What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vella/Kativerata must go

Vella..
How many Tackles did this softy Miss?
How long is Smith going to Put up with Him??
How many times did he drop the ball today?

This so called forward needs to be sacked straight away for having a lack of heart. He is simply hopeless now. I'd have Tsoulos, Armitt anyday over Vella. His last good game was against Brisbane in the 2002 semi, thats piss poor Vella.

Wise K. is a walking time bomb he has NO IDEA in defence and cannot hold the ball, we need to be rid of him NOW. Peterson to the wing and Odwyer to the 3/4.

parralight

Juniors
yeah I like the look of O'Dwyer he defended really well and really shut the centre corridor (which leaked so bad against the dogs) down.

AND I agree with everything above.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think you're being a bit harsh on Vella. He made some errors but he made some good runs also though. Wise isn't up to first grade standard though unfortunately, though with Lyon gone I think we're going to see a lot more of him throughout the season.

Pazza

First Grade
I think Vella made some good hit ups today. Sure the knocked on some ball but so did heaps of players. Also Vella has never been a phycial defender, you cant have a pack full of Morleys.

tanka

Juniors
vella had some hit ups, but he was smashed too many times also... he needs to be a physical defender as that is what his role asks for... what am I saying?! he needs to be physical in general! even in attack! this bloke needs some grunt!

as for wise, well... I dunno... I kind of want him to shine and prove everyone wrong much like I did for dykes in seasons 2002 and 2003

so.... I'm gonna keep my mouth shut on wise and only say that he's gotta show what he can REALLY do one day... (next game would be ideal) :mrgreen:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think we all want our players to shine, but Wise is just not up to the standard of First Grade.

Vella just has to get the attention to detail back in his game & then i think he will be an asset, he didn't do that badly today IMO..not his best?...but not by far his worse.

Parraren

Bench
Wise K gives me heart palpatations whenever he gets within 50m of the play :shock: He looks uncertain and completely out of sorts. I agree, with the "time bomb" analogy, he's a major worry and one we can definitely do without. We have ample back up cover for the wing positions. The only reason he is in the side is for his apparent 'size' :roll: which he doesn't use effectively so what's the point?

Vella's go forward is good. His defence is woeful. Too many 'reach out and grabs' and not enough solid tackles.

O'Dwyer looks tough and can play above his weight. Looks like he can handle the NRL. I think he will be a sensation in the centres.

Phillips

Referee
replace kativerata with Junior Langi

replace Vella with Stapleton or Armit or Peek

thats what i would do

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Yeah good point Parraren....for a bloke of Wise's size you'd think he'd be unstoppable....even Peterson creates more havoc then Wise.

C'mon Wise prove me wrong ;-)

thedux

Juniors
I think the Vella's biggest downfall today was his second half; he only made 2 hitups for a total of 15m. That is not good enough when you are leading by 14 and trying to kill-off the opposition. The dropped ball was probably a by-product of the humidity as it was happening across the park so that doesn't worry me but he has to learn to play 80mins (or at least put-in for whatever time he is out there.)
Kat. on the other hand needs plenty of time in reggies to get his head together. Don't forget he missed a lot of footy last year as Langmack stopped picking him after he signed for us so the pace is probably a bit much at the moment.

Chipmunk

Coach
I thought Vella certainly improved from last week. As RJ said, he has alot of fine tuning to do, but the effort was certainly there this week compared to last week. We need him to keep improving cause he is a lot more agile than some other Front Rowers we have.

Kativerata is not First Grade

O'Dwyer is not quite ready, I think he would do better with another month in Premier League then bring back.

Avenger

Immortal
Come on people , lets be realistic, Vella is no way the player he was. Parra management know this and that is why I will bet anyone that he will not be re-signed beyond this year. Wise is like a black Paul Cariage or Navale's cousin. I find it offensive that he is in the side.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Kativerata reminds me of the man who opposition teams loved to see in Parra's line up PAUL CARIGE and if i ever see him again i will get medieval on his arse!

He is not WISE he is DUMB Kativerata

Parraren

Bench
It fascinates me that 99.9% of Eels supporters and non-supporters can see that Wise K just isn't up to First Grade yet mark my words Smith will persist with him week after week after week..... Hell, even idiot Langmack could see that he wasn't good enough for First Grade! :shock:

Don't get your hopes up guys, Wise K will be the first player named in First Grade v Newcastle next week. He's untouchable.

PJ Marshal

Coach
I remeber watching Wise a couple of years back at St George he was heart attack material back then, no wonder Farrar got sacked with blokes like him around!

tanka

Juniors
Mr Parra Eels said:
He is not WISE he is DUMB Kativerata

Bit harsh there aren't we MPE? lol

He has the heart... (wise that is, not MPE ;p) But lacks the experience...

Kinda reminds me of a bald, fat, recruit from canberra that the fans destroyed... have a guess who this was... the trainers and the staff at the eels saw heaps of potential in him, bu the never got the confidence...

But I do agree with some of you lot, not to the point where I want wise kicked off the team.. but I reckon, send wise to the Premier League for a few more games to find his feet and give the bloke another go down the track...

Look at it this way... you get a classic cadillac which you bought in shocking condition... you know what it does... you know what it can do... you do this car up, feed it some oil... tweak the engine...

tweak it's ball handling skills and you rip it through the field to score a try! (bah! I've lost the bloody analogy! lol) I know this bloke can do wonders for us down the track... got a feeling about 'im... I DEFINATELY think that he ain't no Kusto...

please don't end up being a kusto WISE! SHOW US SOMETHING!!!!

Parraren

Bench
You make some good points Tanka but I just hate the way Smith blatantly turns a blind eye to the short comings of his 'favourites' whilst others have to practically score 5 tries and win MOM in Premier League to even get a look in First Grade. I mean how can I possibly take Brian Smith seriously when he tells us that Michael Witt (for example) isn't in First Grade because there are 'some' aspect of his game he still needs to work on, yet Wise K who needs A HELL OF A LOT A WORK TO DO ON HIS GAME IN PREMIER LEAGUE is an automatic shoe in for First Grade every week? :shock: :roll: I'm sorry but that's just crap. If we haven't got a better winger in the Parramatta club at the moment than Wise K then i'm a monkeys uncle.

tanka

Juniors
yes I agree... and your points are crystal!
but you can't dump kativerata to the premier league and replace him with witt...

whilst we got smashed by the mongrels in the first round I found that dykes played well regardless... and witty, played crap in the premies...

so would you shift dykesy (and the rotation you are trying to make) over for an out of form witt?

I personally would give dykes another go with the same possition he had in round 1 as he was one of the few who played well. and witt, who had an ordinary game with the premies (in my opinion anyway) to try and wake him up.

it wouldn't be the time to bring in witty who had a bad game in the premmies up to the first grade side who were just decimated and had dykes playing well enough to warrant another try at half.

As for wise... I reckon with his form in the trials, said a lot... if I were making the calls, I'd say that the first round performance was pretty much a jitters issue... So I would remember his game in the trials... and don't deny that he wasn't playing well... I remember seeing praises for the "wise man" from the same board not long ago.

So I think wise will probably get another game... to clean up... if he stuffs this one up, then it's straight to the premies, get your shit together, show me that what you did in the trials was no fluke, then I might think about letting oyu in again.

Witty, depending on his form this week, may or may not be on the bench... I'd play around with witty on thebench dykes starting at half, then if it gets comfortable or desperate... I might shift dykes over to his natural 5/8 and witty at half see how the tandem goes...

But if Witty had another shit game this week, then bloody hell, he has to know that he has to work to get up there and i wise doesn't perform next game (if he is not deomted) then he will learn the same lesson also...

bloody hell it's 1:39AM I guess I'm off to hit the sack, the missus is gonna give me a penalty if I stay "off side" for another minute!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Wise was good in the trial v Tigers
and the entire team basically sucked against the Dogs

Had Lyon still be there I doubt if Wise would have kept his spot.

This week will tell if Smith is playing favorites.

Latest posts