What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vukovic gets 9 month suspension

fish eel

Immortal
Misanthrope said:
And GVE got Coach of the Year and Djite got Rising Star. Can't say I disagree with any of those.

I'd disagree on Djite.

Only because I would have thought James Holland would have got that this year?

Started without a contract, finished a fringe socceroo.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Foz said:
Mr Shield received Referee of the year for the 3rd year in a row today.
Congratulations to him.
Someone thinks he is an outstanding referee.

The FFA are a f**king joke. They are kidding themselves.

Shield is a protected species and must be the only referee in sporting history to continually f**k up yet NEVER be held accountable for his actions.

He blatantly cheats and still gets these awards and still gets assigned to the biggest games.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Mong said:
It's more then just teaching him a lesson, it has to deter others from doing same... It doesn't get much more serious on a football field then striking an official so i can't comprehend why anyone would think that he should have got of lightly.

see the thing is he would be made an example of...he already has been!
the player,club.a league and community would be better off with a different punishment...

im not disagreeing in what he did was wrong, just the severity of the punishment

skeepe

Immortal
I don't understand why Vukovic will (or at least may) be banned from the Olympics. Can anyone tell me why? Anywhere else in the world, if you are banned from your domestic team, that ban does not carry over to international or continental competitions - why would it be any different here?

Mong

Post Whore
sooperdooper said:
see the thing is he would be made an example of...he already has been!
the player,club.a league and community would be better off with a different punishment...

im not disagreeing in what he did was wrong, just the severity of the punishment

Of course the player would be better off with a different penalty, however someone getting media attention for being a kn*b isn't really being made an example of in a punishment sense.. What will affect a player more and will be a detterent for other players is not playing..

sooperdooper

First Grade
Mong said:
Of course the player would be better off with a different penalty, however someone getting media attention for being a kn*b isn't really being made an example of in a punishment sense.. What will affect a player more and will be a detterent for other players is not playing..

but for most players where would it really hurt, sit out for 9 months
or sit out far say pre season cup and 4 to 6 games and fined $5000 which to many is alot!

Mong

Post Whore
sooperdooper said:
but for most players where would it really hurt, sit out for 9 months
or sit out far say pre season cup and 4 to 6 games and fined $5000 which to many is alot!

Are you serious? Sitting out for 9 months would hurt them and potentially their career much more.

Obviously the goal for players playing in the A league is to get noticed by bigger O/Seas clubs to give them the chance to earn much more money and play in the bigger leagues...

Can't be noticed while sitting on the sidelines...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
F*ck me, the way some of you lot carry on - you'd think he outright punched the bloke. He clipped the f*cking wrist, there wasn't an intent to physically harm the referee.

Timmah

Staff member
I get that point, I'm not suggesting he get off scot free. Where did you get me saying that? He should get a few A-League games at the start of next season or something, not a 9+6 month ban.

Mong

Post Whore
Timmah said:
F*ck me, the way some of you lot carry on - you'd think he outright punched the bloke. He clipped the f*cking wrist, there wasn't an intent to physically harm the referee.

He deliberately struck the official... What's so hard to understand about that?

Timmah

Staff member
If only all on-field matters were as black and white.

I'm talking about the sentencing being too harsh. Getting off scot free was discussed and dismissed long ago - as much as some of CCM fans wish the precedent with Griffiths was followed, we know the circumstances were different (due to referee gutlessness against Griffihs).

Anyway, I'm waffling. Simple fact is 9 months with 6 suspended is too hard.

Timmah said:
I get that point, I'm not suggesting he get off scot free. Where did you get me saying that? He should get a few A-League games at the start of next season or something, not a 9+6 month ban.

when is it going to sink into your head he pretty much IS missing a few games at the start of the season he's back on november 24 ffs. imo the ban should start the day the a-league resumes

he's got 15 reduced to 9 with 6 suspended but will in theory serve 3

Timmah

Staff member
I think the FFA's doing damage to the Olyroos side if they invoke the ban for the Olympics as well tbh.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm more concerned about him missing the Olympics.

Just seems a ridiculous sentence on a first offence that's all.

Timmah said:
I think the FFA's doing damage to the Olyroos side if they invoke the ban for the Olympics as well tbh.

bullsh*t ... who cares the FFA have to stamp authority and show no one is bigger than the game irrespective if the olyroos need him or not and dont sit here and tell me its the olyroos u give a damn about because its not

Latest posts