with Mateo at first receiver and Brown running off his shoulder. A lot more than Taylor running off Mateo's shoulder.

And i've said it before, but i'm a-gonna whinge about it again: why the hell isn't Matulino finishing games for us? Possibly best prop in the NRL this season, warming the bench when we're down by 5 with 10 to go. :crazy:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
1. Locke
2. Tupou (handcuffed to a trainer who runs along the sideline to keep him on his wing)
3. Hurrell
4. Mannering (I hate having to move him and play a second rower at centre, but Lyon will kill Henry/Brown)
5. Manu (if we had just one capable winger I'd be tempted to play him at centre again.)
6. Maloney
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11. Mateo
12. Brown (haven't been impressed, but we're running low on experienced options)
13. Taylor

14. Packer
15. Louisi
16. Louisi II (Mateo plays 60 minutes, Louisi comes on when Mateo is off. Only 20 mins for him unless he really plays well.)
17. No frickin idea. Henry doesn't fit the bench, no impact, and as much as I want to say Ikahihifo the last thing we need is to get even more inexperienced.

JoeD

First Grade
I'm not confident about Mannering. The fact Bluey was so cagey on the radio this morning about his injury makes me think iis worse than what has been described.

hitman82

Bench
^ 17. Ta'ai!

...and I don't know about Lyon killing Henry, tbh. Henry's one strong point is his defense - he has shut down pretty much every freak he's come up against.

hitman82

Bench
I'm not confident about Mannering. The fact Bluey was so cagey on the radio this morning about his injury makes me think iis worse than what has been described.

Yeah same here. To me it looked like Mannering knew straight away he'd picked up a serious injury. Not to mention the fact he had to be helped from the field...

vvvrulz

Coach
I personally think Mateo should be back on the bench and come on for the last 20 in the first half as an impact player, and then play the entire 2nd half. Its a hell of a lot better than pulling him off after 20 and have our attack fall to pieces. Matulino should play the entire first half and have a sit down for the first 15 mins of the second.

Give Lillyman a start with Package off the bench, happy to give the Lousi brothers another go. If Brown keeps this up he should find himself at the Vulcans soon.

hitman82

Bench
I personally think Mateo should be back on the bench and come on for the last 20 in the first half as an impact player, and then play the entire 2nd half. Its a hell of a lot better than pulling him off after 20 and have our attack fall to pieces. Matulino should play the entire first half and have a sit down for the first 15 mins of the second.

Give Lillyman a start with Package off the bench, happy to give the Lousi brothers another go. If Brown keeps this up he should find himself at the Vulcans soon.

Yeah I agree with this. Matulino should be good for 60+ minutes per game if used wisely.

JoeD

First Grade
If Brown keeps this up he should find himself at the Vulcans soon.
Not sure what instructions Louie is getting. Looks like he's coming on to replace Mateo and seems to get into first receiver a lot more than he should (ie taking on Mateo's role) which is clearly not his game.

woodyk2

First Grade
Hey guys...always love the Manly vs Warriors games. I think what will even it up for this game is the fact that both teams halves and five eighths seem to have gone missing and seem clueless at times.

Izz

Bench
Hey guys...always love the Manly vs Warriors games. I think what will even it up for this game is the fact that both teams halves and five eighths seem to have gone missing and seem clueless at times.
Hope it's a good contest, mate, but i think Lyon and Matai are going to tear us a new one.

Warmess

Juniors
Shit's gonna be ugly. Manly are one of the best sides at spreading the ball and getting line breaks down the flanks and hands down we're the worst side at defending that stuff.

Manly 13+.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FFS put Mateo back at lock, let him use both sides.......FFS.....

Agreed on Mannering too centre also, out wide you are being killed, need to stiffen the edge, usually hate Simon there, but it is required.

Latest posts