What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Knights Barlow Park,Cairns Sunday

Rabbits20

Immortal
Some of those penalties were a bit harsh. He always goes hard when he's on there.[/QUOTE

After a couple of penalties go against you, you have to play smarter as the ref will look more to penalize you. Even if the penalties are a bit harsh Te'o has to play smarter. For Queensland Te'o made 8-10 hit ups and was running with purpose and making tackles without giving away penalties and he only played off the bench about 35 mins. He plays longer minutes for us and I will like him to put in 100percent.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It will be a very tough match I'm expecting the Knights to aim up and the Knights forwards have been quite solid the last few weeks. Our ball handling and kicking game need to be on otherwise it will be tough.

southsport

First Grade
Yep, its me, for better or worse.

psst don't let that other fellow know we are here.....ok

(you know the one I mean)

Yeah, I know, he's on "the pride".........strange bunch of Souths supporters in there, some aren't very friendly.........and they say "the warren" is worse.

Big Sam

First Grade
I've been getting the same sort of vibes from Teo, hope he lifts his game because we sure are gunna need him.

In all honesty, Te'o's been a massive disappointment. Yes he's been more consistent than Taylor who he replaced, but I cannot remember one standout game of his in 1.5 seasons.

In all honesty, Te'o's been a massive disappointment. Yes he's been more consistent than Taylor who he replaced, but I cannot remember one standout game of his in 1.5 seasons.

He defence has improved under Maguire,but saying that,his attack under Maguire has been stifled

southsport

First Grade

I think the same, but some people love his style of play, they like his aggression. He gave away five penalties against the raiders.

hurricane57

Juniors
Yeah, I know, he's on "the pride".........strange bunch of Souths supporters in there, some aren't very friendly.........and they say "the warren" is worse.

Mate, in the end I couldn't be bothered with that site - specially that one guy - I watched you endlessly attempting dialogue with him and I kept thinking, give up Southy, this guy is not capable of holding any sort of conversation, although he claims all posts are directed at him.

'nuff said, onwards and upwards, always a pleasure Southy old chappy.

southsport

First Grade
Mate, in the end I couldn't be bothered with that site - specially that one guy - I watched you endlessly attempting dialogue with him and I kept thinking, give up Southy, this guy is not capable of holding any sort of conversation, although he claims all posts are directed at him.

Lol.......I was trying my best to gee him up but it got the better of me in the end........no ones posted on the other site since the 17th.

Should I try and get doyen over here?

rabbitohs95

Bench

I remember reading through multiple threads (but i was never able to log on as a member for some reason) and half the stuff posted there was rubbish. Much better here.

It's good seeing a few ex Warreners with some good discussion lately, the last few months have been quiet.

hurricane57

Juniors
Lol.......I was trying my best to gee him up but it got the better of me in the end........no ones posted on the other site since the 17th.

Should I try and get doyen over here?

I can't see how you can encourage Doyen without getting 'he who must not be named' here.

So I guess that's a no then hahaha to great a risk.

hurricane57

Juniors
I remember reading through multiple threads (but i was never able to log on as a member for some reason) and half the stuff posted there was rubbish. Much better here.

It's good seeing a few ex Warreners with some good discussion lately, the last few months have been quiet.

I agree, no interesting dialogue at all. hope this:p site's better - looks good so far.:cool:

Sam – Shoulder Improving Day by Day

Words: Tom Skolarikis I Video: Chris Beavon
Thu 31st July, 12:40PM A A

After an injury scare on Monday night in Canberra, Rabbitohs forward Sam Burgess is positive about getting back onto the field this Sunday afternoon in Cairns when the Rabbitohs take on the Newcastle Knights at Barlow Park.
The English international returned to Sydney early on Monday to have scans on his shoulder following a tackle in the Rabbitohs’ round 20 match against the Raiders.
After receiving positive news, Burgess says he is working hard with Rabbitohs medical staff to play in the Big Show @ Barlow.
“The shoulder feels okay,” said Burgess.
“The scans came back better than they expected – no surgery needed – so I’m working hard with the medical staff to try and get right. It’s improving day by day.
“We’ll just see how it goes, Madge has given me as long as possible. I’ll travel with the team and I’ll probably do some tests on Saturday so I’ll know a little more then.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2014/07/31/sam_shoulder_improving_day_by_day.html

GI Cordial

Juniors
I hope Sam sits this one out and they bring his brother Luke in cause we are going to need him against Manly the following week.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I hope Sam sits this one out and they bring his brother Luke in cause we are going to need him against Manly the following week.

100% agreed my preferred squad is;

1. Greg Inglis (c)
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dylan Walker
4. Kirisome Auva'a
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Dave Tyrrell
11. Kyle Turner
12. Chris McQueen
13. Jason Clark

14. Ben Lowe
15. Joe Picker
16. Luke Burgess
17. Tom Burgess

souths_pride

Juniors
I don't think it's likely with Te'o suspended.....hoping McQueen is cleared.
Yeah also we've got a tough run home so we need all the points we can get to secure a top four finish so I don't think we are realistically in a position to be resting players as yet.

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the midweek media interview today Sam said he was 50/50. He said he hasn't trained yet and he won't play if it's not 100 percent. I think he won't play as we have a short turn around to the manly game. if McQueen plays it will be off the bench. I think Madge will swap Tyrell to 2nd row and start Tom with George in the front row. Madge may also be tempted to put Api on the bench as a back up.

souths_pride

Juniors
In the midweek media interview today Sam said he was 50/50. He said he hasn't trained yet and he won't play if it's not 100 percent. I think he won't play as we have a short turn around to the manly game. if McQueen plays it will be off the bench. I think Madge will swap Tyrell to 2nd row and start Tom with George in the front row. Madge may also be tempted to put Api on the bench as a back up.

Another option could be to use Sam from the bench and only use him sporadically and/or if needed - maybe play 30-40 minute max? I don't think its likely to happen but its just some food for thought. A half-fit Sam Burgess is still a better player than most first grade forwards going around.