What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote for rugby league

Charlie124

First Grade
Ill admit im one of the ones who thought they must have meant Tri-nations, had no idea there was an Ashes in RL as well. :?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
greeneyed said:
:shock:

What planet have you been on?

The soccer world cup qualifier? Who would even think that QUALIFYING for a tournament could match winning one? If I wasn't voting for the only rugby league choice, I would be voting for the Cricket World Cup WIN.

:lol: Tell that to 20 milllion Australians.

greeneyed

First Grade
Steven Gerrard said:
:lol: Tell that to 20 milllion Australians.

Tonio... where do you get a figure of 20 million from. 20 million who care about soccer in this country??

miccle

Bench
People didn't know Aus vs Gb in league was called the Ashes? Blimey.. I'm quite shocked tbh!

I remember that game vividly - in fact I remember that WHOLE SERIES so damn well, every single game was incredible to watch.. and none better than this game. Morely marched in the opening stages, GB's awesome determination throughout the 80 mins before some freakish attack saw the Roos win in the dying moments.

Every single game of the 2003 Ashes was well worth getting up at around 5am for. Every single one of them...

Copa

Bench
Timmah said:
I think it's crap if we've adopted that name. It's a cricket tradition. We didn't burn anything in Rugby League from what I know... just a steal from cricket.

Ah well. It's not that widely publicised that it's known as The Ashes... from what I've seen.

Call me what you will.
The rugby league ashes have been played since 1908. It's very well established.

Copa

Bench
Charlie124 said:
Ill admit im one of the ones who thought they must have meant Tri-nations, had no idea there was an Ashes in RL as well. :?
Over 40 RL ashes series have been played since 1908.

It's a very well established part of the sport rugby league.. I'm amazed you are ignorant of it.

Charlie124

First Grade
If i was voting for favourite sport then id obviously vote the RL option but the qualifying for the soccer world cup was a much much bigger deal for australian sport, something that hadnt been achieved for something like 30+ years.

still voted RL though

Misty Bee

First Grade
bullsh*t! The ratings were nowhere near Origin/GF ratings. Australia has so many great sporting moments, getting to the top 32 in something is nowhere near any of them.

How about Laver's grand slam?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Just had a gander - what a load of horsesh*t! 3 games of cricket - one womens - 2 yawnion games, and not even the very best of League....
Poxsport once again thinking that it's audience has single digit IQ's.

America's Cup, anyone?

LESStar58

Referee
I just voted......we are now running 2nd!

Its my choice of any great astralian sporting victory any day of the week! Great game that had everything!

Copa

Bench
I just voted again.... and again... for the rugby league

I wanna see that game again...

Bumble

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
bullsh*t! The ratings were nowhere near Origin/GF ratings. Australia has so many great sporting moments, getting to the top 32 in something is nowhere near any of them.

Australia v Uruguay Ratings: 2.48 Million

2006 Grand Final: 2.552 Million

SOO 2006: 2.01 Million

Yeah, nowhere near. :roll:

Latest posts