What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vagana is a gonner

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
I hear GB are likely to cite him as well as him being on report so I can't see how he can escape without a ban after that 'attempt'.

I thought the whole thing was bizarre, it was such a badly aimed swinging arm that it ended up being a punch to the middle of the face. Not in his character at all.

The best he can hope for is a one match ban, are NZ playing next weekend to get him back for the Final?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
You can request the disciplinary panel looks at any incident. If they consider it to be an incident they can use it to ban the player. As he's already on report for it, it would obviously be regarded as something to look at.

Noble is furious about it, Deacs is his little baby. Noble was like the embarassing mother at a Junior game after that.

innsaneink

Referee
Not in his character?

Pleease....hes a serial offender that keeps getting off for some reason.

innsaneink

Referee
douglasallen91 said:
serial offender????????? that's the only 2nd time he's been charged all season

He rarely gets charged, and when he does he gets off......hes a repeat high shot merchant.

Two in the Wests/Cambo game come to mind among numerous others where he wasnt even put on report.

bartman

Immortal
Right or wrong, an injury always seems to sway the panels into a bigger suspension. Solomona got one match but probably would have got more if Fielden had not have gotten up?

Deacon was falling into it, but too drastically. It would have been a solid stiff shot across the chest/shoulder, but these things sometimes happen. But with the injury I reckon Nige is looking at a two match ban - out of the final if they make it.

Scorpio30

Bench
I think in all fairness Vagana thought "We're not doing too well right about now....Ooooo Heres Deacon" SMASH

jed

First Grade
It was good to see Deacs finally hitting some decent form in the series, very disappointing he won't have a chance to continue against the Aussies next week.

The Clan

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
with a broken nose. haha i guess he may need plastic surgery.

You must be one of them F*^kin idiots thats never played the game and therefore has no respect for the guys that do!

The Clan

Juniors
He got away with a spear tackle in the first game against Aus

He swung his arm with a clenched fist, which makes all the difference to the review board.

He should get 3 games IMO.

jed

First Grade
Apparently Deacon's got a cracked pallet in the top of his mouth, and will be having surgery to insert screws.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/international_and_australian/4432346.stm

Deacon to undergo facial surgery

o.gif
_41012944_deacon_203x152.jpg

Great Britain scrum-half Paul Deacon will play no further part in the Tri-Nations after suffering a serious facial injury against New Zealand.

"He's in pretty bad shape," said Great Britain coach Brian Noble.

Deacon was due to have surgery on Sunday to repair the damage sustained in a collision with Nigel Vagana.

According to Noble, the Bradford Bulls player has fractured the roof of his mouth and will need screws inserted to help the healing process.

Vagana was placed on report and will face a disciplinary hearing on Monday. There is better news concerning Brian Carney, who limped off with a hamstring injury midway through the second half. "He has had treatment and has responded very, very well," said Noble, who expects the winger to be fit to face Australia at Hull's KC Stadium on Saturday.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
vangana is a koala he's always got high shots and swinging arms. for some reason he's protected. for all the bitching about morely, if morely did what vangana continually does he'd been suspended for a year.

and i'm pretty sure first point of contact was deacons nose.....

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah thought it was gunna be more than just a broken nose....they dont describe or amateur diagnose broken noses as severe facial injuries.
Yeeow...roof of mouth broken, doesnt sound nice at all, sounds a bit like Robbie O'davis' injury, though half his face was smashed as well.
Nigel will be hard pressed gettin out of this one.

Scott

Bench
Vagana did the Poms a favour by taking Deacon out of the game! He is a reserve grader at best.

Latest posts