What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vella

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah no I completely agree.

A fit, consistent Vella is a great asset to have.

I just hope he finds his best form and some consistency.

To the Vella bashers, even you must admit that in 2004 we did see glimpses of his best (Penrith for example.).

The Colonel

Immortal
Vella at his best should be in the starting side however his best has not been seen, other than the occassional glimpse, for some time. He has had some good games but I haven't seen Vella really fire up since the final v Brisbane 2002. If Vella must be in the team then IMO the bench is, unless his form expressly warrants it, his home.

His form over the last 3 years have been a disgrace. My opinion is that no matter how well he performs this year his contract should not be renewed. He is not worth that type of Money.

Freak said:
Anyone who believes a fully fit Mick Vella won't start in top 13 is cracking jokes!!

Freakos,

I would rather have a fully fit Vella coming off the bench at pace....that's what I'm interested in.

BTW, any post about Vella gets this last line from me.....

"He owes us!"

Stagger eel

Staff member
Poor old Micky!! :(

come on man!!fire up and show Jake that you really care about us :mrgreen:

Eelectrica

Referee
I recall reading that Vella listened to Johnny Farnham before games. I think someone needs to swap his Farnham CD's for Slayer. Although He then might come out too fired up and be sent off after 30 seconds #-o

Stagger eel

Staff member
I wonder if he'd get offended if I asked him to sign my Gloria Gaynor album on saturday at Parklea?? :D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Tell him that his new contract is dependant on 10m per hit up and 1.5 hit ups a set. Hold on that might confuse him just tell him if he doesn't make enough metres he will be forced to sign with Wests (Parramatta Graveyard)