What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Yeah - surprise surprise
Wish they'd coffed up earlier
Would have saved 22 pages of 'Bush Lawyer' input on this thread!
We should all be sending our invoices in to the wahs as we speak!

We gave them the good oil and they ignored us and got into trouble.

Their reputation is in tatters, all that noble co vid work undone.

Thanks for everyone’s support and kind wishes in recent times.

Last edited:
I grew up around the trotting game & Blacks A Flake was a champion pacer about 15 years ago.
Yeah I think I lost money on him many times.

After many years of punting (for fun), I only bet on Harness and the dishlickers.

Forget the thoroughbreds. No value there and tbh the people in harness and dogs are pretty good and 99.99% take care of their animals properly and they hate owners and trainers who don’t.

Last edited:
I grew up around the trotting game & Blacks A Flake was a champion pacer about 15 years ago.
I have multiple vices, but harness & horse racing are not included, hence my curiosity regarding ur username.
Good story - Thank you.
Mine was supposed to be "The hound of the Dragon" (Game of thrones) but I must have been thinking about one of my old dogs called Zolton (Named after 1970's movie 'Zoltan - Hound of Dracula') and typed the wrong username.

blacksafake

First Grade
Yeah I think I lost money on him many times.

After many years of punting (for fun), I only bet on Harness and the dishlickers.

Forget the thoroughbreds. No value there and tbh the people in harness and dogs are pretty good and 99.99% take care of their animals properly and they hate owners and trainers who don’t.
How could you lose money on him ?
He was a champ & 4 time interdom winner

Dragon David

First Grade
The Wahs should have done this when he was on their books and after rehab, he either could have stayed with that club or signed elsewhere with his shoulder all good. He was a damaged product when he came to us and his contract to be registered was subject to a clean bill of health. To me while it looks good that the Wahs are helping to pay for the costs, it was after Clint Newton had a go that he could see that Volkman wasn't medically fit to join us going from the reports and the Wahs now feel guilty in my opinion that they did not make sure that he was not damaged before releasing him. Volkman and his manager also knew about the "niggles" I feel sure.

As Flanno said, in all of his 20 years as the head coach he has not had a player come to either the Sharks and now Dragons with a medical problem requiring surgery.

getsmarty

Immortal
Under the new rules governing clubs, the NRL and players, a player's previous club in some instances can still be required to cover the expense of medical procedures for players.

This is one of those cases after Volkman sought and gained a release from the Warriors in December from the final two years of his deal to sign a one-year contract with the Dragons.

getsmarty

Immortal
Yep, same here @getsmarty
This is actually the first post I've made in several weeks, but, like you, I will be restricting info etc this year.

There are very good people on the forum, who mean well and express their opinions/mail openly and freely. I hope these guys continue to post and enjoy themselves without vitriol.

We've had some awesome posters on here, some with excellent insider knowledge, some with humor both intended and unintended, and some with great knowledge of the game. Alas, they all seemed to have moved on, and I understand why.

Anyways, GS keep posting as you are an awesome contributer and a true gentleman.

Well stated and thankyou for your kind words @Dragonslayer .

Have always enjoyed your input here so please hang around.

I hope you and all your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and wishing you every success for 24 ...including a few more wins for all us tragic's.

getsmarty

Immortal
Some good observations..

The warriors don’t admit liability but pay anyway.

Call me a cynic, but it’s a bit like Prince Andrew paying off that lady he’d supposedly never met.

Clint doesn’t have to call his general strike now and can go back the issue of the dogs players sleeping in entitlements.

Latest posts