What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote for rugby league

innsaneink

Referee
ootball World Cup Qualifier - Australia v Uruguay 2005 84.93%84.93%
Rugby Union - Bledisloe Cup 2001 Game 2 0.8%0.8%
Cricket - World Cup 1999 Semi Final Aus v Sth Africa 6.02%6.02%
Basketball - FIBA Women's Final 2006 2.4%2.4%
Rugby League - Kangaroos 2003 Ashes Game 1 3.41%3.41%
Cricket - World Cup 2003 Final 0.8%0.8%
Rugby Union - Wallabies v Lions 2001 Game 2 0.6%0.6%
Cricket - Women's World Cup 2005 1.0%1.0%

Saint Doc

Coach
The soccer definately deserves to win that poll, honestly. I cant even remember the league game that is there to vote for.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think the 2006 TN final is more worthy TBH. I wasn't even aware we called our RL series the Ashes... did they burn the ball or something?

For that poll, the football world cup qualifier is the clear winner, no two ways about it.

brendothejet

First Grade
timmah if you don't know that the GB vs Aus series are known as the AShes then you are the biggest twit who has ever claimed to love rugby league in australia.

this isnt a vote for which sport is better , just which victory. That ashes game was great but it hardly could be compared to the soccer.

innsaneink

Referee
LOL :lol:

Its only been that way for 100 or so years.

RL adopted "The Ashes" name from cricket, one of many such traditions borrowed.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I voted the 1999 Cricket WC game vs South Africa, that was great viewing. Can't remember the league game, so I am not voting for it.

Timmah

Staff member
I think it's crap if we've adopted that name. It's a cricket tradition. We didn't burn anything in Rugby League from what I know... just a steal from cricket.

Ah well. It's not that widely publicised that it's known as The Ashes... from what I've seen.

Call me what you will.

Timmah

Staff member
brendo, are you going to crucify everyone in this thread who hasn't remembered that Ashes game?

greeneyed

First Grade
Timmah said:
I think the 2006 TN final is more worthy TBH. I wasn't even aware we called our RL series the Ashes... did they burn the ball or something?

For that poll, the football world cup qualifier is the clear winner, no two ways about it.

:shock:

What planet have you been on?

The soccer world cup qualifier? Who would even think that QUALIFYING for a tournament could match winning one? If I wasn't voting for the only rugby league choice, I would be voting for the Cricket World Cup WIN.

wittyfan

Referee
Soccer is played in every country in the world. Getting to the final 32 was actually an achievement.

greeneyed

First Grade
I reckon some of Australia's Davis Cup victories would have to be better than QUALIFYING for a tournament... where's the perspective?

Also, Timmah... just because you've never heard of it, you think we should turn over a hundred years of tradition and STOP calling the Australia/Great Britain series in football "The Ashes"?

greeneyed

First Grade
How can the Tri Nations be the Ashes Series? One involves Australia/Great Britain and New Zealand. The other involveds Australia and Great Britain.

Latest posts