What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Roosters at Bluetongue *flegg and fg spoilers*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm at the ground so i'll keep you updated at least til fg kickoff. It's just at the start of the second half in flegg and it's your boys 6-4.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I didn't read the first post and very nearly sh*t myself. Thought I'd somehow misread kick off time :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Newcastle lost flegg 20 to 16. Scored one of the tries of the season on fulltime but it was too little too late.

Misanthrope

Staff member
In case you're blind, we're up 10-6 at halftime after Patterson got on the board late. It's almost as if a different team is out there - the defence is committed and Buderus adds so much to the attack. Walsh has been good, Young's done some good defence, and Buderus has been our best by a country mile so far.

Luke MacDougall's looking good too, Mad Dog's wing hasn't been as leaky as before.

Timmah

Staff member
Newcastle won premier league earlier today, defeating The jets 26-20 at henson park. It's halftime in first grade and the boys lead by 10-6.

RABK

Referee
Good win especially after been raped by that f**king ref de la haras or whatever his name is!

Walsh showed glimpses of a real champion in the making. Simpson, Buderus and Patterson brilliant. Hinton was good too.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd almost rate that as our best performance of the year. Some errors, but fairly controlled, and everybody stood up to be counted for. :( @ Woolnough leaving. He was tremendous.

Alex28

Coach
Great win by the boys. Luke Walsh had a pretty fair game - stood up to the defence, very composed, size didn't seem to worry him. Am busting to see Walsh and Mullen play the top grade together.

The forwards did their job - Patterson is just class isn't he? Buderus was outstanding.

Luke Macdougall went pretty well I thought. Plenty of involvement.

Oh...and Clint Newton - we don't f***ing need you mate!

Ranger Jace

Juniors
Great win by the boys.

Walsh was very composed even after he made a few crucial errors, shows his maturity level.

Paterson just keeps getting better and better.

Forwards stood up when they had to.

And I'm also liking the look of having the Macdougals together. Adam + Luke = Bash Brothers =)

Red and Blue Knight said:
Good win especially after been raped by that f**king ref de la haras or whatever his name is!

He has NEVER liked us RABK............From the day last year when he came on to replace Paul Simpkins up here at EAS if you remember

Yosh

Coach
Ranger Jace said:
Great win by the boys.

Walsh was very composed even after he made a few crucial errors, shows his maturity level.

Paterson just keeps getting better and better.

Forwards stood up when they had to.

And I'm also liking the look of having the Macdougals together. Adam + Luke = Bash Brothers =)

Hmm... thats good news. I just took a bite out of my humble pie (will eat the rest later after I watch the game!!!) Mad Pup if he is the goods thats awesome. So Woolnough played like a Price or Civo did he?

Bicey_18

Bench
We needed that one heading into the game V Tigers next week.... Obviously odds are we wont get near them with our players missing due to S.O.O and they should be fully fit you would think although Farah could get a bench spot and Payten perhaps injured? Not sure but will be a tough game.

Misanthrope

Staff member
He has NEVER liked us RABK............From the day last year when he came on to replace Paul Simpkins up here at EAS if you remember

I do remember that game. Thought the philistine's name was familiar.

So Woolnough played like a Price or Civo did he?

He was certainly inspiring. Produced a miraculous offload for Hinton, and just looked mountainous. But so did Simpson, Patterson, Young, and Reynoldson.

Timmah

Staff member
Walsh > Mullen IMO. Just needs a bit more FG experience. Tell you what though, you guys must have an ace halfback factory somewhere in Newcastle... you just keep churning them out.

keeney

First Grade
Problem is, we don't have a genuine metre eater in our team. Wooly topped with 139 i think... We have skill and tacklers, but noone to gain ground.

roopy

Referee
Dodger said:
Scored one of the tries of the season on fulltime but it was too little too late.
For those interested in the try of the season - Simon Williams had the ball near halfway and the roosters boys decided to clock off and didn't put him down - so he pushed off three and kept going - then a few more got hold of him - and he pushed em off and kept going - ran around a few more - pushed off a few more - and after basically wrestling the whole side single handedly for 50 metres - gave a little pass to Beau Simpson who strolled over untouched and celebrated like he had done something good - when in fact it was the only ball he caught all night - and if the pass hadn't been perfect he would have put that down too.

Latest posts