What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

SAP58

Juniors
o Who is this elusive alternative to Holmes that fans seen to think we could/should have signed?

o There are no prizes for not spending 3mil of our cap next year.. it just makes winning (and recruitment) harder.

o Rly happy now that Lomax is gone, hes a hard worker but just not bought into the culture, now that we have a replacement centre and goalkicker.. I feel a lot better about 2025.

o This is a huge win for us getting some respect again in future recruitments.. I know we got Cook, but it felt like we needed another domino to fall our way.. show future players that we are building here, and they dont need to take a leap of faith by signing with us.

o If Val just ends up a fast goal-kicking winger, thats still a huge win for us, but for right now hes our left centre, and if something goes tits up with Sloan (even an injury), we have a Plan B.

o Also bring some acceleration/speed into our backline (along with Sloan).. Lomax again has his strengths but i think that was his peak this year, Val will get plenty more line breaks than Lomax and will finish a try better also.. not as strong in the air but pretty solid in that space regardless. Also a better kicker imo.
Good post, I totally agree with all your points. We dont sign someone we are no good now we sign a current rep player & we are still doing the wrong thing. I for one think it is a good signing brings good culture & still offers a lot including a quality goal kicker. Well done Flanno !

His fast and powerful. His defence had been shoddy this year and hope Flanno can fix that
I hope he does play wing but happy wherever
Souths sign Aitken at 29 snd Nikorima extends at 30 but we sign a 29 year old playing origin and we are signing old age pensioners?
Geez we were a funny lot of supporters
It is hard to be positive as a Dragon supporter of late
But surely those that want to look can see the slow signs of improvement under Flanno
Baby steps
I needed that - a bit of a wake up

Both Cook and Val announcements have not thrilled me but.... as you say!

Perhaps I'm also clouded by my disappointment with 4 weeks for Kyle.
I reckon there was enough extenuating circumstances for guilty with 1 or 2 weeks.

I'm also a little pissed that WT signed Skelton. Whenever he gets an opportunity in top grade he makes more than 150 meters. Tigers probably got him on 250K. (Just guessing)

That's a value signing and if it was us, would have been a big "UP YOURS GUS"

BLM01

First Grade
I needed that - a bit of a wake up

Both Cook and Val announcements have not thrilled me but.... as you say!

Perhaps I'm also clouded by my disappointment with 4 weeks for Kyle.
I reckon there was enough extenuating circumstances for guilty with 1 or 2 weeks.

I'm also a little pissed that WT signed Skelton. Whenever he gets an opportunity in top grade he makes more than 150 meters. Tigers probably got him on 250K. (Just guessing)

That's a value signing and if it was us, would have been a big "UP YOURS GUS"
Yes but a journeyman so to speak. Hardly played NRL and is 25. Why is that?......just saying it is easy to be critical of our recruitment but I could find issues with most teams recruiting except for a few stars.
Gee Roosters sign reserve grader Townsend for example.

Holmes is a better all round player and more potent than Lomax in my view only in form. So we are gaining.
Zac as I keep saying is great with efforts taking the ball in settlers but does not really bust the line (so is Holmes who runs harder)
Zac is great leaper and chaser. Ive seen Holmes score runaway tries and beating defense.
Both not the best passers. Zac too many high risk flicks

Cook still has pace and smarts for a 9. Good buy for us. We are gaining.