What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vai Toutai

Avenger

Immortal
I have been very impressed with Vai and the energy he is providing I hope that Ricky finds a place for him when Sio returns. Cheyse Blair's impact has been poor and his metres gained are mediocre for such a big man. If anyone makes way for Toutai it may be Blair.

bartman

Immortal
I thought Toutai was very confident under the high ball, and is doing an admirable job.

With Sio and Tonga presumably to come back in the three-quarter line, not everyone can fit in. Will be interesting to see how Ricky goes - you'd presume based on R1 selections that Sio comes back in, and the question then is what to do with Tonga and then with whoever is left vying for the remaining spots.

Could go either way - which is healthy I reckon.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
I'm liking vai. He's done enough to keep sio at wenty for now.

Blair's going ok to imo

For me, assuming evey1 is fit then I'd go with

2. Blair
3. Loko
4. Tonga
5. Tautai

Toss of the coin between Morgan and Tautai for the wing.

Sio has not come on enough for me. He's a massive liability under the high ball.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
He goes alright, nothing to get excited about though. I'd keep him in at the expense of Blair though, who IMO has been quite disappointing this year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With so many backs and a back row lacking serious fire power I would move loko to the back row . The guy is bigger then most of our forwards and smith/Ryan could learn a good lesson from the rookie on how to run the ball.

Yep.

Loko to the back row, replaced in the centres by Tonga. This isn't to accomodate Tonga, it's just that Tonga is less crap than the likes of Ryan.

Sio to come back via Wenty.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep.

Loko to the back row, replaced in the centres by Tonga. This isn't to accomodate Tonga, it's just that Tonga is less crap than the likes of Ryan.

Sio to come back via Wenty.

Everyone was crap under Kearney last year - maybe 2011 form could return for tonga

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We should move everyone to the back row.

Ok do you think loko is a back or forward? I just think loko is a better back rower then Ryan/ smith and we have enought backs to cover moving him there. Hell if we had a Ben teo, a Luke Lewis, a Greg bird yeah I woukd leave him there at centre

Not convinced about Vai, massive brain explosion trying to pass that ball in the in goal and he lacks speed. Would rather see Jerome given a shot.

eels_fan

First Grade
Agree with Jake. Potential is there for Vai; but I'd rather have had McKenzie get first shot

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ok do you think loko is a back or forward? I just think loko is a better back rower then Ryan/ smith and we have enought backs to cover moving him there. Hell if we had a Ben teo, a Luke Lewis, a Greg bird yeah I woukd leave him there at centre
He's only 3 games back from two knee reco's, now people want to throw him straight into the backrow??

Him at centre has been one of our few bright spots, let him find his feet first his future is definitely in the backrow but I'd leave him in the centres for now.

I thought Vai has looked a little lost out there and at times a liability next to the Loko who isn't very experienced either.

Potential down the track but we would like more solid with Sio out there.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i like toutai's willingess to get involved, we need more of it.

loko is our best centre at the moment, madness to move him