What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Sharks

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What an insipid performance by the Tigers.

Everytime the Sharks pack put some pressure on, we crumbled and panicked.

Ellis was ordinary tonight. Benji was quiet. Fulton again played his nuts off

Aside from Farah, our backs got us home.

Our pack got dominated everywhere in the ruck.

westie

Bench
Not unexpected. We've done just enough to win all of the last 8. It'll be a vastly different side next week. When have we ever not turned up for a big game?

Tiger05

First Grade
We were poor however Ellis wasn't that bad. Heighno's miss tackle on Smith was bad.

I suppose I don't really care - we won and we have the dragqueens next week.

Last edited:

R2Coupe

Juniors
Sheens appeared to give the younger forwards more game time. A big vote of confidence and test against what is a very imposing pack.

N.C.

Juniors
We were assured of a run in the finals, and we were up against a team that's lost six on the trot and who have beaten us only once since 2003.

I know there was a whole lot of talk about making the top four, but I reckon Sheens would have played this as a bit of a trial match for the finals... Keep it simple, don't burn more fuel than is really necessary, and try a couple of things out.

We got the win, we'll be fresh for next week, and most of our depth players are coming off some good game time and should slot in well if we need them over the next couple of weeks.

Tigerm

Coach
Sheens said in the after match interview, that they were probably playing on tired legs, as he had trained them pretty hard over the last 4 weeks, to get them ready for the semis?

b.bear

Juniors
ok win

just worried about the right side ,whether lawrence is fit or not we can not take Utai into the next game.

Matchball

Bench
ok win

just worried about the right side ,whether lawrence is fit or not we can not take Utai into the next game.

Agreed.
I like Utai, he makes good meters off our line but he can't do anything else but be a battering ram.
He is slow, can't tackle at all and makes some horrible decisions.
Looks so uncoordinated when going for a ball on the ground. I cringe at times.

Off the bench as a impact player is what he should be used for, bring him on in the 60th minute and he will dominate.
If Lawrence is back this week, Utai will go to the bench.

cerberus

Coach
it's good to see we got past the dangerous jerry smith .saints will rue letting him go next week

R2Coupe

Juniors
Being at the game, the speed of the play the ball by the Tigers in the first few minutes compared to the Sharks was very noticeable. It was this factor which gave the Tigers the early lead.

The failure of the refs to allow quick play the balls to continue was very annoying and no doubt the result of Gallen continually approaching the referee.

Any favours which may have come our way did not equal the penalty count to the home side in the second half. Just sick of reading how the Tigers received an unfair advantage.

To my thinking, allowing a quick play the ball would have resulted in the Tigers skipping to a much larger lead.

Last edited:

Vicious

Bench
Madunit it was not the most dominant win we have had, but we were always in control and switched on when we needed to.
The Sharks would have beaten most sides on Saturday night and we are right where we need to be approaching the finals.
Barring injuries to our big name players, we will win this competition.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
Being at the game, the speed of the play the ball by the Tigers in the first few minutes compared to the Sharks was very noticeable. It was this factor which gave the Tigers the early lead.

The failure of the refs to allow quick play the balls to continue was very annoying and no doubt the result of Gallen continually approaching the referee.

Any favours which may have come our way did not equal the penalty count to the home side in the second half. Just sick of reading how the Tigers received an unfair advantage.

To my thinking, allowing a quick play the ball would have resulted in the Tigers skipping to a much larger lead.

100% agree. I thought the refs slowed the game down so much that the middle 40min of the game became boring & hard to watch.

Not the style of play which suits the Tigers, so it was nice to see the win.

I hope the refs increase the speed of the games for the final series, which will result in more of a specticle (plus help the Tigers chances)!

Tigerm

Coach
Madunit it was not the most dominant win we have had, but we were always in control and switched on when we needed to.
The Sharks would have beaten most sides on Saturday night and we are right where we need to be approaching the finals.
Barring injuries to our big name players, we will win this competition.
I would like to see benji get his goal kicking mojo back & working?

thommo_85

Juniors
Sometimes I think some of our supporters would only be happy if we went through the season undefeated, winning every game by 40 points.

Even then they would probably whinge we didn't win by 60.

N.C.

Juniors
Sometimes I think some of our supporters would only be happy if we went through the season undefeated, winning every game by 40 points.

Even then they would probably whinge we didn't win by 60.

A win by 40 would be fine, as long as we keep all the other teams to nil...

Latest posts