What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

The bid was based on the Dolphins Bid. It was put together by the same entity and went above and beyond what they submitted.

Don't be fooled by the smoke screen, there wasn't a problem with the bid, PVL has dumped a licensing fee on them at the last minute and then thrown the toys out the cot when they didn't jump.
He can do that. What was the case with the Dolphins is not the case with Perth - i.e. established brand, pathways, funding, leagues club etc. and Fox increasing broadcasting revenue to give to the other clubs.

These other factors were not there for Perth. PVL would have needed to have given a sweetner to the other clubs. Of course, if it was a last minute request, not cool. But who knows what the RFP process was and agreed KPIs. At the end of the day, the onus is on the bid team to satisfy the NRL, not the other way around.

Iamback

Coach
The bid was based on the Dolphins Bid. It was put together by the same entity and went above and beyond what they submitted.

Don't be fooled by the smoke screen, there wasn't a problem with the bid, PVL has dumped a licensing fee on them at the last minute and then thrown the toys out the cot when they didn't jump.

So the new team wouldn't be a stakeholder in the game?

Wb1234

Immortal
Looks like Perth are still going to get in … the bad news is that this will drag on longer and might go behind 2027 before they get to 18 teams
I expect they will sort out the issues shortly

A new bid team for Perth will be sorted out or maybe even Cummins returns if he kisses ass

PNG isn’t ready it needs a whole lot of infrastructure built and the ground upgraded

BuffaloRules

Coach
I expect they will sort out the issues shortly

A new bid team for Perth will be sorted out or maybe even Cummins returns if he kisses ass

PNG isn’t ready it needs a whole lot of infrastructure built and the ground upgraded

I guess the NRL could own them and look to sell them down the track …. After they are playing in the competition most likely …they would be leaning on the WA Govt even more I would Imagine to assist setting them up

Wb1234

Immortal
I guess the NRL could own them and look to sell them down the track …. After they are playing in the competition most likely …they would be leaning on the WA Govt even more I would Imagine
I’d be surprised if the bears don’t own a big part of it now

Esp if they pay that 60 million fee that cumins couldn’t afford to pay

RIP Western Bears

"The NRL expansion submission also included a question about potential licence fees that bids would be willing to pay. The Western Bears consortium indicated they wouldn’t stump up a licence fee."

So was there a licence fee or not.......what a question, why would you say yes if they were asking you if you wanted to.

Pippen94

First Grade
So Vlandys demanded a massive license fee after tender submissions were finalised. WA consortium has told him, quite rightly imo, to get fcked and NRL have pulled the pin on them. So rugba league, so Vlandys.
Good luck finding anyone else in WA to sink $60mill into this farce.

Lol.

Latest posts