What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vintage Rugby League Posters

Underdog

Juniors
Does anyone know where I can find vintage rugby league posters from the 30,40.50 or 60's - any teams.

I'm looking for hand drawn/ painted prints/posters similar to the Tooth's pub posters - not team photo's from magazines, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Underdog

Juniors
izzo said:
www.Ebay.com.au/

Thanks Izzo.

I've been going to Ebay for a while now and haven't been able to find them. They seem to have lots of team posters from RLW or BL but that's not what I'm looking for. These are more like the old pub posters that were copies of hand drawn/ painted prints.

izzo

Juniors
Id maybe ring up the Beer Companies? and ask them if they still have prints of the posters.

Matey, those old pub posters are rare and very expensive if they're in good nick.

The old Tooths brewery is closing down on Broadway, very likely they'll have a jumble sale of all sorts of stuff. Other than that I'd suggest garage sales, but you'd have to go to a hell of a lot, or antique stores, a trip to Bowral may unearth something.

If you find a few let me know !

Underdog

Juniors
Bastard_Squad said:
Matey, those old pub posters are rare and very expensive if they're in good nick.

The old Tooths brewery is closing down on Broadway, very likely they'll have a jumble sale of all sorts of stuff. Other than that I'd suggest garage sales, but you'd have to go to a hell of a lot, or antique stores, a trip to Bowral may unearth something.

If you find a few let me know !

Thanks for your reply.

You can buy the old Tooth's pub prints through a company called post-age. Their website is post-age.com - I'm not sure on the price though.

I'm looking for similar but not necessarily pub posters - could be supporter posters. I remember my grandfather giving me an old berries poster when I was a kid (1970's). I'm sure he had stored it away for about 25-30 years before giving it to my grubby little hands - I was too young at the time to appreciate it at the time.