What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vale Jon Mannah

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Absolutely tragic, but what a courageous story tear of his comeback with Cronulla, and the absolute pain he must have been training through when he tried his last comeback with Parramatta. Great story to hear when he was sick he was also going to the Childrens Hospital to help them out - gutsy.

Rest in peace Jon, thanks for your contribution in life - doing what you did to comebcak against the odds, and to give your time so freely in such pain to the kids means you did a lot more in your short life than most will do a full lifetime.
:clap:Well said mate.

nontime111

Juniors
RIP Jon, tragic news, all my thoughts and prayers to the Mannah family and the Eels family from a Dragons fan

Shortstuff

Juniors
So sorry to hear of the passing of Jon Mannah, a young man that should have had the rest of his life before him ..... taken too soon.
My thoughts are with his family.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Absolutely tragic, but what a courageous story tear of his comeback with Cronulla, and the absolute pain he must have been training through when he tried his last comeback with Parramatta. Great story to hear when he was sick he was also going to the Childrens Hospital to help them out - gutsy.

Rest in peace Jon, thanks for your contribution in life - doing what you did to comebcak against the odds, and to give your time so freely in such pain to the kids means you did a lot more in your short life than most will do a full lifetime.

I know this hits close to home with the Warriors family...you certainly know what it's like to lose a loved one and I'm sure Jonny will be up there throwing a ball around with Sonny Fai...

Jodeci

Bench
Just an update for everyone.

I went and paid my respects to Jon and the Mannah family tonight.

Tim and the family are showing a lot of encouragement and have high spirits.

The Club are getting on a team bus tomorrow and I believe it's to show that this is an away game and Jon is in the squad for the final game.

Tomorrow is about celebrating Jon's life, not saying goodbye as it was spoken about tonight.

God Bless You Jon and the Mannah Family.

Suitman

Post Whore
Away game or not, I'm still sad.
Jon is a Parra Boy, and always will be.
My thoughts and prayers are still with the Mannah family.

Suity

phantom eel

First Grade
R.I.P. Jon Mannah, such an unfair disease. Thoughts and condolences with the Mannah family for tomorrow's celebration and onwards.

The Colonel

Immortal
Friday was a hard enough day for me as it has been for the past 7 years being the anniversary of my mum passing. To then see the news about Jon was almost a bit much.

He was a true gentleman. A pleasure to talk to, like his brother, whether you had known him previous or not. God has a plan, especially when he needs to take someone so young.

Condolences to the Mannah family. God has a good angel.

Gronk

Staff member
Determined to ensure Jon Mannah's inspiration and passion for rugby league lives on, NRL clubs Cronulla and Parramatta are set to put their rivalry aside by honouring the 23-year-old when they meet this season. As the rugby league community rallies to support the Mannah family following the passing of Jon to cancer on Friday, Eels and Sharks officials have spoken about the prospect of playing for the Jon Mannah trophy each year, beginning with their Round 5 match in April.
Although any tribute plans are yet to be determined, another option is that proceeds from the match be distributed to a cancer charity.

Jodeci

Bench
Both squads plus those mentioned in the article were on hand.

Timmy spoke so well and made it enjoyable with some laughs and the eldest brother (Danny) paid Jon the ultimate tribute with the life Jon had from being a kid to his last moments.

Even his old teammates like Inu, Hodgo, Keating and co were also there.

Very nice service to farewell Jon