What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Titans ANZ Stadium,Monday 7.00pm.

The Chello

Juniors
One of the worst games to watch in the last 10 years - mistake riddled match with sooo many penalties, the lack of a real 10 metres and the game was just terrible. Titans believed they could win and the Rabbits thought they could win. They looked like they simply had to turn up to win. It is no secret Ashley Klein is the worst referee in the comp and he proved it tonight.
Souths showed no patience whatsoever in attack. Defence was solid.
Only positives was seeing Keary back playing and at least having a go at the line.
Well done Titans - they hung in there and deserved the win....

DC_fan

Coach
One of the worst games to watch in the last 10 years - mistake riddled match with sooo many penalties, the lack of a real 10 metres and the game was just terrible. Titans believed they could win and the Rabbits thought they could win. They looked like they simply had to turn up to win. It is no secret Ashley Klein is the worst referee in the comp and he proved it tonight.
Souths showed no patience whatsoever in attack. Defence was solid.
Only positives was seeing Keary back playing and at least having a go at the line.
Well done Titans - they hung in there and deserved the win....

It was the worst game of football I have seen in a long time.

Souths wre terrible in just about ever part of their game.

souths_pride

Juniors
It was the worst game of football I have seen in a long time.

Souths wre terrible in just about ever part of their game.

Agreed! Alot of it was basic stuff too! We should have put 40 points on them tonight! Its been the story of our season..poor ball security and not completing sets! I also think we tend to throw too many high-risk passes and offloads!

Another disappointing aspect of our game was our support play! I lost count at the amount of times someone would make a break and there would be no one supporting the man! Also, there needs to be player constantly going with Sam Burgess to the line as he almost always tends to get his arm free but has no one to offload to!

We're nowhere near as good as we were last year!

We wouldn't have made so many errors if the Titans weren't allowed to spoil as much as they were. The Titans deliberately slowed the ruck all night and continued to do so despite conceding 14 penalties. Carter and Falloon conceded 5 each and Falloon was allowed to be at least 3 metres off side all night.

At what point does the sin bin come into play for repeated infringement? That is the big question.

From where I was sitting, the Titans could easily have conceded another 10 penalties.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Personally thought that the drop ball and the addition of Keary, Walker, Auva'a and especially George were detrimental to our chances. The mass change in lineup didn't help us get our groove and we scored one try in the 20th minute. Shouldn't have taken all those penalty goals and should've gone for the try.

Hopefully everyone's rested up and healthy by the time we play Parra, gonna be a difficult game imo.

souths_pride

Juniors
We wouldn't have made so many errors if the Titans weren't allowed to spoil as much as they were. The Titans deliberately slowed the ruck all night and continued to do so despite conceding 14 penalties. Carter and Falloon conceded 5 each and Falloon was allowed to be at least 3 metres off side all night.

At what point does the sin bin come into play for repeated infringement? That is the big question.

From where I was sitting, the Titans could easily have conceded another 10 penalties.

Ive been a massive advocate all season of using the sin bin. Fans, journos, even players all whinge about the ruck penalties...why not use the sin bin? That'll stop teams from attempting to slow down the play the ball! However, I feel that referees are reluctant to use it because the criticism is that 10 minutes is too long! Granted it is a huge chunk out of the game to sit out, but why can we not have a 5 minute sin bin for repeated infringement penalties and 10 minutes for professional fouls?

I find the referees interpretation of the ruck to be so inconsistent! Some of the rulings are an absolute joke. When the ball pops out of the tackled player its virtually a lottery as to whether its going to be a penalty or a knock on. Also no one can tell me that when a team is leading a penalty count something like 6-2 that the referees aren't going to blow a few in favor of the other team so as to even things up and avoid wrath of psychopathic coaches, such as Geoff Toovey!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Ive been a massive advocate all season of using the sin bin. Fans, journos, even players all whinge about the ruck penalties...why not use the sin bin? That'll stop teams from attempting to slow down the play the ball! However, I feel that referees are reluctant to use it because the criticism is that 10 minutes is too long! Granted it is a huge chunk out of the game to sit out, but why can we not have a 5 minute sin bin for repeated infringement penalties and 10 minutes for professional fouls?

I find the referees interpretation of the ruck to be so inconsistent! Some of the rulings are an absolute joke. When the ball pops out of the tackled player its virtually a lottery as to whether its going to be a penalty or a knock on. Also no one can tell me that when a team is leading a penalty count something like 6-2 that the referees aren't going to blow a few in favor of the other team so as to even things up and avoid wrath of psychopathic coaches, such as Geoff Toovey!

Thought Carter should've been sent to the bin, he gave two penalties in a row then had a backchat to the ref and gave another penalty for that, where do they draw the line?

Absolutely woeful,no set moves,fug all bodies in motion,not to mention the garbage ball handling.Pressure is on MM to come up with a new game plan.

GI Cordial

Juniors
I want to know why Mage did not replace Adam when he was hurt?. He was just a passenger out there. Look I know he has a long term plan for Sutton to lock or second row but please don't play with the winning structure. Also why would we be investing time in Apisai when he is leaving send him to NSW Cup. Mage is punishing the Team and the supporters by having Luke on the Bench he can play 80 min. Sam did 23 runs and 53 tackles 170mts we are going to burn him out and he wants to win. Get a good lead then experiment with the team but win. Just for the record 23 mistakes last night. I think because we have a lot of night games we should do training at night same conditions as we are playing.

southsport

First Grade
I want to know why Mage did not replace Adam when he was hurt?. He was just a passenger out there. Look I know he has a long term plan for Sutton to lock or second row but please don't play with the winning structure. Also why would we be investing time in Apisai when he is leaving send him to NSW Cup. Mage is punishing the Team and the supporters by having Luke on the Bench he can play 80 min. Sam did 23 runs and 53 tackles 170mts we are going to burn him out and he wants to win. Get a good lead then experiment with the team but win. Just for the record 23 mistakes last night. I think because we have a lot of night games we should do training at night same conditions as we are playing.

Issac was bad last week and bad this week, that's why Api was out there.

GI Cordial

Juniors
Issac was bad last week and bad this week, that's why Api was out there.

So are you saying we should of kept Api and let Issac go ? Remembering he is coming back from Injury and we need to get his fitness back to where it was prior to injury. So are you suggesting a stint in NSW CUP ? You are aware he is one of the best hookers in the comp ?. So was Issac the reason we lost he played 35mins.

Latest posts