What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Manly

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So who would be captain if Mannering is out? Taylor is talked about as a future leader but is too inexperienced at the moment. Maloney would probably be an option if he wasn't leaving, as would Manu if he wasn't a winger. Packer seems like a leader, but it's rare to see props as captain. Mateo? Friend?

Really highlights the lack of experience we have at the moment.

Taylor is flat-out making the side at the moment, for mine. He's had a very, very average 2012. It'd be Friend for mine, commands respect.

Like vvv's suggestions. It'd be a very interesting exercise to look at the sort of minutes the likes of Ben, Feleti, Russell are punching out each week. Bluey reckons there is no formula but I'd guess at otherwise.

hitman82

Bench
Mateo's minutes in the last five matches:

59, 58, 60, 59, 62.

Hmmmm.

That surprises me. And that's the right amount of minutes for Mateo to play. Obviously the issue is around WHEN he is pulled, and more importantly, who ELSE is pulled at the same time. And perhaps he isn't getting as involved as he should be, for his entire spell? Is he sharing the role with another second rower at times?

Izz

Bench
That surprises me. And that's the right amount of minutes for Mateo to play. Obviously the issue is around WHEN he is pulled, and more importantly, who ELSE is pulled at the same time. And perhaps he isn't getting as involved as he should be, for his entire spell? Is he sharing the role with another second rower at times?
He's been plenty involved. He's just getting pulled when he's dominating, at the same time as our premier props, and then getting dropped back into the game when we're struggling behind props and wingers who are getting dominated.

Against the odds, they'll win this weekend and thus get my hopes up again and fill me with false optimism and get this forum and the herald buzzing with grand final aspirations only to get pantsed again the following week after leading 30 nil at halftime. Yeah, over it!

:lol:

jamaman

Juniors
now ask yourself, with so many let downs this season, do you really want us to win, only to get our hopes up and have us lose the following week against the sharks?

I just hope its a hard fast track and we play some exciting football...

I ask myself ..will it rain today? and yeah!.. the Warriors will win the Grand Final