What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vainikolo ruled out

Ray

Juniors
Yes, if Puletua wanted to play, the Panthers can stop him, because he is THEIR EMPLOYER.

Playing for the Kiwis is not being a slave - ask Ruben Wiki. You are an idiot for saying that.

Ray

Juniors
Yes, if Puletua wanted to play, the Panthers can stop him, because he is THEIR EMPLOYER.

Playing for the Kiwis is not being a slave - ask Ruben Wiki. You are an idiot for saying that.

bartman

Immortal
Am not sure Lolesi will be the automatic replacement for Vainikolo in the future matches?
Hape, Fa'afili, Toopi, Vinnie Anderson could all move into the backline too...

Iafeta

Referee
nospam49 said:
If Puletua wanted to play for NZ no one could stop him.

But he is smart, he knows who pays his wages and thats why he is having surgery instead of being a slave to the NZRL.

The fact Penrith threatened to punish him legally and financially meant he had to come home.

Puletua did want to play - but if your employer is a jacka$$ you gotta do what you gotta do until your contract expires, which I believe is after this season. Then you go elsewhere and get the respect you deserve.

Dont be stupid.

And stop pretdnding that your personally know the situation...its rather pathetic. :roll:

puletua himself was quoted on the news as sayingt it was a nothing situation that got well out of hand.

He KNEW he could only play the one Test match and while he would like to have played in the whole Tri series, he was just happy to be able to take part in any test match at all. He knew he had to head back home after the first game, and he was fine with that.

The NZRL officials didnt understand the situation and when they found out they ran to the media like a bunch of fools.

Now a few people here have jumped on the NZRL's bandwagon.....and its not a suprise to see the NZRL has stuffed up again regarding the Vainikolo situation.

Wake up to yourselves, this is a non issue.

Just ask my good mate Tony... :roll:

Ray

Juniors
So are you saying if the NZRL, as you put it, didn't treat Vainikolo or Puletua like slaves, they would play? :lol:

Always good to see lil' 13 year-old kids with their wild wacking ideas. :lol:

Ray

Juniors
By the way, have you learnt what an "employment contract" is at primary school yet, "Freak"? :shock:

AuckMel

Bench
nospam49 said:
Now a few people here have jumped on the NZRL's bandwagon.....and its not a suprise to see the NZRL has stuffed up again regarding the Vainikolo situation.

Bradford pull Vainikolo out of the series on monday, and that's the NZRL's fault?

:lol: :lol:

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Iafeta said:
The RLIF needs a good, stern kick up the backside for allowing clubs to try and ruin the international game - clubs like Penrith and Bradford with their selfish club first, other representative teams aside from their own later should be fined.

But still, how are Bradford been selfish? when Vainikolo has ruled himself out, not the Bulls as a club.

Unlike Puletua, Penrith who have told Tony he MUST have sugery!

AuckMel

Bench
IanHindmarsh said:
Iafeta said:
The RLIF needs a good, stern kick up the backside for allowing clubs to try and ruin the international game - clubs like Penrith and Bradford with their selfish club first, other representative teams aside from their own later should be fined.

But still, how are Bradford been selfish? when Vainikolo has ruled himself out, not the Bulls as a club.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11159563-23869,00.html

"Giant English-based winger Lesley Vainikolo will play tonight but then miss the rest of the Tri-Nations series with Bradford coach Brian Noble insisting he not delay knee surgery any longer"

DrewBeliever

Juniors
AuckMel said:
IanHindmarsh said:
Iafeta said:

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11159563-23869,00.html

"Giant English-based winger Lesley Vainikolo will play tonight but then miss the rest of the Tri-Nations series with Bradford coach Brian Noble insisting he not delay knee surgery any longer"

Cheers for that Mel, but on no reports here in BRADFORD, does it say Noble is urging Vainikolo to have surgery on his knee, just he believes it's for the best (Lesley)
But ahye well, I'll shut my mouth, Fox must have it right! :roll:

carlnz

Bench
IanHindmarsh said:
Iafeta said:

Unlike Puletua, Penrith who have told Tony he MUST have sugery!

Gee your as bad as the Panther fans....nah mate Bradford didt nothing wrong....the NZRL are wrong again and they have force Vainkolo to come out and say he wants to play :roll: :roll: :roll:

DrewBeliever

Juniors
:lol: your a joke mate, I'm mates with Vainikolo and I think I know him better than what bloody Fox does.

And don't point my way as a Panther, It's bad enough been called a Bulldog because of my behaviour at matches :cry:

carlnz

Bench
IanHindmarsh said:
:lol: your a joke mate, I'm mates with Vainikolo and I think I know him better than what bloody Fox does.

And don't point my way as a Panther, It's bad enough been called a Bulldog because of my behaviour at matches :cry:

Do you want a medal for being his mate? The fact is the Vainikolo wants to play hence why he is going to ask his bull bags Bradford coach if he can...

GB are just scared of him...losers

"Test level is where you want to be," Vainikolo said.

"When you put the Kiwi jersey on, it's a big high, so I'm going to give it everything I've got."

DrewBeliever

Juniors
carlnz said:
IanHindmarsh said:

Do you want a medal for being his mate? The fact is the Vainikolo wants to play hence why he is going to ask his bull bags Bradford coach if he can...

GB are just scared of him...losers

:lol: You could be right, you could be right!

I deffinatley fear him, but believe me Brian Noble would never take Lesley's chances away from him because of fear.

btw, if the medals on offer Carl, chuck it over my way, you tosser ;-)

carlnz

Bench
Im sure you would wear it with pride at the games

" I am Vainikolos mate "

Would suit you at the Canberra games :roll:

DrewBeliever

Juniors
carlnz said:
Im sure you would wear it with pride at the games

" I am Vainikolos mate "

Would suit you at the Canberra games :roll:

hmmmm shame I never attened them, hey!

Where not all that fortunate, to travel back and fouth from England to Canberra at such a young age.

shiznit

Coach
Vainakolo wanted to play for NZ. thats it. Bradford want him to have surgery just like penrith with TP. it doesnt matter anyway, with or without those 2 were still going to hammer GB. we should have brought over Gary Tupou for the pom games. they seem to have trouble tackling anything big.