What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verdict on the ground improvements.

newman

First Grade
For:

-The new stand keeps the sound in, and the rain and wind down somewhat.
- The outside of the ground looks great. Modern and professional.
- Digitised ticketing will ensure our attendance figures are accurate (is this a good thing?)
- The new lights were a treat, the place is a great deal brighter and owning the things will save the club alot of money.

Against.

- I have a season ticket, so didnt suffer from this but my friends did; it took half an hour to get your ticket from the new box office. The lines were incredible. Then its another 20 minutes to get through the new gate with the bag check etc. This is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Zappia nodded to this at the preso by encouraging punters to buy their ticket from the club days before the game, or become a season seat holder. So I dont see it getting any better.?
- Wasnt part of this exercise to upgrade our scoreboard and clock? Our beautiful, historical scoreboard has been ripped down and thrown to the dogs and whats it been replaced with? NOTHING. The scoreboard is now the FOX sports score at the bottom of the telecast on the big screen. YOU CANT SEE IT. We had to ring someone watching from home to tell us how long to go! They have put one of those rental advertising/road works signs on the family hill as a makeshift scoreboard, but it doesnt display the time. DISGRACEFUL. Hang your heads in shame whoever made the decision not to RELOCATE the old scoreboard.
- I know for a fact management were hoping for a ground record. The weather wasnt that bad at all. It didnt rain in Cronulla for 2 hours before kick off, and there was a light sprinkle during the game. Im not buying into this "win games and people will show up" attitude. Its true to an extent, but marketing plays a very big part. Im afraid that a few little ads in the leader announcing this(what should be massive) event, just does not cut it, and the marketing team have received a very big fail and should be rocketed accordingly.
-The presentations are the same old tripe. There are only six players attending, and no band, but they just get up there, make some excuses, hand out the awards, play the song and everyone laps it up.

Inferno

Coach
There is an electric scoreboard under the big screen but it wasn't working last night. Zapps said they were hoping to have it fixed by next weeks game.

spider

Coach
- I have a season ticket, so didnt suffer from this but my friends did
they should follow your lead newman - then they wont suffer

Zappia nodded to this at the preso by encouraging punters to buy their ticket from the club days before the game, or become a season seat holder. So I dont see it getting any better.?
you said yourself you are a season ticket holder and didnt suffer, so i would disagree, it would get better with pre-purchase or a season ticket

im a ticket holder and i didnt suffer getting in

Wasnt part of this exercise to upgrade our scoreboard and clock? The scoreboard is now the FOX sports score at the bottom of the telecast on the big screen. YOU CANT SEE IT
have to agree there - it was disgraceful not knowing how long to go. I would also take zappia's response as a cop out about the clock not being ready. That managed to erect and fit out a new stand, but not a clock?????

load of crap - but i bet one is purchased this week!!!

I know for a fact management were hoping for a ground record.
only way that will ever happen now is if the sharks hosted a home semi, and i still dont believe that ground could house in excess of 23,000. It appears the days of one mr longmuir may have infected the football department when issuing crowd figures.

The weather wasnt that bad at all. It didnt rain in Cronulla for 2 hours before kick off, and there was a light sprinkle during the game. Im not buying into this "win games and people will show up" attitude. Its true to an extent, but marketing plays a very big part. Im afraid that a few little ads in the leader announcing this(what should be massive) event, just does not cut it, and the marketing team have received a very big fail and should be rocketed accordingly.
its a double negative newman - see the above point

The presentations are the same old tripe. There are only six players attending, and no band, but they just get up there, make some excuses, hand out the awards, play the song and everyone laps it up.
only positive i see from the presso is for the kids. If kids were not able to attend, i would be all for pissing it off

The reason for the lack of scoreboard is obvious, its so the opposition fans can't chant "look at the score board" when we lose.

sharknows

Bench
Another big problem last night was trying to get into the car park. The western entrance next to the soccer fields wasn't open for the first time ever and all cars had to enter via single entry at the gate right next to the ground. Result 30 minute queue to get into the car park.

I went early so i could watch the NYC, no problems.
Had "mates" who came later on and they didn't get into the ground until the game was well under way. The temp scoreboard wasn't very good, and if your eyesight wasn't 20/20 you would have had a hard time reading the screen.

Ausguy

Coach
i was sitting in the new stand on the western side right on the edge i could see the cars lining up to get in....and i could also see how many ppl were trying to get in at 730.... im sorry but i have no sympathy for ppl who rock up in the 30 minutes prior to kick off to buy a ticket and get into the car park.... i understand that ppl might have other things on prior to the game and cant get there early but dont complain when you cant get in fast enough.

The Dodger

First Grade
even half time in premier league, you can get in without a problem.

i told some mates to make sure they got there an hour before hand, didnt have any issues.

for those that role up between 7-7:30, good luck...

heres my take.

A. the inside walls of the new stand are f**king boring. paint em blue or something.

B. im not sure if some pissed kiarnt whizzed all over the place but the bathroom under the stand was well flooded at half time. so i think they should put in more drains.

C. I like what it looks like though. snuck up and had a look in the under 20's. good viewing.

also. i thought the crowd was a bit wek considering it didnt rain that much and we were 4-1. whats doing shire folk?

Yadamish

Juniors
LED Clocks and scoreboards were installed but not working on Sat night (LED Screens on ET stand - near the name - and below the big screen). They are meant to be working this week.

Apparently the car park stuff up was the contracter not doing their job properly. Should be back to normal arrangements this week.

spider

Coach
as newman said - not good enough zapps!!!

can build a new grand stand - but can t get a farkin time piece that works

absolutely disgraceful imo

no wonder adamson spent so much time on the field - he was their stop watch

I like the look of the new grandstand, got there just after half time of the juniors, had a 5 minute wait for a ticket, and have to say the line was moving rapidly. Heard about the scoreboard and clock out of order and will excuse them for "teething problems". Overall, no complaints except the result of the game.

On a different note, I would have loved the old scoreboard preserved as a historical artefact and put on display in the summertime bar area.