What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Canturbury,ANZ Stadium 7.45pm Friday 2nd September

alien

Referee
Oh. What were his stats.

I couldn't say I saw heaps of him in the match.

he was only on for 33 mins but made 97 metres from 10 hit ups. he was running very hard with a lot of his hit ups, and made some good off loads. his conversion attempt at the end was funny. weren't you at the game???

Rabbits20

Immortal
he was only on for 33 mins but made 97 metres from 10 hit ups. he was running very hard with a lot of his hit ups, and made some good off loads. his conversion attempt at the end was funny. weren't you at the game???
Were you at the game??? Was there lots of SOUTHS supporters????

I finished work at 7pm. Couldn't make it in time.

That then was a good performance from Brown. I stand corrected.

What a fitting end for Joe.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Penrith beat Moanly we won't finish in the bottom 4.

So it won't be so bad after all we hope lol.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Great win by the boys and I'm so happy with our last month of footy. Good stepping stone for 2017.

So much improvement in some players and hopefully they can back that up. Sad to see the likes of Brown and Joe leave but im sure we'll find able replacements.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great win by the boys and I'm so happy with our last month of footy. Good stepping stone for 2017.

So much improvement in some players and hopefully they can back that up. Sad to see the likes of Brown and Joe leave but im sure we'll find able replacements.
Geez those Dogs are filthy grubs.

Glad we pulled their pants down!!!!

Woofy7

Juniors
Two key points that I enjoyed about the last for weeks are as follows
# our attitude towards the last four games was exceptional especially when we have had nothing to play for, so hard to perform at that standard when your third last.
# secondly, McGuire has some critics back tracking and eating their words. He always throughout his entire Souths career gets us firing at the right end of the season. It was just a shame we couldn't acquire enough points to make the semis.

We won 3/8 of our games (9 wins, 15 losses).

To be 50% we needed three more wins.

* Gold Coast lost by 1 in Gp.
* Storm lost by 1 in gp
* Dragons and Panthers lost by 2.

Better attitude, and we are in the 8.

It's all moot and we weren't good enough in 2016.

Still, blooded some youngsters, weeded out some nuffs and towards the end recovered their mojo.

Seeing some harmony in that team circle at the end was bloody great too.

doyen

Bench
Two key points that I enjoyed about the last for weeks are as follows
# our attitude towards the last four games was exceptional especially when we have had nothing to play for, so hard to perform at that standard when your third last.
# secondly, McGuire has some critics back tracking and eating their words. He always throughout his entire Souths career gets us firing at the right end of the season. It was just a shame we couldn't acquire enough points to make the semis.

My beef with Madge is that he was too slow on the uptake in allowing Sths players off their reins.

As soon as it was evident that Sths were only an outside chance of making the 8 Madge should have buried his usual bland approach & encouraged the team to chuck the ball around more. This could,& should have happened about 6 or 8 wks before it did. It only became obvious that Madge had given his OK for the team to enjoy their footy a few wk's back--this was about 6 or more wks too late!!!
There are always upsets at the tail-end of seasons when the "losers",without any pressure,cause problems for the better performing teams jostling for top 4 & 8 posses due to their unbridled new approach!!

My beef with Madge is that he was too slow on the uptake in allowing Sths players off their reins.

As soon as it was evident that Sths were only an outside chance of making the 8 Madge should have buried his usual bland approach & encouraged the team to chuck the ball around more. This could,& should have happened about 6 or 8 wks before it did. It only became obvious that Madge had given his OK for the team to enjoy their footy a few wk's back--this was about 6 or more wks too late!!!
There are always upsets at the tail-end of seasons when the "losers",without any pressure,cause problems for the better performing teams jostling for top 4 & 8 posses due to their unbridled new approach!!
Totally agree Doyen,and that Aaron Gray Bull keeps on proving he is a dud doesn't he,what a goer he is , love his energy and toughness ,seems a natural left centre

Woofy7

Juniors
All over social media Souths players are wishing Nathan brown all the best for next year..... Was wondering why nothing mentioned of Joe Burgess. Something we don't know??? Is he staying???? A lot o work to do in handling department but would come in handy next year for sure!!!