What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote for rugby league

griff

Bench
Can't believe you people haven't heard of the Ashes, what are you, 12?

The 90, 92 and 94 Ashes series should be required viewing for anyone who claims to be a rugby league fan.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Oztam figures. Biased against NRL for regional reasons.

Also, the NRL and SOO were only shown at a reasonable hour in NSW, QLD and Melbourne. For country VIC, SA, NT, WA and Tas, they never got it before 11pm.

The soccer was live everywhere. So, on average, it was half as popular as the footy!

gaterooze

Bench
Fox Sports said:
Vote for your favourite victory below and Fox Sports will show the four most popular on Australia Day

I would love to see that RL Ashes game again, so vote people!

russ13

First Grade
If the regionals are added the 2006 NRL GF got just on 4 million TV viewers & each of the SOOs around about 3 million. (Go to the TV ratings thread on the Fight Club forum.)

If you look at the dates of the games only the soccer ws in the past two years. It should be more popular because it's something more people will remember. Even the league Test was just over three years ago and it seems like a long time ago now. Lockyer was fullback and in his first series as skipper, Anthony Minichiello was on the wing, Phil Bailey played in the centres and Richard Villasanti was in the squad. Plus it was played in England and not many would have seen it live at the time.

greenhat

Juniors
in terms of what they achieved, surely the womens basketball is no1
beating out the USA and Russia in basketball to be the best in the world is a hell of an achievement in what is a pretty big international sport

making it to the top 32 of soccer was only exciting for everyone cause it had been so long, and cause SBS had been going on about it for their entire existence
sure its the world game, but making the top 32 isnt really -that- impressive
there were some pretty nuffy teams who made that 32

trinidad and tobago anybody?

I went to that Uraguay game. Nothing will ever compare too it. Best sporting event I have ever been too. Any Origin and our GF's wont even come close. And that's coming from a huge League Fan.

greeneyed

First Grade
A qualifying match for a soccer tournament isn't even close to any Grand Final IMO.

Plus we need some more votes for the rugby league. :)

Wests is Best

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
I voted the 1999 Cricket WC game vs South Africa, that was great viewing. Can't remember the league game, so I am not voting for it.

Me too. That Cricket match was awesome!
the Socceroos game was good to, but it's too recent to want to see again

gaterooze

Bench
Wow, the cricket fans and women have come out to vote -- the Kangaroos game is a close fifth now! C'mon guys, vote, I want to see that ashes game again...

spider

Coach
Timmah said:
I think it's crap if we've adopted that name. It's a cricket tradition. We didn't burn anything in Rugby League from what I know

We have burnt the English quite a few times - especially with those last minute victories.

greeneyed

First Grade
Just read in the Sunday Telegraph, courtesy of Rebecca Wilson, that we are not in the top four... indeed, Rebecca's small story doesn't even mention that rugby league is an option... only mentions the Wallabies are missing out. Women's cricket and basketball are both in the top four...

C'mon and vote rugby league!!!! Not long to go now!!!

wittyfan

Referee
Wallabies are way behind with 7.93% for the second Bledisloe Cup game of 2001 and 2.46% for the second Lions game of 2001.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From the voting table:

Vote for your favourite victory below and Fox Sports will show the four most popular on Australia Day

Football World Cup Qualifier - Australia v Uruguay 2005 33.66%
Cricket - Women's World Cup 2005 14.09%
Basketball - FIBA Women's Final 2006 13.79%
Cricket - World Cup 1999 Semi Final Aus v Sth Africa 13.13%
Rugby League - Kangaroos 2003 Ashes Game 1 10.97%
Rugby Union - Bledisloe Cup 2001 Game 2 7.93%
Cricket - World Cup 2003 Final 3.94%
Rugby Union - Wallabies v Lions 2001 Game 2 2.46%

greeneyed

First Grade
Football World Cup Qualifier - Australia v Uruguay 2005 33.49%
Rugby Union - Bledisloe Cup 2001 Game 2 8.09%
Cricket - World Cup 1999 Semi Final Aus v Sth Africa 13.08%
Basketball - FIBA Women's Final 2006 13.74%
Rugby League - Kangaroos 2003 Ashes Game 1 11.15%
Cricket - World Cup 2003 Final 3.95%
Rugby Union - Wallabies v Lions 2001 Game 2 2.46%
Cricket - Women's World Cup 2005 14.0%

_Johnsy

Referee
I only voted league as I want to see a game on oz day, afterall still a few weeks to go & I need a fix