What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vella/Kativerata must go

The Colonel

Immortal
Wise is definitely not first grade material at this stage however I would like to see a winger rather than a fullback or centre replace him. McKinnon and Langi are playing well however Gruszka, Mowbray or Williams would be the logical choice for someone coming up as they play that position. We crucify Smith for picking blokes in another position and then do the same with who we want replaced.

Rylesy

Juniors
Sorry but WISE is crap! There is a reason why St George abd SOuths let him go! I just hope Smithy can work his magic on him and improve his game, but I doubt it very much!!!!

I told everyone when Parra bought him and man, I think 2 games in I am right!!! :lol: :clap:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Kataverata needs to go. Even my wife who knows minimal about the game said to me, "Who is that guy? He sucks!"

And she was right. Vella played pretty well. O'Dwyer was great defensively and deserves another shot. But I could murder Peek, he made too many mistakes. Then again they all made some real major mistakes.

The Colonel

Immortal
Rylesy said:
Sorry but WISE is crap! There is a reason why St George abd SOuths let him go! I just hope Smithy can work his magic on him and improve his game, but I doubt it very much!!!!

I told everyone when Parra bought him and man, I think 2 games in I am right!!! :lol: :clap:

Actually Souths were apparently set on keeping him, hence the reason he was dropped to first grade straight after he signed with the Eels. They were set to sign him to a new deal worth a lot more than what we signed him for. Probably would have been better if they had off but time will tell.

Parraren

Bench
tanka said:
yes I agree... and your points are crystal!
but you can't dump kativerata to the premier league and replace him with witt...

Absolutely not! Sorry, perhaps I didn't make my point very clear. I was in no way suggesting that we should drop Wise K for Witt. On the contrary, I think it's important that Witty stays in Premier League until his form & confidence warrants First Grade selection. Apart from that Adam Dykes is in vintage form and his recent performances demand that he retain the halfback spot no questions asked.

What I was trying to illustrate was that (it appears to me) Kativerata doesn't seem to be being judged by the same criteria as others such as Witt. I agree, Witt's form & confidence are down so playing him in First Grade would be a big risk. I'm not arguing about this. But wouldn't you agree that based on what we've seen so far from Wise K that not only is his form & confidence ALSO down, he looks very uncertain and is a target in our side waiting to be exposed?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
Wise is definitely not first grade material at this stage however I would like to see a winger rather than a fullback or centre replace him. McKinnon and Langi are playing well however Gruszka, Mowbray or Williams would be the logical choice for someone coming up as they play that position. We crucify Smith for picking blokes in another position and then do the same with who we want replaced.

How about Langi to centre and Petersen to the wing... that way we would have a centre playing centre and a winger playing wing

noosa-eel

Juniors
Yeah agree with alot of you that Wise needs more time in premier league, he really has no idea and as for Vella sure he missed some tackles and dropped balls but he did some good things yesterday as well........there was alot of dropped ball yesterday and not only from our boys......... :roll:

Parraren

Bench
Peterson & Grothe are clearly our best options for the wing spots at the moment. We have a number of options in the centres: Vaealiki, Wagon, O'Dwyer, Langi & Widders.

Things get tricky if Grothe is suspended though. Langi played just as much wing as he did centre at Melbourne so he could cover us here for the time being. I'm sure Wise K is a nice bloke and he plays his heart out but it's just not good for my health watching him out there in first grade... :?

Eels Dude

Coach
Hopefully Ashley Graham is fit soon, I heard he was about 4 weeks away from being able to to run again. He could move into the centres with Peterson replacing Wise on the wing.

Paranoid

Juniors
eels2win said:
How about Langi to centre and Petersen to the wing... that way we would have a centre playing centre and a winger playing wing

Na, too logical Smith we never go for it.

Parraren

Bench
Grothe has been cleared! :D :D :D

1. Burt
2. Peterson
3. O'Dwyer or Wagon
4. Vaealiki
5. Grothe

Thats how we should line up, but I fear there will be a certain Wise K thrown in there somewhere unfortunately...

tanka

Juniors
Parraren said:
What I was trying to illustrate was that (it appears to me) Kativerata doesn't seem to be being judged by the same criteria as others such as Witt. I agree, Witt's form & confidence are down so playing him in First Grade would be a big risk. I'm not arguing about this. But wouldn't you agree that based on what we've seen so far from Wise K that not only is his form & confidence ALSO down, he looks very uncertain and is a target in our side waiting to be exposed?

Agreed and confirmed... the poor fella does seem a little lost at times... He was on the injured eels page a while ago... something about his knee if I remember correctly...

I do reckon he needs to go back to PL... give him a few more games to grass his boots.

It'd be quite interesting to see what the lineup tomorrow arvo...

hmmmm....

The Worm

Juniors
As far as Wise is concerned, there are better players in the Premier League.

As far as Vella was concerned, Webke did show up his ordinary side that we see too much of. He was the first man on Webke every time though and I wouldn't want to do that myself.

Goleel

Juniors
I was happy he showed a fair bit of heart out there, he got belted by Webcke a few times but kept coming back all game to take him on and he did a decent job of taking Webcke out of the contest to some extent, in that he was picking out Vella and they had their own little war, rather than busting the tackles of our weaker defenders. It was great to watch, good to see Vella show some ticker, even if Webcke seemed to have his way with him.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Webcke is the best frontrower in the game, and Mick did show heart throughou tthe match.

I honestly reckon Mick is going to have a stormer on Sat night, something tells me so.

Dean

Juniors
I'm counting the days till Ash comes back, until then i wouldent mind seeing O'Dwyer in the centres, he looks like a good kid. Maybe even put Prince onto the wing, but then again that might be frought with danger as well. Surely though, he cant be as bad as Kativerata. As for Vella he really needs to go back to reserve grade and improve his defense.

Latest posts