What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valleys 1988 Premiership Trophy on ebay .....

mud n blood

Juniors
You betcha ! And 2 grand the owner is asking .....

Obviously someone picked it up at the Valleys "cleanout" in '95.

Will be speaking to Brothers-Valleys committee member(s) tonight ! :x

Diehards

Juniors
How much did they get for most of their silverware that they sold in 1995??? I was picking to get the big pic of Trevor Schodel and Brett Daunt that they had in their main bar.

gullsfan

Juniors
Tweed pumped cash into Valleys in return getting their name into the title, though not sure if they played any games s-o-t-b. Valleys later linked with a Caboolture club with the same type of name merging.
The Bretheren, around the same time ('95 ?) linked with a Pine Rivers club, also merging the name. This club was Saint someones so I suppose they already had a link, with P.C.B. being the parent club.
Quite ironic how these two northside neighbouring rivals, with long and proud histories, would both be dropped from the comp. within such a short space of each other, only to resurface as a merged entity - fighting Irish and Diehards indeed.
Question to Big Tommy - why did the Pine Rivers Brothers venture not work/continue? I would have guessed that location would prosper (over time) creating the kind of "one team town" status Wynnum and Redcliffe enjoy. I realise the died in the wool Brothers supporters would be centered around the inner northside but what other factors were involved? Did the Broncos play a hand in this?

mud n blood

Juniors
Yes, it was a merge (of sorts!) between Tweed Seagulls and Valleys that lasted only for 1987 and 1988. Thus the '88 trophy is actually even more unique that it is the only BRL premiership ever won by a club only once. But anyway, that's only trivia ....

The merge was only a two-year trial I believe, with an option to extend which wasn't enacted. And I think only one or two Tweed players ever actually stepped up to BRL first-grade for S-D anyway.

In 1995, Valleys actually merged as a last-ditch effort to save itself with the Caboolture Snakes ..... and well, frankly the '95 results speak for themselves ! :(

Diehards

Juniors
The Pine Rivers club that Brothers moved to was Brothers Holy Spirit. It folded because the leagues club wasnt big enough to support the venture. Crowds were always good averaging around the 2000-2500 mark i think. The other disadvantage was their lack of facilities, ie no dressing rooms.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Pine Rivers was an ordinary ground to watch the footy from too.

But the crowds were good - full of Brothers psychos..... :shock:

Pine Rivers has traditionally been a Redcliffe stronghold with the club even being called Redcliffe-Pine Rivers in it's infancy with many Pine Rivers juniors making the step into seniors at Redcliffe.

YeH i can see that now yopu say it, Brisbane has changed much in the last 10-15 hasnt it with the burbs spilling out from the nrth towards coobulture & around to deception redneck way etc etc. I was thinking Of the Brisbane I new when lived there a long time ago, when many of those flourishing & growing areas where mostly still classed as rural out posts.......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts