What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Parko1310

Juniors
No. Not at all. Volkman requested the release. He wanted to go as soon as Harris Tavita signed with the club. He was even paid a significant amount of his remaining contract. Warriors didn't have to. Stop it. He could of stuck around and been content with being the 5th choice half. He chose to leave.
You've not read what I said. As his employer at the time of injury, the Warriors were responsible to provide adequate medical treatment/investigation into the extent of the injury. That's where they have failed. Likely because they already knew he was going to leave and so didn't care. It is not their fault Volkman is left without a contract in the slightest, and it is not their fault Volkman wanted to leave. However, they are in no way technically liable as they reported having investigated the injury, albeit not adequately. That's where I am saying they have not been exactly "moral' in this case, because the care for the player was near zero. There is no way you're trying to tell me the Warriors wouldn't have suspected something further was wrong considering he could not even pass a ball properly. In no way am I saying they had to do this. Never said that. However, should they have morally? Maybe. Anyway, we know your agenda on the situation given the username and lack of ability to look at the whole situation that's played out

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You've not read what I said. As his employer at the time of injury, the Warriors were responsible to provide adequate medical treatment/investigation into the extent of the injury. That's where they have failed. Likely because they already knew he was going to leave and so didn't care. It is not their fault Volkman is left without a contract in the slightest, and it is not their fault Volkman wanted to leave. However, they are in no way technically liable as they reported having investigated the injury, albeit not adequately. That's where I am saying they have not been exactly "moral' in this case, because the care for the player was near zero. There is no way you're trying to tell me the Warriors wouldn't have suspected something further was wrong considering he could not even pass a ball properly. In no way am I saying they had to do this. Never said that. However, should they have morally? Maybe. Anyway, we know your agenda on the situation given the username and lack of ability to look at the whole situation that's played out
Timing likely plays into it too. He took the bump on December 12, the club would’ve been about to break for the holiday period so he likely just decided/got told to rest up and they’ll reassess it when they come back after the break. Which would have been a totally reasonable course if he was staying put. Except of course for whatever reason Volkman and his management decided to sign a release on Christmas Eve without getting scans. And then the Dragons compounded the matter by announcing the signing and letting him train without getting it checked out either.

Maximus

Coach
Timing likely plays into it too. He took the bump on December 12, the club would’ve been about to break for the holiday period so he likely just decided/got told to rest up and they’ll reassess it when they come back after the break. Which would have been a totally reasonable course if he was staying put. Except of course for whatever reason Volkman and his management decided to sign a release on Christmas Eve without getting scans. And then the Dragons compounded the matter by announcing the signing and letting him train without getting it checked out either.

But wouldn't/shouldn't they have mentioned that on their report?

A new shoulder injury that hasn't been treated seems like a pretty major thing to leave out. It makes me lean towards there being 2 possibilities. Either he didn't tell them and it got worse due to lack of treatment, or they were trying to hide the extent of the injury.

Shady_Flanno

Juniors
Warriors were responsible to provide adequate medical treatment/investigation into the extent of the injury. That's where they have failed.
There is no duty of care if the former employee asked to be released buddy. Do you not get that part? He wasn't released to the dragons. He was a free agent. Then picked up by the dragons.

if I'm a toy boy, And my shlong got injured during a tea bagging session. Then i ask my client/milf to release me so i cn milk some other cow for cash. She says fu*k off then.
Then i suddenly have erectile dysfunction because my new milf can't fu*k for shit & is butt ugs. Then she drops me. Whose fault is it? No one but me. Volkman took a gamble with his managementand lost out.
It's not the Warrior's or the Dragon's fault.

Trifili13

Juniors
I could be wrong but I would assume there would be plenty of players that trial/train with clubs and if the club like them then they sign them. Otherwise signing a contract with a player you are not sure about would lump the club with an unwanted player on your cap if they did not trial well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

A new shoulder injury that hasn't been treated seems like a pretty major thing to leave out. It makes me lean towards there being 2 possibilities. Either he didn't tell them and it got worse due to lack of treatment, or they were trying to hide the extent of the injury.
the report mentioned shoulder irritation. Until he’s had scans that’s all you’d know. And no way they’d be doing anything surgery wise about it until the new year anyway at that point - so rather than sending him straight in for scans they likely chose to rest and monitor it for a few weeks.

BLM01

First Grade
Isn't it common practice to do a 7day (or so) trial before being offered employment. just to see if you are as qualified as your resume says.
Do people want as to sign & then find out we are stuck with him??
I'm thinking Flanno wasn't happy with him being deceitful in his attempt to hide injury at our expense.
Correct 5 day cooling off before lodging contract. Player has 10 days if his prior club triers to keep him

FrankWhite

Juniors
Come on Frank. I'm sure even you can see there's a huge difference between shoulder irritation on the one hand, and a reconstructed shoulder with two screws pulled out and an inability to pass the ball on the other.
Of course there. Recurring factor it’s Volkmans shoulder
The medical reports are supposed to be provided by a competent professional which can be relied upon by third parties. If whoever wrote the report has missed the shoulder issue, I'd say their diligence is in question, not the Dragons.
It’s a club report of current medical issues. It is NOT a comprehensive medical report, because that it required to be done by the signing clubs. FFS it’s in NRL guidelines.
I'm not sure what policy you think has been violated but I don't put much credence in what the RLPA have to say. They will advocate for the player irrespective of the legalities of the case, and will attack whoever they think will get them the best outcome. I'd be more interested in hearing what the NRL have to say about policy violation. So far they haven't said anything. Maybe there's nothing to say.
The CBA is the agreement that prohibits uncontracted players from training with teams. It’s between the players, the NRLPA, clubs and NRL.

FrankWhite

Juniors
Can someone explain how the dragons do due diligence before he arrives at the club. Lots of speculation about who knew what when but whichever way you look at it, his manager and the warriors don't come out smelling of 🌹
That’s like asking how you can you get a building report done before you buy a house…

FrankWhite

Juniors
Wahs literally mistreated / misdiagnosed his re injury of his shoulder on the 12th of December

Pretty shoddy reporting of a serious injury
Loool. So the Warriors now knew how bad the injury was, and violated NRL rules, NRLPA guidelines, convinced Volkman waive his contracted rights, and reneg on their duty of care?! 😂😂. And the poor Dragons and their poor drug cheat coach were completely innocent?!?

Orr
Wahs: “ how is the shoulder”
Volk “just sore, I’m good”
Wahs “cool”

Matiunz

Juniors

Or option 3 he was told to rest it, did his own extras afterwards and stuffed it more, potentially why he would have kept quiet about it.

Mojo

Bench
There is no duty of care if the former employee asked to be released buddy. Do you not get that part? He wasn't released to the dragons. He was a free agent. Then picked up by the dragons.

if I'm a toy boy, And my shlong got injured during a tea bagging session. Then i ask my client/milf to release me so i cn milk some other cow for cash. She says fu*k off then.
Then i suddenly have erectile dysfunction because my new milf can't fu*k for shit & is butt ugs. Then she drops me. Whose fault is it? No one but me. Volkman took a gamble with his managementand lost out.
This is a very complex hypothetical:
1. Did your client record the contractual value of your shlong?
2. Was there an agreed term to your contract with your client?
3. Did your client know that your shlong had been injured and, if so, did he / she make enquiries as to the severity of your injuries and acknowledge, or even offer, medical assistance?
4. Is it possible your shlong was injured elsewhere?
5. Is you erectile dysfunction possibly functionally related to your original injury?
6. Was your new milf aware of your shlong injury prior to engaging with you?
7. Did your new milf publicly announce your contractual agreement?
8. Did your new milf observe your ability to perform before registration of your new contract?
9. Was the new contract subject to observation of your ability to perform?
10. Does your shlong now feel like chocolate?
11. Do you have a manager and, if so, what knowledge and role did he / she play in the negotiations?
12. Do you have any screws loose?

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Of course there. Recurring factor it’s Volkmans shoulder

It’s a club report of current medical issues. It is NOT a comprehensive medical report, because that it required to be done by the signing clubs. FFS it’s in NRL guidelines.

The CBA is the agreement that prohibits uncontracted players from training with teams. It’s between the players, the NRLPA, clubs and NRL.
What part don't you understand Frank. He was undergoing due diligence testing before being signed as you have pointed out is the responsibility of the signing club, unfortunately he didn't pass and dragons decided not to sign him. End of story for dragons. Maybe his manager is the one who f...ked up in a hurry to get a percentage of the lump sum the warriors strangely paid him.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've had a shoulder reco. sometimes after I've given it a heavy workout it hurts. If it copped a bump it'd hurt more. But I wouldn't necessarily assume I'd re-injured it to the point it required surgery just because it hurt a bit. The only reason I even got it scanned straight away after my initial injury was because it had dislocated so I knew something bad had happened.

St Tangles

Bench
Loool. So the Warriors now knew how bad the injury was, and violated NRL rules, NRLPA guidelines, convinced Volkman waive his contracted rights, and reneg on their duty of care?! 😂😂. And the poor Dragons and their poor drug cheat coach were completely innocent?!?

Orr
Wahs: “ how is the shoulder”
Volk “just sore, I’m good”
Wahs “cool”
Here's your dodgy doctor
Don't worry about your shoulder just aggravated 🤣😂
Failed in his duty of care
Screenshot_20240115_180644_Google.jpg

Kolum Kid

Juniors

I think you've been pulling your slong too much.

St Tangles

Bench
I've had a shoulder reco.

I've given it a heavy workout it hurts. If it copped a bump it'd hurt more. But I wouldn't necessarily assume I'd re-injured it to the point it required surgery just because it hurt a bit. The only reason I even got it scanned straight away after my initial injury was because it had dislocated so I knew something bad had happened.
I've had a shoulder reconstruction left side.
I have had my bicep screwed on after tearing it off right side.
I had one of the screws pop.
The screw coming lose was irritating not overly painful.
When I went to the drs he sent me straight for a scan just in case.

Latest posts