What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vulcans team vs Magpies

ozbash

Referee
Vulcans side v Canterbury Bulldogs
Saturday 30th April,Mt Smart. no1, Penrose. 1pm kickoff
(subject to change)
1-Johnny Aranga
2-Willy Peace
...3-Shaun Metcalf
4-Joel Moon
5-Bill Tupou
6-Shaun Johnson
7-Pita Godinet
8-Mataupu Poching
9-Darin Kingi
10-James Gavet
11-Matt Robinson
12-Anthony Gelling
13-Isaac John

14-Nuivoa Taka
15-Sione Lousi
16-Atelea Nafetalai
17-Saulala Houma

Auckland RL

Shame its not on Sunday.

Warmess

Juniors
Isaac John playing lock...not sure about that one

He's been there for the last couple of weeks, hasn't he? Was certainly there last week from the team that was named. I did think that was perculiar at the time as well.

Anyone whos seen the games know how hes been going there?

hitman82

Bench
Where else would you play him really?

Just looks like they are trying to stack as many gifted play makers into the team as possible, at the expense of size and a bit of defense I guess.

At that level it sort of makes sense.

MKEB...

Staff member
He's been there for the last couple of weeks, hasn't he? Was certainly there last week from the team that was named. I did think that was perculiar at the time as well.

Anyone whos seen the games know how hes been going there?

In all fairness I, didnt know he has played lock for the last coupla weks..he seems just a little slight to be playing lock. But hey, if its working...

jagz

Juniors
Final score 50-24 to Vulcans

Vulcans (Johnson 2, Gavet, Godinet, Houma, Kingi, Moon, Taka, Tupou, tries; Godinet 5, Johnson 2, goals) Bulldogs (Cutler, Reynolds, Romelo, Wright, tries; Roberts 4, goals)

tezzah

Juniors
Vulcan's halves had a field day from the looks of things, and against quality opposition. Surely!

ozbash

Referee
Vulcans go down 42-30 to Windsor Wolves

bad luck but missing a few key players.

devoid

Juniors
Weren't the Wolves bottom of the ladder? And Vulcans the top?

Yep - but the result isn't completely baffling. A lot of top grade Panthers got a run for the Wolves, while the Vulcans were missing a stack to cover the Warriors on the Gold Coast.

Meth

Staff member
Any word on how Steve Rapira went? And how did Godinet go at hooker?