What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Brisbane Suncorp Stadium 7.50pm Friday 22nd April

Reynolds to Build on Return Outing

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis

Sat 16th April, 10:05AM
A A

Following his return to the field from injury, Rabbitohs halfback Adam Reynolds, is looking to build on his game this week before heading to Brisbane to take on the Broncos in Round 8 of the NRL.

Reynolds last night returned to the action against the Cowboys after overcoming a cracked jaw sustained in Souths’ Round 1 victory over the Sydney Roosters.

While the result didn’t go the way of the men in Red and Green, Reynolds showed promising signs in his first match in six weeks, renewing his partnership with five-eighth, Luke Keary at the scrum-base.

“It felt good (being back) – it burns always sitting on the sideline watching the boys,” said Reynolds.

“There (were) patches there where I thought I was good and there was patches there where I thought I was a bit rusty, so it’s just about ironing out those creases and putting a solid performance for 80 minutes.”

“We’ve just got to be clinical in everything we do at training and away from training we need to be good as well – they’re (Brisbane) are another classy outfit .”

According to Reynolds, he and his teammates will review their Round 7 game against the Cowboys this weekend in preparation for the upcoming clash against the 2015 runners-up.

“There’s always something you can take out of that game,” said Reynolds of the Cowboys game.

“We’ll get back in tomorrow, do a bit of video and come in Monday with a fresh mind heading up to Brisbane.

“Obviously not the result we’re after. I thought we were right into it up until half-time – things were going well until we turned over a lot of ball and the execution wasn’t too crash hot and a few kicks didn’t go to plan – it’s something to work on.”

To watch the full interview, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/04/16/reynolds_to_build_on.af_news.html

Rsag85

Bench
aj is injury proned and when he is on the paddock he seems invisible,ile add that ar looks out of shape looks podgy

AJ is injury proned? Yea only having one injury in his career makes him injury prone :sarcasm:

Man serious you got think before you type this rubbish.

doyen

Bench
If we can just get an 80 pt turnaround we should just pip the Broncs next game!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths don't seem to have a game plan this year.

It's like they're lost on the field just like the way the Raiders are playing today with no game plan.

Madge talks about our structures. Well what structures, we've loooked like a rabble with some guys disinterested.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Gonna take a massive effort to take on the Broncos. They're in red hot form but as we've seen in the past, doesn't matter how the last few weeks have gone so long as you show up on gameday.

We've got a 3 game winning streak at Suncorp, however we all remember the last time we played the Broncos at the SFS last year. Disgusting performance and i'm sure the boys will be pumped and looking to make up for that effort as well as last week's.

As for changes in the squad, i'm not too sure. I'd definitely take out Auva'a so hopefully AJ is back. If not, bring in Oldfield, who's shown a lot of promise in the games he's played.

Halves should stay the same, Keary looked much more comfortable at 5/8 and another week with Reyno can only be good.

The forwards is really where things get complicated. Imo I think we should stick Sam back at prop while the rest of our front rowers get back into the groove. Not the way I want it but I think that's how it should be. Someone get the twins some glue on their hands ffs.

Start one of the twins and one on the bench. Sam starts at prop and moves to the backrow later on but plays the full 80.

McInnes to start but interchange with Cook earlier. We really need Cook snooping around the ruck getting metres and penalties.

Carter, Turner and Clark starting back row with Brown and Grevsmuhl off the bench for impact. Carter to play most of the game and add an attacking spark on the right while Turner and Clark tighten up the defence.

Tyrrell goes back to the Bears for a few weeks.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston/Michael Oldfield
3. Bryson Goodwin
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Aaron Gray
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George/Tom Burgess
9. Cam McInnes
10. Sam Burgess
11. Paul Carter
12. Kyle Turner