What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaealiki on 500K a season

JJ

Immortal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to him, says a lot about the English game eh?

There was once a time when Wigan was the best side in the world. I mean...they were basically the GB side.

Now....they are a shadow of their former selves. Signings like this are a major reason for that.

innsaneink

Referee
nospam49 said:
There was once a time when Wigan was the best side in the world. I mean...they were basically the GB side.

Now....they are a shadow of their former selves. Signings like this are a major reason for that.

Yes.....I remember that too....take note Nick, Max. :lol:

taxidriver

Coach
big call going to England, he could have earned at least that amount playing for the Rorters PL side.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
nospam49 said:
Apart from the 4 or 5 Kiwis who were always propping the side up :p

t-ba

Post Whore
Conversion rates can be tricky. Using current ones, he'd be about 10% of Wigans cap while he was about 6.1% of Parra's. You've also got to factor in the money for moving to one of the most bleak and depressing cities in the western world...

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
There is no way in the world he is worth that much a season. It's a joke the amount of money English clubs throw at players these days.

If i was a player i would be happy though. :D

But would hate living in England!

Eels Dude

Coach
Does anyone know how ESL clubs can afford to pay so much for players? They're crowds are a lot lower than NRL crowds and with soccer the dominating code in the UK you'd think that rights for tv and radio would come cheaper as well.

Bullseye

Juniors
He'll not be on anything more than £100k a season and I agree he's not worth that.

Wigan have a wealthy backer in Dave Whelan. Money isn't any problem for him.

Eels Dude

Coach
Bullseye said:
He'll not be on anything more than £100k a season and I agree he's not worth that.

Wigan have a wealthy backer in Dave Whelan. Money isn't any problem for him.

It would have to be a fairly substantial offer for Parramatta to agree to release him, I'd say he'd be on a lot more than that.