What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vainikolo in talks with dragons

brendothejet

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
lol
One of the top 3 wingers in the world? I think this is called 'Jamie Lyon Syndrome'. Dudes, it's the UK Superleague.

Eggsactly.

All those people who are saying volcano is one of the best in the world probably think Jamie Lyon deserves to be picked for Australia and is a good true to his word and his club bloke.

Daza_06

Juniors
Lesley is not going to come back to the NRL this year and i dont think he ever will. We wont be looking for his signature as we are already close to the salary cap and great young wingers.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mong said:
Lol.. That happens every single game, Gaz sprints out of the line way in front of EVERYONE else and then that big gap appears.. personally i blame Gaz more then Best for that.. If everyone else runs out in a line with Gasnier except Best then its Colin's fault.. unfortunatly thats not what happens...

100% correct, Mong.

But The Volcano does have a wicked haircut. Coolio would be jealous...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Saint Dragon said:
I hate to bring this up but remember the prelimanary final between the Dragons and the tigers. Mark Gasnier came off the line and Best stayed put on the try-line. If he came out that try could have never happened. Best can't Defend! If Vanikolo does sign with the dragons, forget Best!
The commentators made a point of repeating it several times so it was a little hard to forget.

I agree with Mong and Southern that its a little hard defending as a winger when your centre is repeatedly racing up out of the line. Obviously the two of them needed to communicate more in this regard. I wouldn't have Best shouldering all the blame for that one.

Lowey3

Juniors
Vainikolo signed a new 4 year deal with Bradford this season.

Making him their highest paid player.

He turned down interest from NRL teams and also union.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Lowey3,

Mate none of us took it seriously, we certainly don't need him with our backline he'd slow it down too much.

Anyway apart from ESL clubs who'd be stupid enough to pay that much (Bradford highest paid player) for a bloody winger? No thanks!

Sorry but even if it were true I wouldnt want him tho he is good, when they make this big song and dance that they were struggling under the salary cap and thats why Thommo had to go, then all of a sudden they are looking at buying all these players, then i dont want any new players, they have a terrific team on the field as it is, minus a decent front rower, but what gets me is that why be dirtty rotten scoundrels saying they are struggling with the salary cap then go out scouting, maybe they should start looking at their own players more than other players!

drake

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
100% correct, Mong.

But The Volcano does have a wicked haircut. Coolio would be jealous...

Been spendin' most our lives,
livin' in a winger's paradise.