What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaealiki signs for the Sea Eagles

gong_eagle

First Grade
Vaealiki signs for the Sea Eagles

26/11/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

davidvaealiki.jpg

http://manlyseaeagles.com.au/news.asp?tx=39&newsid=2739

The Sea Eagles are proud to announce the signing of David Vaealiki to a one year deal.
Vaealiki comes to the Sea Eagles after spending 3 years with the Wigan Warriors. He is a New Zealand junior who has played seven tests for his country and also played in the 2000 Rugby League World Cup. His NRL debut was with the Parramatta Eels in 1999 and played 93 games for the club including a Grand Final appearance in 2001.
Vaealiki usually plays in the centres but has also played fullback for both the Wigan Warriors and New Zealand.
David and his family have recently moved to the area and we would like to welcome them to the Sea Eagles.

photo from www.wiganwarriors.com

The Colonel

Immortal
Matai's knee mustn't be good at all........ Vaealiki wasn't travelling well when he left the Eels and hasn't been the same since he tore his achilles tendon.

keeney

First Grade
Guess they just have an inferiority complex, they should have gone for the winning centres.

dubby

Bench
Hmm.

If Vaeliki and Matai are in the centres together, that would have to be one of the worst center pairings in the game.

I seen Vaeliki play in the ESL via Fox sports, and he was deadset ordinary, below NRL standards easily.

brooksy19

Bench
thank god we didn't sign him, i thought it was a forgone conclusion... thankfully ronald mcdonnell ran out of credit on his 5110.

shiznit

Coach
it could be a masterstroke from manly... when he was on... he was a very good footballer... maybe an incentive based contract might get him firing again...

Harold Bishop

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Matai's knee mustn't be good at all........ Vaealiki wasn't travelling well when he left the Eels and hasn't been the same since he tore his achilles tendon.
Knee? i thought he was having back surgery for a bulging disc..

Hanscholo

Bench
macavity said:
thank goodness we didn't get him as was rumoured....

seconded. He is the king of the impotent backs, and you can garauntee at least one or two stupid penalties in the ruck per week. No thanks.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
dubby said:
Hmm.

If Vaeliki and Matai are in the centres together, that would have to be one of the worst center pairings in the game.

I seen Vaeliki play in the ESL via Fox sports, and he was deadset ordinary, below NRL standards easily.
Sorry mate but i think you're dead wrong.
For starters we already have Steve Bell, so Vaeliki will be a backup.
Since when has Matai (a Kiwi rep) become the worlds worst centre? He was the only Manly player to actually play pretty good in the GF.

The Colonel

Immortal
Harold Bishop said:
Knee? i thought he was having back surgery for a bulging disc..

Knee was my impression but I may have been wrong....... either way you would assume the news isn't good given they have three very decent centres when fit already.