What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaealiki signs for the Sea Eagles

shiznit

Coach
i really rated the guy when he was at parra.... he just all of a sudden went to sh*t after a injury. we used to call him the magic man because there was this period where everytime he touched the ball he made things happen on attack. if that vaealiki turns up for manly then they could well have the buy of the season...

just a sidenote... m sure he was the guy that missed a kiwi test because he had a boil on his arse....

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Knee was my impression but I may have been wrong....... either way you would assume the news isn't good given they have three very decent centres when fit already.

Shoulder surgery, should be ready for week 1

Will be a good backup player to have i think

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I am one day looking forward to seeing the headline that says

"Manly sign local junior"

t-ba

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
I am one day looking forward to seeing the headline that says

"Manly sign local junior"

We had one of those when Cuthbertson put pen to paper I think...

Just like I can't wait for the headline "Parramatta does NOT pillage country football of its most talented 14 year olds" I suppose.

Y2Eel

First Grade
t-ba said:
We had one of those when Cuthbertson put pen to paper I think...

Just like I can't wait for the headline "Parramatta does NOT pillage country football of its most talented 14 year olds" I suppose.

Cos they are cetainly going on to bigger and better things out bush...

majorblack

Juniors
Had a handful of good games for wigan during his 3 seasons. They tried to offload him after his first season but he dug his heels in as he was alledgedly on big bucks. Not the most inspired signing of the off season imo. backup at best.

Grail

Juniors
shiznit said:
i really rated the guy when he was at parra.... he just all of a sudden went to sh*t after a injury. we used to call him the magic man because there was this period where everytime he touched the ball he made things happen on attack. if that vaealiki turns up for manly then they could well have the buy of the season...

In his early days at the Eels, he was poor. Then overnight, he went from crap to unstoppable. It was like a switch being flicked. He stayed unstoppable for about 18 months, then bam, the switch went off and he was rubbish again.

I still remember the first game of the season in 2002 when he scored a hattrick of tries in the opening 9 minutes of the match against Penrith.

Don't think he will ever recapture that form though.

Canard

Immortal
dubby said:
Hmm.

If Vaeliki and Matai are in the centres together, that would have to be one of the worst center pairings in the game.

I seen Vaeliki play in the ESL via Fox sports, and he was deadset ordinary, below NRL standards easily.

Was he up to the standard of The General?

dubby

Bench
Harold Bishop said:
Sorry mate but i think you're dead wrong.
For starters we already have Steve Bell, so Vaeliki will be a backup.
Since when has Matai (a Kiwi rep) become the worlds worst centre? He was the only Manly player to actually play pretty good in the GF.

Ahh, I forgot about Bell.

Apart from a few big hits, I didnt think Matai (the Kiwi rep, just like Ben Roberts :sarcasm: ) was that great.

Harry, my point is mate is that Matai is NOT a top class centre. Sure he can make a hit but his hands are ordinary and his attack is not what I would call world class. Thats just my opinion mate, I'm sure you have your own.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
hahhaha vaeliki had a few good seasons then was rubbish in his last few years at parra. cant imagine the ESL helping him to improve.

my early pick for worst buy of the year

Dutchy

Immortal
Not much of a first grader. But damn, Premier League looks a lot stronger.

( I know there is no more PL - Hush Dodgy )

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
CC_Eagle said:
Rubbish signing.

Will only hamper the development of Neumann.

Can't agree with any of that

It provides us damn good depth.

If Stewart and Bell both got taken for rep duty, or if Stewart got injured at all, we were looking at

Robertson
?????
Matai
Neumann
Bani

With the addition of Vaealiki

Vaealiki
Robertson
Matai
Neumann
Bani

Downie

Guest Moderator
Don't know why people are going on about him being the worst buy of the year. He'll be playing for peanuts and he's only there to add depth to our squad.

Disco

Bench
Im happy

We were short on depth in the backs with Neaumen being the only option, but noe David can pitch in when Stewart and Bell are away for rep duty and when Matai is suspended an/or injured

NTHNBEACHESEEL

Juniors
I am led to believe Matai may not play till July because of his shoulder injury. Vaeleki believe me is not playing for peanuts! Jamie Lyon is still fat as of 03/12/07