What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Titans ANZ Stadium,Monday 7.00pm.

Day Information - Rd 17, 2014

Tue 1st July, 09:00AM A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1404171453078.jpg

Cairns presents
Rabbitohs v Titans
Monday 7 July 2014
4:15pm: Gates Open
4:25pm: NYC Kick Off
6:10pm: Bob McCarthy Cup Kick Off
7:00pm: NRL Kick Off

Rabbitohs Members and supporters are urged to be at ANZ Stadium on Monday 7 July to support the Red & Green Army as the mighty Rabbitohs clash with the Titans!
The Titans have had a strong start to the season, with State of Origin contenders Myles and Taylor leading the pack but the Rabbitohs will be looking for a second victory over the Titans this year and lay the platform for a top 4 finish in 2014.
With Adult tickets from $22 and General Admission Family passes from $49 for 2 adults & 2 kids it’s a perfect opportunity to take your friends or family to the game for a Monday night outing. The Rabbitohs hope to see you there! Don’t forget you can save up to $10 per ticket across all categories when you pre-purchase your tickets to any Rabbitohs home games at ANZ Stadium.
Already going – bring your friends!
How to purchase tickets:
Online: click here
Phone: 132 849
In Person: click here
PRE-PURCHASE & SAVE TIME AND MONEY!
Member Attendance PromotionEvery member that scans through the turnstiles at ANZ Stadium for the remainder of our home games will go into the draw to win 1 of 3 Centreline Seat double passes for the next home game.

Members can experience the view from the exclusive premium area as well as having access to the exclusive Centreline lounge. So make sure you’re there next Monday for the chance to win!
Win tickets to watch the boys play in Cairns thanks to TTNQ
Collect your Rabbitohs Try Card on the way into ANZ Stadium at the Round 17 clash vs the Gold Coast Titans, for your chance to win tickets to watch the Rabbitohs play in Cairns.
At half time the camera will pan across the crowd, searching for a winner who is holding a Rabbitohs Try Card. The winner selected will receive tickets to watch the Rabbitohs play in Cairns as well as an accommodation package*, all thanks to Tropical Tourism North Queensland.
You must be at the Round 17 game to win this great prize!
You win if we score 20 points or more thanks to Subway!
Thanks to Rabbitohs partner Subway, if the Rabbitohs score 20 points or more, win or lose, against the Titans this Monday night you’ll receive a voucher for a FREE Subway sub to redeem at participating Subway outlets.
You must be at the game to collect this voucher which will be handed post-match at main exit gates.
CTI Member’s Upgrade
Thanks to Rabbitohs Membership partner CTI, Rabbitohs members will have the opportunity to have their tickets upgraded to corporate tickets at the Rabbitohs next home game at ANZ Stadium against the Broncos.
Say hello to a CTI representative in the Members bar on game day and ask how you can be put into the draw to win the Member upgrade, as well as the chance to win a Rabbitohs hard hat!
Colgate Kidzone
Bring the kids along to the South West Terrace (accessed via the stairs at Aisle 134) from Gates Open until NRL kick off to enjoy the following FREE entertainment and activities for kids of all ages!
Kidzone Activities include:
* Balloons
* Jumping Castle
* Reggie Rabbit Appearance
* Player Autograph sessions
* Colouring-in competition
* Face painting
IMPORTANT MEMBER INFORMATION
Box Office H
Rabbitohs Ticket Box Office H will be open from 4:15pm. All members who purchased from Monday 30 June with access to this game are required to pick up their membership card from this window. Please give yourself plenty of time to collect your Membership card.
Reminder on Change of General Admission Area
There have been some changes to the ANZ Stadium seating map in 2014.

Category 1 Reserved seating area at 2014 Rabbitohs games at ANZ Stadium has been extended. Therefore the General Admission areas have now been adjusted to Aisles 113 – 124 at the North end and Aisles 136 – 101 at the South end of ANZ Stadium. This is a slight adjustment to the bays listed for General Admission in 2013.
Burrow
Please be advised that only Members of the Burrow and Burrow ticketholders will be permitted access to sit in the Burrow in Bay 110. The area in the upper tier of The Burrow is limited and subject to availability and capacity. Please note Burrow Members are not permitted access to the corporate seating in The Zone Boxes.
Burrow Overflow seating in Aisle 111 will be activated once the Burrow has filled and is able to be accessed by those in possession of a Burrow Membership Card or Burrow Overflow ticket.
Anyone who wishes to sit with the Burrow will need to purchase or upgrade to a Burrow Membership, or purchase a Burrow ticket through Ticketek.com.au/Rabbitohs. General Admission Members and General Admission ticketholders do not have access to the Burrow.
Members Post Match Function
Please note as this game is being held on a Monday night there will not be a post-match Members function after the game.
TRANSPORT INFORMATION
In a special arrangement for NRL fans, all tickets to Telstra NRL Premiership games at ANZ Stadium in 2014 include entry and return travel on Sydney Train services.
Please note that tickets include travel on rail services only and must be pre-purchase prior to travelling.
Trains
The closest train station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park Station.
DIRECT TRAINS

• Direct services to Olympic Park leave Central at 17:55 and 18:08 stopping at Redfern and Strathfield
Those travelling from other locations should change trains at Lidcombe where a direct shuttle train operates every 10 minutes until 11.30pm.
For further timetable information, click here.
For the most up-to-date information on trackwork and replacement services, please click here.
Buses
Sydney Buses will operate to a regular weekday timetable.
Route 525 operates between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park. Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
Ferries
Sydney Ferries will operate to a regular weekday timetable. Should services to Sydney Olympic Park be full, fans can take a train from Circular Quay Station.
ANZ Stadium is approximately a 40 minute walk from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the Stadium.
Click here for more information on transport to the Rabbitohs v Titans match at ANZ Stadium.
Parking
With peak hour traffic, fans are encouraged to leave the car at home and take advantage of the direct train services in operation.
For those who plan to drive, pre-booking your parking space is highly recommended, particularly for this event due to the traffic expected in the precinct. You can pre-book parking via:

For event parking information, please click here.

2014 Rabbitohs Conditions of Entry
For Rabbitohs Conditions of Entry please click here.
*Flights not included

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2014/07/01/match_day_information_rd_17_2014.html

Last Time They Met – Rd 9, 2014

Words: Tom Skolarikis I Video: Nrl.com
Tue 1st July, 09:08AM A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Dylan Walker helped the Rabbitohs to a 40-18 victory over the then-competition leading Titans on the Gold Coast in round nine – the Souths Junior grabbing four tries in front of 19,107 fans to score Souths’ fifth win of the season.
To watch the post-match press conference, please click here.
To watch the Fujitsu Post-match reaction of Michael Maguire, please click here.
To watch the Fujitsu Post-Match Reaction of Dylan Walker, please click here.
Walker was in scintillating form from the get-go with elusive running resulting in the first try of the game before proceeding to trouble the Titans for the remaining 80. Another Souths Junior in the form of Alex Johnston also grabbed a double.
But it wasn’t just the Rabbitohs’ attack that had the Gold Coast fighting to breathe. Another mammoth defensive effort saw the red and greens miss just six tackles – reminiscent of this year’s much talked about defensive effort against the Panthers.
With their first touch of the ball, Dylan Walker crabbed across field, creating an over-lap for Kirisome Auva’a who raced through and passed back on the inside to Walker to cruise over and score inside the first two minutes. Adam Reynolds added the extras right next to the sticks to make it six points to nil.
It became a double-punch from the red and green centres just three minutes later when Auva’a inched his way over the try-line himself – the video referee awarding the four-pointer after a brief look for a double-movement. Reynolds missed the conversion leaving the score at 10-0.
Another strong set from the kick-off saw the Rabbitohs back in attacking position, and it was all about the red and green centres again, with Dylan Walker darting down the short-side just five metres in from touch and powering over to score out wide. Reynolds used the upright to bounce the ball back between the sticks to make it 16-0 after just ten minutes.
Souths seemed to be making metres and breaks effortlessly – in the 14th minute, a Greg Inglis offload on the 30 metre line to Adam Reynolds put the little half in the clear before passing on to Alex Johnston who raced the remaining distance to score on the touch-line. Bryson Goodwin lined up the shot at goal and made no mistake with his first attempt of the year making it 22-0.
It took 20 minutes for the Titans to finally get within striking distance thanks to a penalty. But the Rabbitohs defence held strong, managing to force an error from former Rabbitoh Dave Taylor right on the try-line.
In the 24th minute, the Titans finally managed to open their account for the night when Anthony Don intercepted a lobbing John Sutton pass to race 70 metres untouched. Aidan Sezer converted to make it 22-6 after 26 minutes.
The Titans began to gain in confidence in the latter stages of the half. Don made it two tries three minutes from half-time when he diffused a cross-field kick in the in-goal to plant the ball down. Sezer converted to make it 22-12 to take the teams to the sheds.
On the resumption, it took just two minutes for the Rabbitohs to get back into gear – Adam Reynolds putting a kick in behind the Titans defensive line for Dylan Waker to swoop and score his third try of the evening. Goodwin added the extras to make it 28-12.
Just two minutes later, Alex Johnston took a Titans bomb beautifully before racing 85 metres to outrun all defenders and seemingly score. But the video referee ruled against the try on the grounds of the Rabbitohs blocking Titans defenders during the kick.
George Burgess barnstormed his way over the line, but the Titans stripped the ball, before Chris McQueen in turn stripped the ball from the Titans to make his own claim for a four-pointer. The video referee ruled against the try.
The Rabbitohs had a third try disallowed just minutes later when Dylan Walker was denied his fourth for an ‘alleged’ knock-on – Rabbitohs Members and supporters left the Gold Coast in no doubt about their frustrations.
But Walker made no mistake in the 64th minute when he took a an offload from Greg Inglis inside the 20 metre line for the Souths Junior to notch up his fourth try of the night. Goodwin converted to make it 34-12.
The floodgates then opened up for the Rabbitohs when George Burgess busted through and flicked a pass inside to Alex Johnston who crossed for his second under the black dot. Goodwin made no mistake to notch up 40 points for the men in red and green.
The Titans scored a late consolation try through Dave Taylor, but the damage had been done – the Rabbitohs defeating the Titans by 40-18.
To re-live all the highlights, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2014/07/01/last_time_they_met_rd_9_2014.html

GI Cordial

Juniors
What is Mage up to?
Team vs Titans

1. Merritt
2.AJ
3. Kyle Turner
4. Goodwin
5. Reddy
6. Sutton
7. A Reynolds
8. G Burgess
9. APi
10. Dave Tyrell
11. Sam Burgess
12. Ben Lowe
13. Clark

14. I Luke
15. J Picker
16. Lote
17. Luke Burgess

rabbitohs95

Bench
What is Mage up to?
Team vs Titans

1. Merritt
2.AJ
3. Kyle Turner
4. Goodwin
5. Reddy
6. Sutton
7. A Reynolds
8. G Burgess
9. APi
10. Dave Tyrell
11. Sam Burgess
12. Ben Lowe
13. Clark

14. I Luke
15. J Picker
16. Lote
17. Luke Burgess

Tipping the final team to be

Merritt
Johnston
Auva'a
Goodwin
Reddy
Sutton
Reynolds
Tom
Issac
Tyrrell
Sam
Turner
Clark

Keary
Picker
Lowe
George

southsport

First Grade
Api starting? Didn't see the last game, did Isaac Luke have a bad game?

Issac was replaced by Api last week, a lot of people unhappy with his performance and obviously Madge was too, he took too many wrong options and looked lazy and disinterested.

Info:

Jason Clark has been seen on crutches today so may be an unlikely starter on Monday night. Maybe Sutto to the forwards and Keary to come in.......I'll to keep updating.

southsport

First Grade
It was a training injury to Clark last Tuesday.

Word is that a couple of players will be back and someone playing his first game of the year........it must be Keary.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Anybody think that Chris Grevsmuhl is ready for first grade? Apparently he's been going alright with the Bears and with our injury toll mounting up it'd be a good game to blood him in i think.

southsport

First Grade
Anybody think that Chris Grevsmuhl is ready for first grade? Apparently he's been going alright with the Bears and with our injury toll mounting up it'd be a good game to blood him in i think.

Haven't heard much of Grevsmuhl, the Bears have been understrength and getting beaten, so it would be hard to look good.

Zigwaa

Bench
Sutton at Centre, will be interesting to see how he goes. When he was struggling at 5/8 about 5 years ago I thought he should be played in the centres. I was also proven wrong as he's done really well at 5/8 the last 3 years, might be a good time for a change though

southsport

First Grade
Wacko's Whispers

Rabbitohs vs Titans

Rabbitohs could have a numbers of changes, A.Johnston will move to FB with Merritt moving to wing, Keary will come in at 5/8 with Sutton moving into 2RF with either Clark or Lowe dropping to bench to replace Tuquri who will drop out of 17. G.Burgess is a chance to play, final call to be made on Sunday, should he play he would replace L.Burgess in 17. Titans will also have a few changes with Kelly set to come into team at HB with Mortimer moving to 5/8 with Blair to Centre and Takairangai to 2RF to replace Ridge who has shoulder injury, no other changes expected.

South Sydney Rabbitohs' Alex Johnston faces different kind of blood sport against Gold Coast Titans

South Sydney Rabbitohs Gold Coast Titans League News
Date July 5, 2014 - 2:55PM

Rookie rising: Rabbitohs winger Alex Johnston. Photo: Getty Images

When South Sydney's Alex Johnston opposes his older cousin, and Gold Coast centre, James Roberts at ANZ Stadium on Monday, it should be yet another lesson in the talented three-quarter's early education as an NRL first-grader.
While Johnston insisted he and Roberts get along just fine, he was aware, via the grapevine, that the Titans flier was pumped to obtain a points victory over him – and Johnston said he would expect nothing less.
"I've heard him saying that he thinks I'm going good but he can't wait to get hold of me – and that should be a lot of fun," Johnston said.
They are not the first footballers to be pitted against "blood" and will not be the last. Greg Inglis was matched against his cousin Albert Kelly in the same match last season; there is no quarter given when the Morris twins, Josh and Brett, play each other and who could forget the suggestion Issac Luke tried to break his cousin Rangi Chase's leg in the 2011 Four Nations tournament when the Kiwis played England?
Since Johnston was called up by coach Michael Maguire in round eight, the 19-year-old has embarked on a quest to learn. Apart from the school of hard knocks, Johnston benefited from access to the likes of Inglis, John Sutton and Lote Tuqiri.
"Greg is always giving me tips," he said. "It's a bit old school, he's pretty blunt with what he says things. He's helped me out since the pre-season and that's helped me a lot. But all the boys, like 'Sutto', tell me where to be [in a game] and, skill-wise, they try to help me out with extras as well.
"But [Inglis has] tipped me up to run hard, tackle hard, put my best foot forward. He's a freak. I see him as the best player in the game and it's great to be playing with him."
While the teenager is on the verge of a promising career, 34-year-old Tuqiri said he would soon decide whether it was time to retire.
However, the dual international said he would continue to do everything to help educate the likes of Johnston for as long as he was on the Rabbitohs' roster.
"It's not so much advice," Tuqiri said of his role. "Everyone has been asked to be a leader here and I guess [part of that] is how you carry yourself when things sort of go down and not too well for you.
"I think I’ve taken those knocks, of not playing first grade and being in and out [of it], on the chin and I think that's helped [set an example]. It's having a squad mentality here rather than thinking of myself as an individual.
"You have to approach every game not as though it’s your last, but you still want to be there and show you're up to a standard. You're not going to get picked in a higher grade if you're not training or preparing or playing that well."
Johnston said Tuqiri's example had made an impression.
"I've just tried to take my opportunities as they've come," he said about life in the top grade. "Every week, I try to put my best foot forward and I hope to play as much football as I can.
"What I've learned is you need to perform at your best and you definitely have to train hard just to stay there."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...oast-titans-20140705-zsx9x.html#ixzz36a4yfZW7

southsport

First Grade
Team changes:

Merritt
Johnston
Walker
Auva'a
Tuqiri
Keary
Reyno
Gurgess
Api