What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

BLM01

First Grade
Flanno has some cup halves in mind (we should find out next week).. im not sure we would get Pezet even if we could guarantee him a 1st grade jersey (which we wont with Hunt/KFlan in place).

imo.. it has to be an experienced 21-27yr old kid who has no realistic 1st grade aspirations this year... who is willing to start out in NSW Cup, and who we can entice to leave immediately for a big pay increase (we have the money).. and them knowing that they are 100% going to be playing first grade this year.. its just a matter of when.

The reality for us is if we get 1 more injury to our spine.. particularly halves or hooker.. we have to start shuffling the deck, pulling players out of position to field a 1st grade side.. whoever we sign could easily end up starting in the halves or as a 14.
Is that Pezet from Melbourne? I like him. Now your talkin....

BLM01

First Grade
Thats not the half we are talking too, I think you guys need to set your bars lower :p
Does not matter does not get a start in Melbourne either. We should target him. Better half then Flanno. Jonah looks the goods. Which half are you referring to?

TheRev

First Grade
I'm hearing we have our replacement already for volkman, but dont want to comment on who until its all finalised.. but set your expectation bar a little lower than volkman.. and way below pezet... but will give us the depth we need.

The Volkman thing might become a legal battle though.. some dodgy stuff has gone down there.. but I would have thought the NRL and RLPA could figure out whos done the wrong thing.. as it sounds like potentially Volkman has ended up with neither contract as it stands.. and its why I was confused when this was first announced.. I was sure another club had to pick up those 2 years.. you cant just null and void a contract. I think Volkman has had some really bad advice in this whole situation... hopefully the Warriors still have to pay him, as I dont think it can be us if his contract was subject to passing medicals, which is completely standard.. like doing a building and pest inspection after your bid on a house is accepted.

BIG RIG

Juniors
I'm hearing we have our replacement already for volkman, but dont want to comment on who until its all finalised.. but set your expectation bar a little lower than volkman.. and way below pezet... but will give us the depth we need.

The Volkman thing might become a legal battle though.. some dodgy stuff has gone down there.. but I would have thought the NRL and RLPA could figure out whos done the wrong thing.. as it sounds like potentially Volkman has ended up with neither contract as it stands.. and its why I was confused when this was first announced.. I was sure another club had to pick up those 2 years.. you cant just null and void a contract. I think Volkman has had some really bad advice in this whole situation... hopefully the Warriors still have to pay him, as I dont think it can be us if his contract was subject to passing medicals, which is completely standard.. like doing a building and pest inspection after your bid on a house is accepted.
Any small hints on who the replacement may be without name dropping him

BLM01

First Grade

"you cant just null and void a contract". Yes they can (both parties) if they agree or a player did something wrong

"but dont want to comment on who until its all finalised.. but set your expectation bar a little lower than volkman"
Why not tell us what you read elsewhere. If you a right and the bar is low who cares if it does not come off..in fact I may celebrate if we miss out.
It is not as if we have not had disappointment so far this off season or you will be lambasted for a rumour that does not come true. The media do it all the time. We are used to crossing rumours off one by one as they fail. :)

TheRev

First Grade
Why not tell us what you read elsewhere. If you a right and the bar is low who cares if it does not come off..in fact I may celebrate if we miss out.
It is not as if we have not had disappointment so far this off season or you will be lambasted for a rumour that does not come true. The media do it all the time. We are used to crossing rumours off one by one as they fail. :)
I dont want to give up a friend, its literally happened this arvo... but I thought it might ease some minds to know that we already have our replacement... and i'm not sure if the 10day thing is relevant as he's not an NRL player... so legal issues aside with Volkman, hopefully we can move on next week.. we have plenty of other recruitment issues to resolve yet.

blacksafake

First Grade
I dont want to give up a friend, its literally happened this arvo... but I thought it might ease some minds to know that we already have our replacement... and i'm not sure if the 10day thing is relevant as he's not an NRL player... so legal issues aside with Volkman, hopefully we can move on next week.. we have plenty of other recruitment issues to resolve yet.
Queensland cup or NSW bush

Parko1310

Juniors
Please not Wakeham.. god help us if it is

thebigredv

First Grade
Stand by for some unwanted halfback like Brandon Wakeham or Blake Austin….
Blake Austin for a year would be great at this stage. Says more about where we are in desperation stakes than how good a player he is but he can hold his own in an NRL match and has experience. Also did well overseas.

If it were to be him, which is unlikely anyway, i'd be fine with it.

Latest posts