What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Maximus

Coach
I could be wrong but I would assume there would be plenty of players that trial/train with clubs and if the club like them then they sign them. Otherwise signing a contract with a player you are not sure about would lump the club with an unwanted player on your cap if they did not trial well.

Train and trial contracts are an actual contract that gets registered and the player gets paid. Without a contract, players aren't covered by insurance, which is why it's against the rules for players to train without one.

Train and trial contracts are an actual contract that gets registered and the player gets paid. Without a contract, players aren't covered by insurance, which is why it's against the rules for players to train without one.
The more I think about this the more I think that the Saints getting him to train could leave them in a vulnerable situation. I am sure there are some legal types on here, but I do wonder if allowing him to train effectively validates his contract (ie seen as the Saints effectively accepting the terms of the contract).

At worst it opens them up to the claim by both Volkman and the player that his injury was exacerbated by the training. If the last injury report on him before the training was the Warriors ‘mild irritation’, and then after having trained he is out for the year then it is an obvious avenue of claim that training has made his shoulder worse.

BLM01

First Grade
That’s like asking how you can you get a building report done before you buy a house…
You can only get a building report if someone actually goes to the building and closely examine it, then if happy then buy.
This is what the Dragons did in respect to closely examining him including watching him doing training drills. No contact.

You see the CBA allows that to happen as long as they paid him the minimum weekly training wage (used to be $1,000 p/w) and they have followed the agreed medical incoming processes under the WHS agreed rules.

Dragons have likely done nothing illegal nor have the Warriors either and might of signed a deal, agreed to terms and pulled out under the 5 day cooling off before lodging and registering contract as they are entitled to do once he failed the tests or other, as you put it like when you are buying a house but you lose your holding deposit.

Our media dept I agree was to quick to pull the trigger publicly and that falls on the GM and CEO

But yet another Flanno hater is here for all to see and thats is OK but dont also let that get in the way of applying a bit of commonsense and unbias.
If the Dragons did anything wrong illegal it would of come out by now

Lennyb

Juniors
Loool. So the Warriors now knew how bad the injury was, and violated NRL rules, NRLPA guidelines, convinced Volkman waive his contracted rights, and reneg on their duty of care?! 😂😂. And the poor Dragons and their poor drug cheat coach were completely innocent?!?

Orr
Wahs: “ how is the shoulder”
Volk “just sore, I’m good”
Wahs “cool”
Franky talking NRL rules and obligations.

Last time I looked medical professionals follow a different code.

Any club dealing with Warriors from now on will be very very wary.

A new low has been set.

FrankWhite

Juniors
You can only get a building report if someone actually goes to the building and closely examine it, then if happy then buy.
This is what the Dragons did in respect to closely examining him including watching him doing training drills. No contact.

You see the CBA allows that to happen as long as they paid him the minimum weekly training wage (used to be $1,000 p/w) and they have followed the agreed medical incoming processes under the WHS agreed rules.

Dragons have likely done nothing illegal nor have the Warriors either and might of signed a deal, agreed to terms and pulled out under the 5 day cooling off before lodging and registering contract as they are entitled to do once he failed the tests or other, as you put it like when you are buying a house but you lose your holding deposit.

Our media dept I agree was to quick to pull the trigger publicly and that falls on the GM and CEO

But yet another Flanno hater is here for all to see and thats is OK but dont also let that get in the way of applying a bit of commonsense and unbias.
If the Dragons did anything wrong illegal it would of come out by now
Agree. Dragons as a club are above board. Flanno and your media guy pushing boundaries, but to be expected.

TBH the entire blame falls on Volkman, he knew the condition of his shoulder.

FrankWhite

Juniors
Franky talking NRL rules and obligations.

Last time I looked medical professionals follow a different code.

Any club dealing with Warriors from now on will be very very wary.

A new low has been set.
Lool. Which medical professions failed which code?

Every forum has the dunce…

SnowDragon

Juniors
Much of what you say would be true, except the Warriors provided a medical certificate saying his big issue is sinusitis, and there's some shoulder irritation. Then, when he gets to his new club it turns out his shoulder is like chocolate and he can't pass a ball properly. The Dragons rightly felt they've been given a misleading medical report.

Volkman certainly would have known the shoulder was an issue, and what the consequences of that probably were. What happens after that, well who knows. It's possible Volkman didn't tell the Warriors and underplayed the extent of his injury. But if his shoulder went on the 12th December, as has been reported, I think it's unlikely that the Warriors didn't know there was a problem. I feel it's more likely they did know, but chose not to do anything. In terms of his Manager, it's also possible he wasn't aware of the injury. If he was, surely his advice would have been to stay with the Warriors.

I really don't see that the Dragons have done anything wrong. Volkman and Warriors, not so sure.

i Think im with you on this one Johno.

if the dragons noticed there was an issue during the first training run / or medical test as we call it, then surely the warriors would have seen enough to get concerned And run tests. the fact that they didn’t can easily Be interpreted as hiding the facts. What’s the alternative? Volkman hid it from them? Didn’t realise it was so bad?

all that said, clearly the dragons announced prematurely, not a huge crime, but silly.
the dragons potentially broke rules by letting Volkman train. Alternatively though, maybe it was just part of his medical test, and they wanted pics to publish him joining under the assumption that the warriors report was correct/honest evaluation.

SnowDragon

Juniors
There is no duty of care if the former employee asked to be released buddy. Do you not get that part? He wasn't released to the dragons. He was a free agent. Then picked up by the dragons.

if I'm a toy boy, And my shlong got injured during a tea bagging session. Then i ask my client/milf to release me so i cn milk some other cow for cash. She says fu*k off then.
Then i suddenly have erectile dysfunction because my new milf can't fu*k for shit & is butt ugs. Then she drops me. Whose fault is it? No one but me. Volkman took a gamble with his managementand lost out.
It's not the Warrior's or the Dragon's fault.
That 1st “if” of the 2nd paragraph is sounding a little questionable ;)

TheRev

Coach
This doesn’t add up, there’s more information we don’t know I bet. Put yourself in Volkman’s shoes - he must have known his injury was a worry yet he pursued a release from a firm contract? all so to move from a contender club to a battler club? not logical is it?
Yep I suspect he had no idea it was as bad as it was (just figuring it needed time to heal).. because even if he was trying to 'hoodwink us' for probably a far better $$ contract.. he could have kept that warriors contract running until the new one was finalised... which is what's meant to happen....

Maximus

Coach
The more I think about this the more I think that the Saints getting him to train could leave them in a vulnerable situation. I am sure there are some legal types on here, but I do wonder if allowing him to train effectively validates his contract (ie seen as the Saints effectively accepting the terms of the contract).

At worst it opens them up to the claim by both Volkman and the player that his injury was exacerbated by the training. If the last injury report on him before the training was the Warriors ‘mild irritation’, and then after having trained he is out for the year then it is an obvious avenue of claim that training has made his shoulder worse.

Given the Dragons report suggests the injury happened on the 12th December, Volkman has obviously told them that's when he reinjured it, so it'd be difficult for him to now come back and argue that actually he got injured at the Dragons training.

Maximus

Coach

If we signed him to a train and trial contract, that contract would have been registered.

possm

Coach

The idea to announce the signing and them invite him to train with our squad are big mistake and the fault should be shouldered by Haran, Head of Football.

How long do we have to put up with this guy?

Latest posts