What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Ref

subsbligh35

Juniors
Does anyone remember playing Shane Warne Cricket on the PSX?

The only thing video ref did was leave you consistently pissed off at the buggy piece of shit game it was.

You'd get awarded run out when half your batsman was completely over the crease. This happened at least once a game and was such shit.

No video ref. It adds nothing to the gameplay and eventually you'd be able to "feel out" when a try would be awarded or not.

twistedbydesign

Juniors
video ref and similar things should be so far from the minds of the makers of the game at this point in time.

RL1 had SO many bugs it was ridiculous, and lead to constant frustration as it determined the result of the game on so many times. I would like a game where...

* if you perform a tackle with a certain graphic, the other 12 players on your team DON'T automatically stand off side.

* send offs arent so ridiculously prevalent

* knock ons arent completely random

* forward passes arent thrown for no reason

* scrums dont equal a certain try

etc etc etc. little neat features are fine but first lets sort out the gameplay, its just not fun playing a game which has glitch after glitch.

Yeah I think there needs to be some more basic work done first.

For example, being able to pause a match at ANY time and look at match stats, player stats, try scorers etc.

Being able to make a sub at any time and being able to swap players' positions while the game is going.

When you're defending you shouldn't automatically fall for dummy's or side steps. It's so frustrating when your fullback falls for a side step when you could have tackled the player.

How come when the computer makes a break you can't chase them down, but they always chase you down?

When you play a season you should be able to look at stats more easily. They should look at a ame like Championship Manager and see how easy it is to scroll through pages and pages of stats in that by simply making everytime linkable.

All these things could be easily fixed I reckon

Kage

Juniors
The fact that a lot of people want this feature might mean something to the developers. I personally dont care whether it's in or not, so long as there is an option to turn it off because I probably wouldnt use it.

But saying that there have been a few times when I have been tackled over the corner post and didnt know if I had scored or not, and the addition of a video ref would have added to the tension of the moment.

Nuke

Staff member
I feel the video ref in 'Cricket 2002' works very well.

I still can't pick whether it's a run-out or safe. Sometimes I think I know, but then you watch it in slow-motion replay, and it's a lot closer than originally thought.

Personally, I'd love to see it included. I wouldn't have the Ref's Call option though!

Monkey

Juniors
yes but its needed in cricket, wouldnt be needed for gettin the ball over the line, only possibly for offside from a kick. Leave it out for this version! maybe in the future when the game needs it.

Latest posts