What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Penrith,Centrebet Stadium Friday 7.40pm.

1. Greg Inglis

2. Nathan Merritt

3. Dylan Walker

4. Joel Reddy

5. Bryson Goodwin

6. John Sutton

7. Adam Reynolds

8. Dave Tyrrell

9. Apisai Koroisau

10. George Burgess

11. Kyle Turner

12. Ben Te'o

13. Sam Burgess

14. Cameron McInnes

15. Chris McQueen

16. Jason Clark

17. Luke Burgess

18. Alex Johnston

19. Ben Lowe

20. Joe Picker

Match Day Information: Panthers v Rabbitohs, Round 6

Tue 8th April, 11:58AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1396912688666.jpg

Panthers v Rabbitohs
Friday 11 April 2014
5:00pm - Gates open
5:25pm- Holden Cup Kick Off
7:40pm – NRL Kick Off

The Rabbitohs will be looking to get their 2014 season back on track this Friday night when they travel to Penrith Stadium to take on the Panthers.
It was a high scoring affair the last time the two teams met with the Rabbitohs, running out winners 44-32. Can the Rabbitohs do it again and trounce the Panthers this Friday night? Be there to see for yourself!
Please Note: This match is not included in the 2014 Rabbitohs Membership package so Rabbitohs Members will be required to purchase tickets should they wish to attend.
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Click here to pre-purchase tickets to this weekend’s match and save yourself 20% off general admission walk-up prices.
There is no dedicated Away Supporter Bays at Penrith Stadium however Rabbitohs Members and Supporters are encouraged to buy General Admission tickets and sit in the South East corner of the Stadium.

MERCHANDISE
For all of your game-day Merchandise needs, the South Sydney Rabbitohs Merchandise Van will be located in the western precinct at Penrith Stadium.
KIDZ KORNER
Bring the kids along to Penrith Stadium to enjoy the following FREE entertainment and activities for kids of all ages!
Kidz Korner Activities include:
· Jumping Castle
· Slides
· Assorted amusement rides
· Face Painting
TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Parking
Free but limited parking is available within the grounds of the Panthers World of Entertainment, opposite the stadium on Mulgoa Rd.
The car park located in the front of the western side of the Stadium is reserved purely as disabled; to gain access a disabled sticker must be displayed.
Further public parking is available in areas surrounding the stadium.
• Penrith Cricket Club – $4.00, entry off Station St
• Penrith Paceway - $5.00, entry off Ransley St
• On large games ONLY Parkland Station St - $4.00 to Wallacia Fire Brigade – entry off Jamison Rd or Woodriffe St.
Public Transport

A bus stop and taxi rank are located at the front of the Panthers World of Entertainment, opposite the stadium, on Mulgoa Rd.
The nearest railway station is Penrith, approximately a 10 minute walk from the Stadium.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2014/04/08/match_day_information_panthers_v_rabbitohs_round_6.html

Zigwaa

Bench
Glad to see Joe Picker is out of the team, he's been woeful. I only just realised he wasn't there on Saturday night.

Inglis was back to his best on the weekend too.

We need to shut down their outside backs to restrict them.

NRL Express Trains for Panthers V Rabbitohs

Thu 10th April, 10:04AM
A A

1397088488264.jpg

Special NRL Express trains will run from Central to Penrith this Friday night for the Panthers Vs Rabbitohs match.
In a boost for fans the NRL, Penrith Panthers and NSW Government have worked together to put two express trains on the track from Central to Penrith on Friday night.
Both NRL Penrith express trains will leave from Platform 12 at Central:
a. The first will leave Central at 5:42pm and arrive at Penrith at 6:39pm, stopping at Redfern (5:42pm), Strathfield (5:55pm), Parramatta (6:07pm), Blacktown (6:20pm) and then Penrith.
b. The second will leave Central at 6:09pm and arrive at Penrith at 6:58pm, stopping at Redfern (6:12pm), Strathfield (6:21pm), Parramatta (6:33pm), Blacktown (6:43pm) and then Penrith.
c. Two trains will also be waiting at Penrith Station after the game to transport customers back. Services will depart 10:07pm and 10:37pm stopping at Blacktown, Parramatta, Strathfield, Redfern and Central.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/201...rabbitohs.html

Luke Burgess wary of axe of Rabbitohs

Prop Luke Burgess has revealed the threat of the axe is driving South Sydney’s players to turn their season around.
Burgess was dumped to reserve grade following the loss to Wests Tigers in round three and Ben Lowe, Joe Picker, Beau Champion, Lote Tuqiri and Dave Tyrell have all experienced a similar fate this season as Souths won just one of their opening four games.
Queensland back-rowers Chris McQueen and Ben Te’o were also been relegated to the bench as coach Michael Maguire desperately tried to find a winning solution.
Saturday’s 26-6 win over St George Illawarra stopped the rot and Burgess vindicated his recall to the side with the opening try.
But he said his brief stint with the North Sydney Bears in the NSW Cup was a reminder of what he needed to do to stay in the side.
“We both agreed I needed a few things to work on to improve my game,” Burgess said.
“Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards.
“I went back, addressed a few things and got quite a bit of game time which was good. It’s not something I want to be doing regularly but I was happy to do it this time.”
Burgess said the players are fully aware of Maguire’s ruthless streak and said it’s needed to keep standards high at the club.
“People have seen since he got here that he’s willing to make those big decisions,” he said.
“It doesn’t matter who you are he’ll do that and it makes for a good competition for spots in the team.
“I am sure there will be a way back for the other lads who have been dropped to return.”

Read more: http://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/luke-burgess-wary-of-axe-of-rabbitohs/107277#ixzz2yTJvbpnM

Zigwaa

Bench
RLW Mole is saying Alex Johnson will come into the side for reddy on the wing with Goodwin to centre. Good to see how the young bloke goes.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yep, a mate who played footy with Alex said Reddy is injured and Alex will be taking his place. Sounds like the backline is finally taking some good shape. We've got a good blend of experience in Inglis, Goodwin and Merritt with young flair in Johnston and Walker. Should be a cracker between AJ and Penrith's DWZ.

South Sydney go back to old ways to resurrect their NRL season

South Sydney Rabbitohs League News
Date April 11, 2014 - 12:57AM

The Rabbitohs looked to have overcome the attacking deficiencies that left them one game short of a grand final appearance in successive seasons. They looked crisp and their ball movement was quick and expansive as they rattled the Roosters to win 28-8.
They went on to lose their next three games as their attack struggled.
Much had been made of South Sydney’s pre-season attacking focus. Like St George Illawarra, who looked to attack more after Wayne Bennett departed, only for their defence to suffer, South Sydney experienced a similar fate.
Obviously, the injury to would-be five-eighth Luke Keary altered their plans. And it’s easy to suggest that moving John Sutton back to the halves from lock was the key factor in the Rabbitohs recording their second win of the season against St George Illawarra on Saturday.
South Sydney’s success has stemmed from their forwards, but they too struggled in the early rounds.
As coach Michael Maguire said, Sutton’s move to lock wasn’t a failure. It won’t be as ill-fated as Braith Anasta’s foray at fullback and Preston Campbell's switch to hooker.
And the chances are Sutton will end up back at lock when Keary returns from a ruptured pectoral muscle around the middle of the season.
“If you saw [Sutton] in round one, he was playing in the middle and his performance there was quite strong,” Maguire said.
“We’ve still got that up our sleeve to go back and utilise him there. We obviously have Lukey Keary to come back.
“We still do things very much similar, even though John was playing in the middle. It allowed us a little bit more expansion in our game. Dylan Walker played really well at times at five-eighth.
“Putting John back there obviously allows us to go back to a similar style to what we had last year. We had the ability to shift the ball last year as well.
“We just have to make sure we are focusing on the fundamentals of the game. I think that was probably our biggest drama in the first four weeks. If you’re not hanging onto the ball you’re putting pressure on yourself and you’re going to have to defend. I thought our defence through that period wasn’t up to Souths standard and we got back to that against St George.”
Circumstances conspired against the Rabbitohs and Sutton wasn’t allowed to settle. Losses didn’t help, nor did poor ball control and outside backs who struggled to make a dent in the opposition.
Aside from Inglis, Walker is South Sydney’s best attacking option. His impact is lessened when he is confronted by two or three defenders in the middle of the field.
“I thought with Dylan being able to go back into the centres it allowed us a few little options there when we went up an edge,” Maguire said. “We’ve gone back to a lot of fundamentals and making sure we do that on the training park.
“You’re seeing things a bit quicker now; teams are pushing passes.
“If you hang onto the ball, that’s going to suit anyone. We are lucky we have some size in our pack. When we are hanging onto the ball we gave ourselves an opportunity and built pressure.”
Sutton’s presence in the halves takes pressure off halfback Adam Reynolds. Prior to this season, Reynolds had played alongside Sutton in all but one of his 53 matches since making his NRL debut in 2012.
Back-rower Ben Te’o said one of Sutton's attributes was his ability to straighten the team’s attack.
“We have done a lot of work on our attack in the off-season,” Te’o said. “After the first week we were pretty confident in what we were doing. From then on, it just wasn’t clicking. When it’s not clicking you just go back to basics.
“The difference was that he [Sutton] organised a lot. He is a very good talker. He plays very straight and is a runner, too. When things get a little heated, he can think under pressure.”
</DIV>

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-nrl-season-20140410-zqt8r.html#ixzz2yWhPVX8z

t10do

Juniors
RLW Mole is saying Alex Johnson will come into the side for reddy on the wing with Goodwin to centre. Good to see how the young bloke goes.

I reckon Champion coming straight back in would be a safer. But yeah, I am keen to see how AJ copes with first grade.

souths1908

Juniors
I think Johnson will make his debut tonight (hopefully). Really excited to see how he goes after killing it in the lower grades.

t10do

Juniors
Wel, well, well. Just heard on the radio that it will be Auva'a and neither Johnson or Champion. You just never know with Madge do you :)

Terrible hands again tonight. At least, in the first half anyway. Great defence though. Very happy with that win though. They absorbed a heap of pressure and just remained patient. Then, when our turn came, we took our opportunities.

Very impressed with Auva'a. Runs hard, hits hard. Reminds me a bit of Steve Matai. Made a couple of poor decisions but he made some really good ones as well. His try was a cracker. Very well executed gap run.

I think Reddy and Champion have just been relegated to 3rd and 4th choice centres.

African Monkey

First Grade
Comfortable win with some great defence in the first half. The mistakes were always gonna happen on a night like that so no complaints from me there.

And well done to Nathan Merritt :clap:

Latest posts