What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Cowboys 🤠 Rd5 2022

Rich102

Staff member
My problem with this fuss is that nobody but the referees could hear him.
Publicising the incident is creating the problem.
Someone from the NRL should have taken him, and his coach, aside and telling him it was wrong plus a warning.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
But it was heard on the refs mics, right? I see people's point - that if the mics weren't there, it wouldn't have been heard. But he wasn't bigoted enough to say it, it wouldn't have been heard either. I'd rather hear it and have the conversation about how damaging that phrase and homophobia - casual or intentional - can be. You can't have it both ways and want strong access to players, refs mics to hear what is going on (which media pay big money for with the rights) then cherry pick what stuff we should be hearing on there.

I also don't buy into the 'it must happen all the time but he was the only one to be heard, so it's unlucky' stuff. That's a bit 'oh but he was doing it as well miss' sort of school grounds stuff. Sort of like if I'm speeding, then no matter whether anyone else on the road is, I'm culpable.

I would like to see him get a fine, do some community service or guidance as to why homophobia is incredibly damaging to people.