What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Ref inept again

Roosterphin1

Juniors
How the f**k did they award a try to David Williams tonight off the kick from Ballin. He got nowhere near to grounding the ball but because they slow it down so much the video ref gets a frame where the hand is somewhere near the ball which is somewhere near the ground and its a try! But if they have a look they will see the ball bounce as Williams hand rolls off it.....f**k me a ball cant bounce cleanly like a tennis ball if their is downward pressure!!

Gee I hope a team doesnt lose a semi or wosre the GF with a ruling like that.

It's not the video referee's fault. It's just a stupid rule.
Both Manly and Sydney fans agreed with that tonight.

Garts

Bench
It was a try based on the rules. It is a stupid rule that a try like can be awarded but there has been plenty like that which have been awarded this year.

Eelectrica

Referee
Agreed, need to revise the rule end of season to make control a pre-requisite before a try is awarded.
If a team was to lose a GF due to a dodgy try, It's the Dragons. Bennet has Karma to pay back as well ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canberra had the exact same call come up last week against them
cant blame the refs, according the rule books they are suppose to enforce, its a try, but i've said from day dot the rule is absolute garbage and needs changing ASAP

the NRL simplu can not allow the chance for a team to win/lose a semi final/GF on that call, its outragously bad

Patsy

Juniors
being a manly supporter i liked the fact we got the 4 points but it should never have been a try - some sort of control needs to be in place - not the refs fault it is the stupid rules - time for an overhaul of the rule book

scottyeel

Bench
Even Williams when asked by his teammates if he got it down, he was shaking his head sayin "no".

It comes back to the way the rules are enforced. They are trying to put a black and white rule into place, when there is a grey area. If they got rid of the separation rule people would complain about the consistency.

typicalfan

Coach
What it does show is the limitations of the technology we have, on replay you had to give it BOTD based on the rule even though you knew the ball came loose.

stevekh

Juniors
yeah sme i was expecting red lights but there where 6 others that put the roosters away they jst need to change the rules,

fred92

Juniors
Canberra had the exact same call come up last week against them
cant blame the refs, according the rule books they are suppose to enforce, its a try, but i've said from day dot the rule is absolute garbage and needs changing ASAP

the NRL simplu can not allow the chance for a team to win/lose a semi final/GF on that call, its outragously bad
The N.R.L. can do whetever they like and do so on a weekly basis. to the chagrin of League supporters

fred92

Juniors
It was a try based on the rules. It is a stupid rule that a try like can be awarded but there has been plenty like that which have been awarded this year.
Check out Stewarts opening try on the 5 minute mark, Lyon ran ahead of Stewart wrapping up Mason in a bear hug leaving ahuge gap that Stewart exploited giving Sa little chance to stop a rampaging try. Both refs and video missed it ........ I dont think so Williams dropped the ball cold signified to a compatriot he didnt score ............. miss that too NO .

effnic

Bench
Check out Stewarts opening try on the 5 minute mark, Lyon ran ahead of Stewart wrapping up Mason in a bear hug leaving ahuge gap that Stewart exploited giving Sa little chance to stop a rampaging try. Both refs and video missed it ........ I dont think so Williams dropped the ball cold signified to a compatriot he didnt score ............. miss that too NO .

Ok now your just being a little bitch.

stevekh

Juniors
Hey Fred lets just say the roosters got robbed they should of won but the refs stopped them from scoring & also forced those errors leading to Manly tries ahhh is that better?

Latest posts